B590 NightGlows Not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jim Beam, Mar 21, 2014.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This is incredible. Are you suggesting track guys and devs speak in different languages and that core developers that need to program omni lights so that they turn on when specified do not know what a omni light is. I just dont believe it.

enviado mediante tapatalk

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Max and Tim aren't devs or track guys. It was Tim and Max who were asking for more details. If it was a track guy or a dev that saw this thread they probably would have known exactly what Jim was referring to. The attitude that is being given because they asked for more info is ridiculous. That is what I am referring to. Cut Tim some slack.. He is here to help.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I agree on that. Tim is doing a very good job. My concern is the attitude of devs who should be the ones concerned about bug report section. Someone involved in development should be the one filtering and organizing the bug troubleshooting. I posted a major bug about manager one month ago and two unstables and one stable later the bug remains despite new build uses a new modmgr version. Something is not working properly. Sorry for the offtopic bu5 this problem is recurrent.

4. Pablo S

Pablo S Registered

Can confirm, trackside lighting doesn't work, on ISI tracks and others, with any settings. :confused:

5. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Confirmed here as well; well, Night Glows ARE working just fine here ... but no working Omni.

6. INSQMNIAC

INSQMNIAC Registered

Its is HDR that makes the problem the HDR Blackpoint settings

i wil post 2 video's in a min with the same HDR and si for your self

No Blackpoint in HDR B3xx

rFactor 2 B590 Auto ads Blackpoint to HDR Profile

Both video's have the same HDR Profile

HDR Bug post http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19083-rFactor-2-HDR-Bug?p=261110&viewfull=1#post261110

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  7. Luc Van Camp

I tried turning off Automation, but I still see no omnis, so no, it's definitely not a HDR issue.

8. INSQMNIAC

INSQMNIAC Registered

ok hope you guys find out the real problem then :)

BTW Can i turn of Automation in my game also??

9. Luc Van Camp

There's a toggle in both the Viewer and ModDev. Of course you could simply load a custom HDR Profile the old fashioned way to bring back the good old mess ...

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Actually, I thought you meant headlights were not lighting up the trackside as you drove.

11. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Hi. We are trying to race in Barein with Formula 1 cars (they dont have lights) and with 494 the artificial lights looks great but in 590 they dont work at all. Same configuration, same mod, same track, same vehicle. Have tried to copy everything inside the few "config.ini" files from 494 to 590 and evythings the same. Do you know what have you changed to have this issue?
    The only light we have is the moon -light .
    View attachment 12227 494 Build
    View attachment 12228 590 Build

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  12. Luc Van Camp

Has been fixed and should be working in the next build.

13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

When? :)

14. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

As always - when it's ready for release :p

15. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Ehh, just move the race to daylight ? Our league is gonna do 12 hours at Sebring, now THAT'S an issue, best workaround is HDR=OFF

16. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Thats not a solution for us. How can you work in a Formula 1 mod for rFactor 2 trying to be as similar as its possible, with DRS, ERS, 8 GEARS, V6 Turbo 15000 RPM, Brake By Wire, Fuel and Tyres calibration, etc,... implemented, and the solution is to race in Bahrain to daylight?
    Not sure but each new build solves some issues and has new ones, thats werent before.
    Our solution, the only we can use now, is to race with another build. But, WHat a Solution.....

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

How long is the next unstable planned to be up before stable is released this time?

We are tired of someone's impatience and incompetence when calling something stable without waiting for proper feedback to arrive. It is about the fourth time a similar so called "difficult to trace bug" is easily detected by the community. All these would have been avoided if the proper amount of time and publicity was given to unstable releases. Please REACT and stop pulling our legs!!!!

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Annnnnnnd that's another one to ignore. Sheesh.

fujitsu... so you have brake by wire do you? Got your MGU-K and MGU-H harvesting as needed, giving drivers a bit of a headache with variable braking balance?

It's a game. Yes, I'm sure you've put work in to get something to race with, but if ISI made claims like that there'd be hell to pay on these forums. So you either wait for the next build - which probably won't be far off, really - or you race during daylight. Bahrain in the afternoon instead of evening is still closer to imitating reality than a mod trying to emulate systems the sim can't do for a season 2 races old.

19. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Bump! People are saying that this is fixed in 660, but I'm not seeing it. To me it looks like all Omni Light instances are bugged. These types of lights (from Joesville):
    I've tried with both HDR on and off. Same look. I've tried ISI tracks and the track I'm working on. Looks the same in both SDK and normal game.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Please don't judge anything using Joesville....