Request - formula renault 2.0 and formula ford

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Jarmour, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

Does anyone know of anyone planning to release these cars? Id love to see more open wheelers in the line up and these two are great!

2. Callumgw

Callumgw Registered

+1 on this

C

3. Denny86

Denny86 Registered

A Formula Renault 2.0 would be really nice to have. But even more I would like to see the current Formula 3 Chassis Dallara F312...! The WCP guys made an awesome mod for rF1, of the F3 European Championchip 2014!. I hope they will take it to rF2 as well :)

4. LDC10298

LDC10298 Registered

The wcp guys Just took other guys work
    Go in F1 classic forum and you will see

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

5. tpw

tpw Registered

I'm currently working on a Formula Renault 2.0 which I hope to release before too long.

Basically, I have taken the ISI 2010 FR3.5 and grafted in the F4R RS engine (and sounds) and starter from the Clio Cup. I've lowered the weight and inertia, firmed up the steering, lightened the brake pressure, reduced the fuel capacity, and modified gear ratios. The mechanicals, tyres, and looks are otherwise identical to the FR3.5. The same downforce packages and options are available.

It largely looks and sounds the part, feels awesome, and is heaps of fun to drive with a top speed of ~220kmh.

There are a number of issues I'm hoping to resolve with some community help:

1 - The 2010 FR3.5 I'm basing this on has messed up steering visuals, and no matter what parameters I change the visual steering rotation does not match the actual wheel rotation

2 - The steering wheel looks like !@#$, I'm hoping to graft a better looking wheel in

3 - The FR3.5 model is obviously not the same as the FR2.0. It has twin exhausts, the little wing thingy on top etc. I have no modelling experience and no desire to gain it, so if anyone wants to help out in that department....

4 - I'm not a Renault engineer, I have basically gleaned FR20 information from the web, and I have only used ISI assets. My tweaks to performance and handling are educated guesses.

If anyone is interested in this whole project then please let me know and I'll start a dedicated thread with a download link.

6. tpw

tpw Registered

I'm currently working on a Formula Renault 2.0 mod which I hope to release some time soon.

Basically I started with the ISI 2010 FR3.5 and grafted in the 2.0L FR4 RS engine (and sounds) from the Clio Cup. I lightened the weight and inertia, firmed up the steering, lightened the brakes, gave it a decent spread of gears, and shrunk the fuel tank. The mechanicals, tyres, and looks are otherwise identical to the 2010 FR3.5. The same downforce packages and options are available. The mod is completely independent of the FR3.5 and does not interfere with it in any way.

The mod 2010 FR2.0 essentially looks and certainly sounds the part. It feels great and with a top speed of ~ 220kmh it's heaps of fun to drive. There are a few issues that I'm hoping the community can help me out with:

1 - The visual steering wheel rotation does not match the physical wheel rotation. This is an issue inherited from the original FR3.5.

2 - The 2010 steering wheel model itself is pretty ugly, I'm hoping to graft a better one (read: the 2014 FR3.5 one) in.

3 - There are visual discrepancies, because the FR2.0 is wearing 3.5 clothes: such as the twin V8 exhausts and the small winglet thingy on the top of the intake. I don't have the modelling abilities to attend to these, and nor do I wish to acquire them at this point!

4 - There are sound issues also inherited from the FR3.5, such as lack of car/car collision noises.

5 - I'm not a Renault engineer, I have basically gleaned FR20 information from the web, and I have only used ISI assets. This means that my tweaks to performance and handling are educated guesses - I've never driven an open wheeler bigger than a go kart let alone a Formula Renault.

If anyone is interested in this I'll start a dedicated thread with a download link.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
  7. call-911

call-911 Registered

Would be very interested in a Formula Ford mod

8. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

Did anything ever come of the Formula Renault 2?

9. AlanK

AlanK Registered

Formula Ford? I found this:
    Not tried it tho'.