Cannot tell if Activated

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by 64r, Mar 20, 2014.

1. 64r

64r Registered

Hi,

It's been a while since I did a full install, so I followed the instructions from http://rfactor.net/web/docs/can-i-save-my-activation-data-so-i-dont-have-to-re-activate/. I basically uninstalled and deleted everything and then installed the new 590 build.

For the first launch of the "launcher" app, I saw that in the bottom right corner my name was recognised. Clicking the Profile tab and I got a white screen. On the Purchase tab I saw the buttons for the Store and Activate, so I thought that the activation files that I had backed up and copied back (as per the ISI help) had not been correctly applied. So I signed in on the Purchase tab and clicked the Activate button, a few seconds later I got a popup tell me that activation was complete. On the profile page I still get the white screen, but after a second I can now see my Account Info and License Owned details. If I click back on the Purchase tab I still see the Activate section, so even though I know I have just activated the product there is no way of seeing that it is actually activated.

It's only a small bug but I can see it being confusing for others and I thought that it used to show something different once rF2 was activated (but perhaps it has always been this way). Like I said, a small issue but would be good to get resolved.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The white screen is your information loading from our site.

After you first reinstalled, did you not just try running the sim on the simulate tab? We don't remove activation, so you probably didn't even need to do everything you did.

If you're not activated, you can't run the software on the simulate tab, and it's greyed out there. If you are activated you can and it's not.

3. 64r

64r Registered

Hi Tim,

I did not try running the sim from the Simulate tab because I was first going through the other tabs to make sure that everything looked ok. I am trying to think from a new user perspective and I understand what you are saying but I still think it's a good idea to change the "Activate rFactor 2" to something else like "Your rFactor 2 is Activated". Not a big deal, just useful for users.

4. 64r

64r Registered