1999 Panoz AIV Roadster 0.95 available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. myself9

myself9 Registered

Join button grayed out, FYI.

2. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Darnit. Is there something I need to do? I haven't followed all the mumbo jumbo regarding that problem and the last build and I thought it was fixed in this build? Oh well...

Here is a video of me alone on server after I heard someone join I rushed onto the track to catch up with them only to see that it was 'transparent trainer' but really not because actually AI LOL but I gave chase anyway and funny ending...

3. myself9

myself9 Registered

Me too. Don't know what the problem is. I messed around with port settings and everything else for hours last night and nobody could get into my lobby. Lame.

Nice vid. SAME DAMN CORNER EVERY TIME hahaha :)

[​IMG]

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Hooked up the stereo amp and speakers instead of headphones, set my expectations for the sounds using other cars by carefully adjusting the mix, and then came back to the Panoz. The Panoz engine in the cockpit view still sounds muddy, like it was recorded in the footwell or behind the seat.

5. O11

O11 Registered

This car is awesome. I like the transmission modelling. Really a nice car as long as you don't see it from the outside. XD

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

That´s what I call a good simulated road car!
    Great Fun!
    I have no problem with the inboard sound.
    Wonder how the external sound will be.

Greets
    Pete

7. grijkee

grijkee Registered

8. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

This car is so fun to drive.
    I have just done a drive at Targa Florio... you never want the lap to end.
    Also practiced at rainy Nordschleife. Damn you have to be gentle with the throttle... I loved it.

About the sound, I'm not complaining about low engine volume but for an overall low volume. I mean, to get the real inmersion (Wind hitting your ears loudly) you must use quite a high volume compared to the general volume (menu sounds for example) than the volume I use with other cars.

Also I think the driver is way to far from the steering, considering he's driving a sporty car in a sporty way.

9. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Referencing my post (#29, #55 & #66), I recently reviewed Darin Ganji's InsideSimRacing test drive of the Panoz Roadster at Loch Drummond in build 580 (here). His recommendation to recalibrate the clutch for a quick release and engagement helps a little bit, mostly I think, because it speeds up the shifting process. More importantly, however, is the necessity to alter one's clutch-throttle timing so that the clutch is fully engaged without coming back into the throttle simultaneously. Now with a real car, if you let the clutch out with a closed throttle, it would result in a rather clumsy lurch of negative torque to the driven wheels, but with this car it actually allows the drivetrain to connect without spinning up like a CVT. I'm still at odds with whatever philosophy or error that resulted in this behaviour, but at least I can have fun with this now...if I can retrain my feet after nearly 4 decades of driving manual transmission cars.

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I have my clutch set at full linearity and 100% is when it's fully depressed and have no problems shifting. Press clutch/release throttle, upshift, release clutch/ press throttle.

11. Mawgly

Mawgly Registered

Awesome car!

12. Emil Zhelyazkov

Emil Zhelyazkov Registered

10 min driving Panoz and that's my impressions.
    Great , Great fun car. Thanks you ISI.
    It's Just drifting machine.
    Really fun to drive it.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

13. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Cool and fun car to drive. I noticed in the garage the wheel style doesn't change. Shouldn't it?

Please can we also get the option to run with a helmet?!? Seeing 20 identical twins of this guy looks rather disturbing!

On that note how cool would it be to be able to customize your own driver. Like change his appearance, different faces, facial hair, and stuff. Let's do it!

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Just had some of the best fights in rf2 with this car. Excellent job ISI.

Is there more of this kind of cars (street cars) coming to rf2?

15. Galaga

Galaga Banned

better tire sound

16. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I know they're just a bunch of polygons, but seeing drivers race without a crash helmet makes me feel uneasy. lol

17. Mawgly

Mawgly Registered

Realy awesome car!
    Check my hotlap at Nurburgring Nordschleife

18. TPS

TPS Registered

Hallo

I am new to this community and my attention was drawn by Panoz. I have been in simracing for two years, mainly iRacing and AC.

Can anybody tell me if this Panoz is comparable in terms of driving/physics to Caterham Super 7. On paper weight/power Panoz resembles Caterham R300.

19. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

never driven Caterham but i would assume so, they are same kind of cars. Only i would expect Caterham to be more flexible, more alive. Panoz to me really is more like a relaxing comfortable car, with all the leather interiors and sound isolated engine. Caterham is more like for a widl ride where driving gloves is a must. Panoz is for sunday drive, where you return home hungry. Caterham is more like coming home shaken and cold, but still screaming with excitement

20. Minibull

Minibull Member

I would say no in terms of performance. No way the Panoz will rip round the top gear test track like the R500 did. Probably bigger, heavier and with more torque than the Caterham. Panoz seems more road focused, especially with an overdrive. Still, quite responsive and very tail happy XD