1999 Panoz AIV Roadster 0.95 available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Justy

Justy Registered

I tested the sounds using my normal 2.1 speaker setup, rather than the headset (Logitech G930) and it is much much better! The strange "muffled booming" must be some weird effect created by my headset/settings. Sorry to have caused any confusion.

Also on the subject of how the engine sound is balanced in relation to other sounds, I have had no problems whatsoever, with or without the headset. Tyre squeal, other cars etc, all seem appropriate.

Cheers

2. myself9

myself9 Registered

My new favorite ISI car. Nice work. Thank you!

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Looking forward to more public roads to drive this thing on. Hopefully its release will inspire more development...

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Ive got a 2nd gear glitch?? drives like a fuel blockage at around 5700 rpm in 2nd just wont go above for a few seconds then slowly does , no issue with other gears can hit rev limit?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  5. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I have that problem too, it feels like clutch slipping from a dodgy shift and you can lift while its slipping to catch it again. Strange thing is that it doesn't happen every time you shift at full throttle.

6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

great fun and nice to have a controlled series car.

I am experiencing the same gearbox/driveline problem others have mentioned as well.

7. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

I like so much the car; but for me, the skid sound is quite poor..

Hear this:

And then..

so artificial I think.

8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I agree Frank, the ISI tire sounds are very disappointing on most cars, i think the historic formula cars and the skippy have good tire sounds but rest just sound horrible tbh and take alot away from immersion for me.

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

QFT.

@ Tim Wheatley, will you please pass the above examples along to devs?

10. Maug

Maug Registered

11. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

great GREAT car, thank you so much! Can't believe/understand it's also free/how the heck you guys at ISI make the needed money to run this show!?! :)

No problems with gears here. Don't have any aids on and have H-shifter. I use clutch when upshifting and sometimes experience this clutch slippage but it's always when clutch pedal is not pressed fully down and can be stopped by quickly pressing cluch pedal down and releasing immediately. Of course I also lift throttle while shifting up. On downshifting I just push gear stick to neutral, give little throttle to match revs and then push gear in.

Tire smoke doesn't seem to work with this car for me either. Tire sounds are doing good job on giving information of grip level but have to agree those could sound little bit more realistic (scrubbing AND screeching). I'm no tire sound expert but still... :)

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

Great little car, but I agree with those saying the sound balance isnt right. The wind totally overpowers the engine noise, which ruins the immersion. I think a little tweak and it would sound a lot better :)

13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I don't understand.. I have no issues with the engine sound? I can clearly hear it even in high speed, and I can hear the wind noise too. It's good as it is. Don't forget it's a street car, and it has open roof.

Effects: 80%
    Engine: 80%
    Tires: 130%
    Spotter: 100%
    Opponent: 60%
    Player: 80%
    Speaker configuration: stereo speakers

Btw, please add wind noise to the historic open wheelers :D

14. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

As a car its ok. Its well done. Some minor tweaks and it could be 1.0
    I just dont think this is the way of getting people interested in rf2 neither its the type of cars i expected.
    There are other "major categories" wich should get an aproach to spread rf2 to other people wich its what rf2 and communities need.
    Nascar/Indy/Rally type are among the ones i believe should be worked on.
    We have a couple of GT´s, a couple of Formulas, but we lack some diferent things wich are not Panoz´s/Karts.

Its my personal opinion on this matter. This Panoz to me will be that car standing there in the list view even if its a great job from the devs.

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I'm among those who have shouted for road/street cars for rf2. They are really fun to drive. I don't mind they are not part of any racing series.

Fun of driving is what I'm after and that's why diversity is also something I'm into. So I like the direction ISI is heading with rf2.

17. Magzire

Magzire Registered

wow nice spam link for a mirror

18. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Server ! SuicideSimRacingPUBLIC is up with Transfagarasan.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

As I said way earlier and others seem to agree, the skid/scrub sounds could use a tweak. They sound like slicks instead the street tires that you can hear in the video clip above.

Engine sound is pretty muted, but that's to be expected. I suspect it's accurate relative to the race car engines we have in the other vehicles. Truth is, they should be so loud that you need to wear ear protection, so they are toned down a bit. In other words, if this was louder, the Skippy would be so loud (with engine right behind you ear) that it would blow you out of the room. A F1 car (until this season) requires ear protection from 20 m away!

This one likely needs to be boosted a little, reflecting no helmet and just because it would be aesthetically more pleasing (at the expense of a bit of realism).

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Had me worried for a wee bit, first few seconds were unsettling.