REPLACED Build 590 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Hi, when i made this with Build 382 i have no Problem, so i think thats no Problem with my Firewall.

explanation: I have two directories on the same computer. One with Build 382, one with Build 590. So I start with the same user on the same machine, but with build 590 the join button is grayed out. Sometimes it is possible, however, but this is very sporadic and I have previously click on other Servers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  2. Tripp

Tripp Registered

When i klick mirror to download 590 mod i end up to see this Ange lösenord för isimirror på ftp://srv1.simsync.de great that isi use simsync BUT where to see the password to start download from simsync servers.
    I have never seen or find that password on this forum.
    Another way to share the updates or full games is by torrent maybe something to look at. simsync have fast upload speed anyway , i not now where the mod and tracks that we can download is laying on what server but download from lobby when missing a cars or tracks takes ages , that is very slow downloads. lay at least the files on a faster line when it comes to upload speed.

3. mbezik

mbezik Registered

after updating using the autoupdater i can no longer launch rf2, it goes through the motions of launching and then drops back to desktop before the UI is displayed, any ideas what might of happened or how i could fix this or is it a full reinstall?

the config is showing my usual settings and the updater seemed to work with no errors.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I just picked up my NVidia 3D Vision 2 kit (used, hardly) for $80 Cdn ;) , I come home to set it up and I find out Build 590 released!!!

What timing!!!

Soooo pumpeed!!!!!!

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I like the idea about EnvOff being just sky/clouds. This "fake reflection" works so well, actually feels smoother than "low" and framerate cost is nothing much at all...

6. RJames

RJames Registered

Ok a note here if its of help to anyone about the dedicated servers.

Last night when the update was released we did the auto update on the servers and I also performance a clean new installation for one of our public servers. We launched the clean installation last night straight away and having no join issues what so ever.

Come today I setup another server, however this was using one of the updated installations 382 > 494 > 590. After I launched it and tried to connect i found i had the join button greyed out. Odd.. So anyway i ended up deleting and uninstalling that server and freshly installed a clean 590, reloaded in the same packages, multiplayer.ini and rfmod and started the server of which has no grey button issues.

So it's worth all the server hosts checking if any grey button issues exist after updating their servers from 494 to 590 if they do i suspect a clean 590 installation will resolve the issues.

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Gosh rf2 is really starting to come on now, this build looks good too with some essential fixes :)

really looking forward to trying it, in the meantime this is me keeping myself busy :

[​IMG]

would just hope the dk2 rift was coming faster )-:

8. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

i am having a problem with the dreaded micro stutter in this build

was fine before in 494, havent changed any settings but its there. OSD FPS counter says steady 60, but it clearly isnt running that way

tried multiple cars, tracks, AI from 0-16 cars it still happens. i turned off vsync but still there, enabled triple buff in nv control panel and lowered my AA (even though it was fine before)

any suggestions? I used the auto updater, if that makes any difference at all

rf1 runs fine, so i thinks its specific to rf2

9. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hey Rob, have you tried setting max pre-rendered frames to 1 in the nvidia control panel? give it a try if you've not done so yet.

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I have created a aip file in moddev. How can I load the file?
    What is the "loose track directory"?

11. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

UserData, Settings, <TrackLayoutName> perhaps?

12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Well, even better timing because they fixed the 3D issue with the deformable tyre shader with this release :)

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

14. 88mphTim

If you reset the cache (files in cbash, delete them), is this still an issue?

15. 88mphTim

Yes you would have to go into the server fully, then exit out fully.

16. 88mphTim

And with different executables that require different firewall entries. Try waiting 90s before clicking a server you created.

17. 88mphTim

I'm not asked for a password downloading from there.

Click Mirror again for an alternate mirror, or don't use a mirror. Our green links use both our servers and mediafire at random.

18. 88mphTim

Set your graphics options before launching in the launcher, and make sure you don't have a program stealing focus from the sim.

19. 88mphTim

It might be because it was simply off the MM for 90s. Would that be likely?

20. 88mphTim

Try deleting cbash files.

Whether rf1 runs fine doesn't really mean anything anymore.