REPLACED Build 590 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I don't see tyre smoke anymore in mp, even with specialfx set to high :confused:

Didn't try in single player :rolleyes:

For everything else it runs like a dream, thank you ISI

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Regarding alt+m I will re-check but I am confident it stuck whilst in rf2 and changing tracks etc. Not sure when exiting rf2 though

I noticed this too in-game, things are much brighter then before with auto hdr. a bit over done so it seems.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's there, but reduced, IMHO a bit too much. Thanks.

4. 88mphTim

I haven't noticed it in-sim. Any screens?

5. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Hey Tim, would you mind updating the links to the latest build and latest official content on the forum banner? Thanks! :)
    New build looks cool!

6. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

7. David Turnbull

David Turnbull Registered

very bright look to the new build for me.

also intermittant join greyed out on some servers, click an isi server then go back and join appears. sometimes just clicking a few diffrent servers brings it back.

8. 88mphTim

Are these servers running 590?

9. David Turnbull

yes, the racedepartment vwsr 3.5 and my own server prestogp test server.

the rd one works, i disconnect then join button is gone, if i click on an isi server then back to rd the join is back, the same problem with my own, it seems totally random atm.

edit: i didnt use the autoupdate, fully reinstalled after deleteing all leftover folders.

10. 88mphTim

Ah, I think the join button disconnects when you click it once, to stop you clicking again. It sounds like after you disconnected, it didn't reset to joinable. Does that sound right?

11. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I noticed that with the new build the HDR (automation) bright/dark difference is bigger. Meaning that when the weather is clear its a bit (only a little bit!) too bright and when overcast is too dark. The last build was perfect after i adjusted color saturation on my monitor a bit. And it was the same (perfect) with all tracks. Now i see a bit of variation between the tracks with same weather. I'm with AMD (7970) card here.

Would there be anyway to adjust it to be the way it was before? Because now when overcast, i have to adjust Gamma and Brightness up a notch and if the weather (sky) changes during the race, i'm screwed because then its way too bright and i have to withdraw from the race since i cant do adjustments while driving :(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Now I sound like a noob but I swear it was the first thing I noticed, the exaggerated brightness.
    Trying to get screens for it though I returned and the brightness was gone (??)

So maybe a glitch in the matrix or multiple shutdowns, I dunno. but it looks the same now as in the buil494 screens I was going to compare them with.
    I did no changes along the way apart from shadows btw.

But another thing, in 494 I reported a helmet issue.
    Apparently it was track dependant.

But its getting worse, Croft is humongous now but even on the latest Silverstone this is still an issue, more or less as in the old pic.
    helmet590.jpg

13. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

I do not want to be the one to say this but I am having a lot of join button problems with 590 still, ISI servers included, many servers. Seems better than 494 but problem remains. Tried game rs, no different.

Also if you do enter server, if you click 'back' on the car selection screen nothing happens.

14. David Turnbull

not really, i just now started up mp, clicked on my server, no join, clicked on isi server that was top of the list and now i get a join button on my server.

then i started the game and had a join button right away for my server.

seems totally random.

15. Pits

Pits Registered

One of our servers was greyed out, I set up our second server and that was greyed out as well, but, our first server I can now join, I do wonder if there is a handshake delay time. Both servers are 590.

16. 88mphTim

MM does have a 90s data update delay. Curious if your join button lit after 90s?

17. 88mphTim

No matter what way I try to update, I can't get bright HDR. If it is track dependent, which ones and how did you update? Have you tried clearing cbash, etc?

Thanks guys.

18. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Ive noticed maybe due to connection types and where the server is based from ..ie home or dedicated server

if i click on a home based server it takes longer for the join button to appear than it would on a dedicated server

both are 590

edit: straight away can join dedicated server
    15 seconds before join button appears on my home server

19. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Just tried it via auto updater . great update ! thank you !
    So far my results ; MM works fine here ,no grey outs , was able to host my own server and join it (desktop server), get mod worked fine so far , only tested on ISI server , Can confirm smoke is a lot les visible now , obviously turned down , maybe a bit to much ? also NO smoke in replays confirmed .. alt-M not sticking, for me anyway , shadows seem to draw a lot better ,not as noticeable anyway , I did notice some light drawing on non ISI track , meaning I could see the draw distance seam'/line some meters ahead of the car, not as noticeable on ISI tracks (palm beach for example I didn't see any seam/draw line..) FPS increase for me of 5fps or so on average and very smooth ! this after deleting cbash and shadows folders .

;-)

20. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

In the Viewer, Reset Cache definitely works ...