"589Test - GT Mix" Server

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Hectari, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Hectari

Hectari Registered

370z talent file still won't download, every other component downloaded successfully.

[​IMG]

2. RJames

RJames Registered

That's really odd, Tim is the getmod downloading directly from my server or from a remote URL? If it's from a remote URL could the file be damaged?

3. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Moi aussi,me too!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
  4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Get missing component is only capable of downloading from remote URLs. That is what the URL that you see in the ModMgr is for. It takes that URL an appends ?sig= to the end. It is possible that it is corrupt but I suspect it's because that user has an existing talent file in their DEFAULT packages folder. The game will not overwrite if the file already exists and it will not try to install the file that is already there. It just fails.

So try looking for that file in your packages folder and delete it if it exists. Or point ModMgr to your default packages folder and see if the talent is there and installable.

5. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Deleted all traces of 370Z from all packages folders(not moved, deleted from PC), still didn't work. Also uninstalled all 370Z files from other build installed, still no go.

Is it anything to do with the naming of the talent file? It appears to be the only one that includes a space. Also, even though I have been downloading all content, it all existed in other packages folders, some of it in Documents/rFactor2/Packages and also in the packages folder I have on secondary hdd but all the rest of it downloaded successfully.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Try the clio, it has a space in the file name too (clio cup.rcd).

7. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I downloaded the 370Z multi cmp from ISI downloads, the talent file contained within is the only component that has a space in it out of all the ISI and 3rd party mods I have:

[​IMG]

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Try it now. I replaced my %20 with a space in the code.

9. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Still won't download through get missing components. If you remove the space or replace with a _ to bring it in line with how every other component is named does that mean having to release an updated version of the 370Z? I think I already know the answer to that question :eek:

10. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

I have anew 370z downloaded,and i have 3 steps join without problem.
    (sorry for my english!)

11. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Did you download the 370Z with get missing components after clicking get mod or did you download it from ISI download section?

12. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

No,i have downloaded from ISI download section

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
  13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah it's annoying, it seems it can't parse spaces via either method. Would require a new car release to fix that.

14. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Just like the last two builds I installed lite with no mods installed.
    I was able to get the files from both ISI servers but could not get the 370Z talent file from this server.
    Probably going to get the same from the Clio talent from what Tosch posted.
    I haven't added Talent files in the vmods i have made as the drivers who join have to provide that :)

15. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I have packages on a network drive (different puter) but when I install these unstable builds I let them go to the default locations but the new (unstable) launcher still finds that network drive as I have a separate 484 install on the root of my c drive (gaming rig not the server with the packages).

On both ISI servers the unstable still downloads all of the files even though mod manager knows they are in the packages folder. Interesting part is mod manager has the individual parts of the cars installed (car, sound, talent) but the rfmcp files are not installed. I can install the rfmcp for the 370 then get into RJ's server fyi. :)

16. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

If the components aren't installed it will download them. It only checks to see if it is installed, not if it is on your disk.

18. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Except the 370Z Talent file.