Join button greyed out

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Hectari, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Hectari

Hectari Registered

After some testing online, the only time I managed to get a greyed out join button was by clicking back at the car select screen to go back to matchmaker and try to re-enter the server immediately. Fixed by rebooting rf2, not a big deal, subsequent efforts to repeat could not produce a greyed out join button :) . Build all good so far, bet you thought you were in for bad news :eek:

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm still getting the greyed out join button. One of ISI's test servers.

"Testing573 - TC" worked fine.
    "Testing573 - OW" greyed out. I had to click on other servers and back to the "OW" server a few times before the join button suddenly worked.

Restarted rf2 multiplayer, and I had the same problem again. "Testing573 - OW" is greyed out no matter how long I wait for it.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Do you have fraps? could you record and upload a video of it? (even free one with watermark) There might be an indicator as to what you're doing, or the mm is doing.

4. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Do you guys have any logging facility? It would be relatively easy to troubleshoot these issues if rf2 traced the MM dialog results into a simple text log file. Then we could just upload the log file.

Anyway, I got the greyed out join button too, 573 client against 573 servers.
    I joined one of the ISR servers (Meganes at Monza League or something like that). Stayed there for half an hour.
    After I left the track and returned to the MP lobby, all the 573 servers had join button greyed out, which made me think it could be (my) client issue.
    BTW, the "greyed out join" manifested itself exactly as it does in 494. The details about the server in the box to the left were not complete.

I closed the MP lobby. Restarted from launcher + MP and everything was back to working state again, so it looked like it definitely was *not* a server issue this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Hi Tim

I have Fraps, but at the moment everything is working as it should, so nothing to capture. Both ISI servers are okay for me (do you know if it has been restarted?). Also, all IsR servers running build 573 works, except one. I restarted my pc and after that even the last IsR server had working join button. So I'm not sure what's going on. I'll try to capture if I experience the same problem again.

6. cosimo

cosimo Registered

The "TEST573" server had join button greyed out just now.
    I clicked on another 573 server, and then back to TEST573 and it was fine again.

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yeah, this is exactly what I experienced before, but atm everything is working fine for me.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks.

9. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi, i tested sporadic most of the build 573 servers over the weekend, mostly at saturday evening.

Here are my findings:
    I never had any issue with the following servers: Testing573-TC, Testing573-OW, Bjorns, Test573, Testing573-GTMIX and the ISR Servers.
    Could'nt get a lighten up MOD button at the Jops 2009 Build 573 Test Server at saturday but on sunday. -> http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18827-Jops-2009-Build-573-Test-Server

10. Cheikhou Badji

Cheikhou Badji Registered

11. Cheikhou Badji

Cheikhou Badji Registered

hi here a video