Assetto Corsa additional to my game collection

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Thepharcyde, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Interesting that you don´t even mentioned rF2!
    But you are always around here in the forum...:confused:
    But that phenomenon was already comented by others.

Dirt2 and Codie´s are not SIMcade but ARcade titles by the way.

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

DIRT2 and the F1 games are simcade in my eyes as are the SHIFT games and pCARS etc, they simulate real world motoracing just dumbed down, far from arcade. They just lack the fidelity of the PC focussed sims. Outrun is arcade, Mario is arcade, both titles mentioned are far from these games.

3. brot

brot Registered

AC promised us a public demo, but that hasn´t happened. SO when i saw it today on Steam for 23,29 euro, i bought it......

The visuals are more eye-pleasing in my mind, but i don´t feel connected to the road like i do in RF2, and it looks slooooow when driving, compared to RF2.

My first thought was: Gran Turismo on PC.

My second thought was: 23,29 euro lost...........

This is MY opinion, which is what the OP asked for, so don´t barf back at me :rolleyes:

4. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Those are my exact sentiments but I paid 29.99....
    Does have some nice features tho and if you persevere with settings it does get better but it's no rf2

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

RF2:
    -more features
    -more racing cars
    - great physics
    - poor performance (ATI)
    - a bit inconsistent graphics

AC:
    - less features (even when it will be ready)
    - great solid graphics and performance
    - great physics (though different to RF2)
    - more sports cars and less racing cars
    - right now is discount 33% on steam

If You can, have both cause they are the only current gen racing games that are worth playing in my opinion. And are still a bit different and complete each other. Especially cars selection is totally different and make it worth to have them both.

6. costamesa

costamesa Registered

RF2
    - No multiplayer

AC
    - No multiplayer

:)

Edit: I must have said "Oh yes I am exaggreting after the problems with current build and making a joke here" before this went in a completely wrong direction. However trying to find a server that I can join for the last couple of hours, keeps failing..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
  7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

simply untrue!
    Just joined a server yesterday INCLUDED Getmod!

8. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

AC is just a bunch of hype photos from a hype car game that looks good. LOOKS not-equal to HANDLES.
    Its impossible to even compare both titles. If AC mess it up when online comes (and we all remember NKPro) then what it will be like? What all this people going to say?
    Anybody in their perfect sense believes that online will arrive at AC and it all goes well in first release?
    RF2 staff has the knowledge from years and years of RF1 and somethings still mess up like in 494.

People complaint about unfinished features in RF2. And AC? What features are fully implemented? AI´s? RealRoad? Damage system? Multiplayer? Or you all talking about that stupid/annoying driving lines in race track (a must have in a realistic sim)?

This fórum definitively needs some moderators. Theres allways 10 threads to talk about same things over and over (not only this issue but others too).

9. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I must be tripping pretty sure I had a couple of fun races online today. One server you could use any historic car so about 8 types of car to choose from, was on there for a couple of hours, then had a nice race with GTRs vs Corvettes. No CTD or drama, just fun. To say rF2 has no multiplayer is just insane.

10. EzyEllis

EzyEllis Registered

I enjoy both, More the merrier. :)

11. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

rF2 has its issues after the last update. For me not alot of MP races since 382, so imo the MP is lacking. Hope they get it fixed soon.

As folks are saying AC is lacking in the MP department. However before they implement the MP I certainly hope they do some optimation before releasing because you can't run anymore than 10 to 15 cars in SP, so it would be a big disapointment. This is my opinion though.

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Will defo try it out as soon as it has MP. I like all sims and racing games, heck, I remember how I wished for the first Gran Turismo to come to the PC :)

>impossible to even compare both titles
    Starts comparing immediately

>definitively needs some moderators. Theres allways 10 threads
    After contributing to such a thread

:p

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

+1

14. Dave362

Dave362 Registered

I have both, and have spent a bunch of time with AC. Ended up getting bored. Just my opinion, but for me rf2 is a more immersive experience. And even though I'm not much of a driver yet, I find nailing a line through a corner much more satisfying in rf2. For me, I just feel more connected to the car and track. Having said all that, I do think AC is targeting a market on the PC that hasn't been tapped, the console convert. easy to use and slick looking, lots of guys disillusioned by forza 5 will be immediately impressed. I'm an ex forza guy too, but I was looking to step up to a more realistic sim experience. just opinions.....

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I Like AC specially some classic road car . when they release a car or a track like the last one, the Nurburgring-gp I use it for 2 days, but I'm got bored and went back to rfactor2 and rfactor2 doesn't bore me at all! I have spent the last 4 days driving the URD's Porsche every day for hours and hours doing hot laps and trying to improve the car setup. I think that I will use AC to do some offline driving every while and rf2 will be my main SIM for League races!

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

interesting about some here getting bored of AC,
    same here it seriously lacks depth to me ......it's driving experience seems simplified, it's a good "game" but it's not like being immersed in driving a racing car (as close to hardware can you to it anyhow) unlike rf2 is to me

depth is something that rf2 has & I think that's why it ( like rf1 before it) has lasting appeal

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  17. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Trike...or_Toys_Bikes_Ride_Ons_LE&hash=item417d871fc6

18. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

bada bing!

Opinions are like ass holes......everyone has one.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

See Pic RC ;)

Like when EA F1Challenge lovers told me

hahahaha

Yet here I am 11 YEARS LATER waiting for the new Historically Correct Spa to get my bum in the Eagle !

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  20. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I have a love/hate relationship with rFactor2 but there is something about it that keeps me coming back for more. Assetto Corsa feels a little sterile by comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.