Winton Raceway

Discussion in 'Locations' started by R1CHO, Mar 8, 2014.

1. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

I dont think its isi's fault more so the track creator ;p.. i'll have to look at the shads

race date is May .. Autumn here nearlly Winter

2. PMC

PMC Registered

Ok it might just be a daylight savings thing as I think its supposed to be closer to 6.00 to 6.30 but i'd have to check on that one .

3. PMC

PMC Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  4. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

thx for that , maybe need to change race date then

not sure why AI dont put there lights on though

maybe lights required at night in the gdb needs changing

5. PMC

PMC Registered

I'm not sure on that one , but a quick check tells me that sunrise hasn't been affected by the dividing range which would account for an hour or so.

6. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

Thanks for the hard work RR1CHO. Looks great. It's up on the server for this weekend's race.

oz

7. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

Thanks for the track R1CHO awesome works as always man loving all the updated aussie tracks you guys are putting out cant wait to see what your working on next ;)

Are you planning on converting this and your Queensland version back to rF1 like your others aswell?

8. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Thnx for the track, just a couple of things, on my pc, all the spectators and what not look like they are in prison uniforms and the guys at the end of the pit exit look like lego men, I have lower settings than full but I have no problem on other tracks and in real life, corner 5 is an off camber corner but you have it as a positive camber corner.
    Also, do you have plans to add the short version of the track as well, would be great for F3s etc.

9. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Richo. looks good, will be crowded with a full grid of supercars!! any chance of putting Mark Baretta standing in pit lane so I can run him over ??

10. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Richo. looks good, will be crowded with a full grid of supercars!! any chance of putting Mark Baretta standing in pit lane so I can run him over ??

btw same as you fats re, lego dudes and we are all convicts down here anyway hence crowd

11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

on my machine they are :p but need to be packed up and edited a little before I release

12. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

the convict looking crowd lol that is due to lower game settings I get it if I turn my settings down too I'll have to look into why that happens

T5 ok thx for that also Fat, long left hander correct? will have a look and change to suit .. T5 is hard enough already lol

short track will get implemented but will change the other pitlane to allow more cars than would fit currently

the lego men will go they look crap upclose hahah

13. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

thx oz I'll try jumping in

14. bwana

bwana Registered

needed to change my FOV to get a realistic width of track(26 FOV). not sure if thats just my pc settings and seat position but was almost a single lane set at my normal 47FOV

15. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

There's a setting in the .gdb for latitude and longitude. I believe those 2 settings along with the race date are responsible for determining the suns location.

16. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Really great job R1CHO, thanks for bringing Winton to the rF2 community mate. Top stuff.

17. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

yeah thats what i thought

north direction is out by a mile
    Latitude, -36.528940. Longitude, 146.090075. Suburb, Winton. Postcode, 3673

Latitude = -34 // degs from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)
    NorthDirection = -96 // the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)

now i have changed it

Latitude = -36 // degs from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)
    NorthDirection = 146 // the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)

race date will be changed to April 6

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/championship/2014-v8-supercars-championship/winton-400

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
  18. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Cool, I'm glad that's all it is.

BTW great job on this track. I had a lot fun races at Winton on rF1, looking forward to racing it on rF2

19. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

Great to hear mate Im in the process of putting together a league for the guys at kokpit racing based on all 15 tracks from this years real life V8 series with yours and Intels revised versions of all these tracks along with a few others found on rf central and FVR it only leaves us with Queensland, Winton and Adelaide to find new versions of as Melbourne and Eastern Creek albeit old are new to us having never used them before so are excluded from our search.

It would be awesome to be able to include both of your latest tracks too though you guys are certainly putting out some great qaulity work and setting the standard for future release's to live up to.

20. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Cool as man I'll make some changes to both and then release .. pitlane exit at QR is wrong and Winton may need to be widened in areas aswell and some cambers and bumps need to be tweaked.

pitgarages is another worry especially for rf1 im racing in a league atm With 45 drivers for the first 4 rounds jffracing.com. The biggest issue is cars going into 1 garage after we get about 36 in the server so in the end there's 10 cars in 1 bay causing havoc so my solution for that is to make 60 garages 2 teams per garage ie 4 cars to hopefully spread them out a bit more and not put all in 1 garage after the server or track decides enough is enough

anyway I'll keep ya tuned