MOD Download failed... still

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by SnijdersB, Feb 26, 2014.

1. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Same as in the unstable release, I´m unable to join any online games running build 494. When I try to connect always get the same error... :Unable to Install MOD, MOD download failed.
    This is in windows 8.1, haven´t tried it in my windows 7 install yet but if its the same as with the unstable that will work, what also will work is when I download the vmod from an other source and manually install it, but that cant be the way I have to do it.
    Would love some suggestions because I tried everything I could think of, even unistalling my bitdefender firewall\antivirus but that also didnt help. So any good ideas are welcome :)

2. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Another thing is that the join button´s seem to randomly be either greyed out or not, happens with every server and usualy after a while some will work but others will stay greyed out.

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I have the same.

4. JGraf

JGraf Registered

no "spaces" allowed in the vmod name, or get mod will fail.

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yep.

6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

It seems to be random , I was trying to join a server that I needed the mod from right after updating to 494 , it was grey ,there were spaces in the name I believe it was the ISI "GT MIX " server, no underscores , spaces were there and it was grey .. so I went to look for another server that I might try .. I found one that one gave me the "mod name goes here" msg = fail , then when I got back to the matchmaker the same ISI GT MIX server from my first try was no longer grey and "get mod" worked fine .. jumped on the server ...

something fishy going on here ..lol

7. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Did a complete reinstall of windows 8.1, without installing any form of antivirus/firewall, did do all the windows updates and that finally solved my problem of not being able to download the vmods but......
    this caused way more problems for me in MP. 9 time out of ten when I start MP as soon as the server list loads I get a CTD :( . If, and that is rare, I do get to see the list 99 % of the servers running 494 the join button is greyed out and only a few of them turn active after a while.
    Then when I do get to download the necesary vmod its a 50/50 chance that I get another CTD!
    It is so bad that it takes me 10-15 minutes of restarting and retrying before I even get the chance to do a race online. I must say to my regret that this (for me) is one of the worst updates we´ve ever had. And the thing I really don´t understand, and tbh it makes me kinda mad, is that all these things were "found" during the unstable release but the DEVS didnt think them serious enough to hold back on the release!! To me this is something that I dont understand, and I would love to hear from a DEV what the motivation was of going to a release?
    Really hope to get somekind of awnser on this from ISI as it is really bugging me.....

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Did you really reinstall windows just to get rf2 MP working again?

9. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

tbh yes I did... but more to find out what the problem was by process of elimination, and it helped. Found out that the mod not downloading was caused by my internet security program so I am now using a different one and am able to download the vmods again. except for the ones with spaces in the name...those still dont work.
    and the crashing of the MM list has been solved also

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  10. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Same here.