REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Axly

Axly Registered

Also "some issues" and "being down" are very different things. We finished the last league race for this season this tuesday without a single problem.

I can't imagine the amounts of drugs I'd need to be as calm and reasonable as Tim is in this forum, and I must say I have the deepest respect for ISI and their work. rF2 may not be as blinged as some titles (thankfully), and not have the casual multiplayer capabilities as some... but seriously, why does everyone turn into spoiled children as soon as a new build is released, or not released...
    We have here an absolutely outstanding multiplayer racing simulator... under constant improvement. There are exceptions (SLI/crossfire), but it's no rocket science to get it running fine, even with multiview. with a good enough computer it looks absolutely fantastic! We have a lot of content, and more is coming.
    We have in our league raced two full seasons on rF2 now, the first (2012-13) was a bit buggy at times, but we knew it was a beta. This season has flowed without a single glitch, 18 races, several builds, 14 drivers, no problems...

I see so many dramaqueens loudly exclaim that they're fed up with someting or other and are leaving for something better, often shouting about refunds on their way, but I just can't see the reason... AC is no racing sim, it's a GT driving sim (no racecars, no multiplayer) and pCars is a blingfest arcade game. iRacing is the only proper competition, and that's lacking key components and really is a bit dated, as well as horribly expensive.

As far as "simulated racing" goes, I see absolutely no alternative, and even though i'd like to be able to use higher settings, it's quite ok as is... I am after all not on a tour through the scenery, I'm racing the other bastards!

Thanks for build 494. We had no problems in our league... nothing at all.

2. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Sincerelly, this build is great except the known problems. Tim, does this build has some changes in the tyre model? I feel a slightly better grip in low speed but not enough, specially when you spin and tyres loose too quickly that grip, specially when they slides over the grass. I know it´s a development process but it´s close to be great.

Hope 515 will fix online bugs.

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Wow, you did it ISI can not run they servers at all you the one and only who don't have problems with build 494, I am impressed

You server don't have this issue ? :

The URL to query is in this format:
    Code:

http://<Server IP>:<HTTP Port>/SessionInfo/

Here is one of ISI's servers for example. This is one of the test servers, so it should actually work unlike ISI's public servers running on the public build which crashes all the time:
    http://68.60.174.118:7777/SessionInfo/

This URL is case sensitive and must include the trailing /.

Explain please how did you resolve MP bugs Build 494 :confused:

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Regarding refund comparisons... Sony PSN was hacked. There was implizit compromising of user account data, maybe passwords. Their "apology" had much more to do with that than service unavailability.

5. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

THIS^^

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Simple. League races are scheduled unlike the ISI public servers. So shortly before the race you restart the server, everyone gets in and you do your race. It's the HTTP server in 494 that is unstable. Not the whole server. Once people are in everything is fine. So yeah the build has problems. But leagues can easily work around it for one race weekend. It isn't all gloom and doom.

7. Axly

Axly Registered

Exactly. Maybe we're just lucky, but to us in a league rF2 is an absolutely brilliant sim, with no real issues.
    I understand that it's not as bright for everyone, but the amount of whining and drama is mind boggling. A deep breath, a step back and a little broader perspective would be quite healthy I think.

8. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Hi,

The new build is great:) HDR looks stunning...Nice work.

Cheers,

Sean

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

There is many leagues who has 24/7 servers and many of them rents servers. When nobody can race online members don't donate and it is admins who has to pay rent of servers.
    I understand that it's not as bright for everyone as it is for me and in a way I can understand amount of whining and drama.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

So when the the server is intermittent for a week everyone jumps ship and the bills pile up. Man, I wouldn't want to be a part of that league. Hahaha.

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Sadly it's a normal thing in software - especially games - today that some patches might break part of the functionality... At least RF2 makes it easy to switch between versions or roll back an update. One of the reasons I dislike Steam is that you are always forced to run the latest version, if it screws up you are screwed...

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I am sure you agree this one too.

"Exactly. Maybe we're just lucky, but to us in a league rF2 is an absolutely brilliant sim, with no real issues."

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Not really... It has it's issues. But not deal breakers IMO. I am just not the doom and gloom type that starts demanding refunds (but never following through) or saying I am going to switch to AC (and never following through) or saying I am done with rF2 (and never following through) or saying I am leaving the forum (and never following through).

:)

Edit: Or a troll that posts silly comments about how bad the sim is over and over but clearly doesn't hate it enough to stop coming back to the forum to links to silly JPEGs. BTW, I am not referring to you, just people on the forum in general.

15. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Washing bill would be enormous if you kept following through.................

16. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

They is not any point in everybody arguing all the time, the build doesn't work, what's done is done, half the reason everybody is getting so upset is because they love the game so much in the first place, we all had enough negative vibes already this week, lets not keep attacking one another like this, 20 pages of this shizz now it's just making a bad situation worse. Almost everybody's got a fair point on both sides of argument anyway.

I hope ISI will make this 515 build stable and public before weekend, everybody can update their servers to same build and things can get back to normal. It's going to be bad for game if 2 weekends in a row get messed up, people will be able to plan better for it this weekend but it will be infinitely more preferable just to get this mess sorted out before the weekend, please ISI get that build sorted for the weekend!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

International SimRacing (IsR) has released Unstable Build 515 with online servers and download link so when the the server is intermittent for a week that everyone don't jumps off ship. :rolleyes:

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That sounds like a really smart move! I see they have 12 servers running 515.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

as long as someone posts in a respectful way, it doesn't really matter how wasteful the post appears. If it were truly wasteful, I wouldn't respond. Gui, from my own recollection, does tend to post more negatively than positively, but does it in what I consider to be the right way. He's not offensive. The most difficult aspect of replying is when explaining something comes across as patronizing, and emphasizing/repeating comes across as authoritative, from me. But most of the time I only feel I need to really explain something when someone doesn't accept an answer given. I can try a few times, then I usually have to give up.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Probably depends what look you want. As rooms aren't really populated, perhaps it's being set different reflective than reality.