REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Will everyone's rFactor 2 multiplayer subscription be extended by the respective amount of time we've been locked out for Standard License people?

2. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Good one GUI. Don't hold your breath though.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

This is something that happened, regardless of license type. Those who choose to pay via the standard method do so of their own accord. Partial refunds bear no relation. There's no refund 'benefit' for Standard users.

4. 88mphTim

Here's a post and here's another, both prior to B494. Nand: First person to be permanently banned from our forum. I'm more than done with your accusations, language and immaturity.

5. 88mphTim

6. RJames

RJames Registered

fantastic news, let's hope no issues in unstable for a quick stable!

7. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Thanks Tim for the time and effort you guys at ISI put in to sort these problems out,
    also i would like to say as a standard licence holder i think i've had more than my moneys worth
    out of Rfactor2...keep up the good work :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Any official ISI server running this build for testing?

9. RJames

RJames Registered

Tim on twitter just said 2 servers have gone online.

10. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Good news (Sorry for my english !)

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Regarding the issue with increased (too much) reflectiveness that the URD EGT mod suffers from with this build... the ISI Brabham guy also has glasses now he can't see trough.

On the plus side (and I know it was introduced earlier but I've not tried it before), I'm really impressed with the "Environment Reflections Off" trick. Doing the Cubemap only every 10 seconds is really not noticeable unless you have a lot of close and high trackside objects that you would see reflected in cockpit. In fact it even looks smoother to me than having a "laggy" cubemap on LOW settings. So the OFF now looks almost as good as the LOW but costs almost no FPS...

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Tested today... even if the .ini says 0 for Sun Occlusion, it's happening (strength of shadows varies with cloud cover). So it's a "always on" feature now.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

GCC

the .ini option not doing anything is my conclusion too, some nice effects are going on though I'm not sure we'd notice if there is sun occlusion or not

14. 88mphTim

Glass isn't 'hacked' now, it's using better methods for the effect. As you pointed out, our own content is doing it, the glass at mores, lrp, etc. Silverstone 1.14 uses the new correct setting.

Mods would need to change fresnel reflect values. Depends on the material, but we use min:0.02 and max:0.5

15. 88mphTim

You would with closer objects. The sun passing through a billboard or pit building would be noticable I guess.

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya Tim, so is the sun occlusion option ( in the .ini ) still active ?
    ( it's defaulted to 0 which is off )

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Is it looking good Tim? Or should i jump back to former build to be able to do a leage race this weekend?
    If you're not able to answer without creating expectations than don't.....i will be patient ;)

18. Luke Dykstra

Luke Dykstra Registered

I want to second this. Blows my mind reading some of these posts barking demands at the people who make (and continue to develop) the game we are all here talking about. Last time I checked, I had VERY little money invested in this software, and when there is an issue its not costing me a dime. It is by far the best sim on the market in the big picture. When a bug shows up, chances are it is a by product of a game UPDATE, to make EVEN BETTER. Also 9 times out of 10 when you report a bug in a professional manner (so they can take you seriously), they will make an effort to fix said bug.

So unless the people who are really whining somehow have thousands of dollars invested in this product, or are somehow losing a ton of money due to the issues, chill out I am quite certain they are going to resolve the problem.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Guess these things can just come out of the blue causing total frustration for the devs & us end users alike

To try & work out cost forecasts & turn around times in Software development must be a nightmare if it's ever attempted