REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Still looking for a way to adjust general brightness. The auto HDR seems to expose very equally, that includes equal exposure of the bright blue sky... and darkens the cockpit and tarmac....

2. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Thx for the heads up Tim,

email sent to

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  3. argo0

argo0 Registered

I get this weird distorted looking effect now with this build when using HDR(tried more than one profile). Also, car body reflections look weird and overdone from cockpit view. Has this already been reported? What causes it? Thanks for any help.

View attachment 11840

4. coops

coops Banned

So glad im moving and have packed away my sim rig, things should be a lot better when I return if a new build is out and stable. This build made me pack it up a lot quicker. I'm in no rush need the break, might see a lot more improvements this way can only wish.

5. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

Is there a hotfix for join button issue or will this fixed with regular build with no release time?

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

Sun occlusion seems to have been relegated to the .ini file

Is there any reason for this ?

7. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Just a suggestion as we stumbled over some problems with custom skins lately. When i try to manipulate the alphachannel in gimp on my skins and pack them and they appear to work in singleplayer, sometimes i still can't load em up to a server and for this reason the server gets bugged somehow and nobody can rejoin after leaving. The server admins could try to disable the skinupload and see if the rejoin problem happens again. If i joined the server with a previously used or default skin there was no problem with leaving and rejoining the server about 8 times in a row. If i used the faulty one everybody got the error on rejoining and we had to restart the server. And we tried to upload this faulty skin on diffrent systems and it still didn't worked for anybody.

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

In the 342 or 382 build it was replaced by "Soft Particles" but no one ever explained how those are supposed to work...

Did you actually test the INI settings if it makes a difference? Could be an inactive leftover?

9. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Yes, the new lighting engine works great.

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Oh, and while we're on bugs... road reflection low or high reflect "black pixels" during daytime on a dry track. For example on Brianza backstraight towards parapolica, I get these little black artifacts showing on the tarmac, from the light posts on the right hand. Same on Monaco backstraight, and Brianza grandstand in the fourth corner.

11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Soft particles is an option which prevents the horrible looking line of particles suddenly ending on layers such as the track -- you don't get that distinct line with the option set to on. It uses minimum GFX resources IIRC.

12. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

13. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Thank you for the update Tim. Get well Tim. I just got over the crap going around right now and took like 2 weeks. Tx again and your guys hard work is much appreciated. I am sure everyone here feels the same but have odd ways of expressing themselves.

14. datanode

datanode Registered

Although I couldn't upload skins due to some other error previously. Something very odd is happening now indeed. It doesn't even appear to upload a skin now :/ no grey red icon...

15. Pits

Pits Registered

Yes mate, do ask mum if you are allowed to come play at our place one day. I'm trying hard to get our club full time RF2 atm, you can manipulate some of the ppl some of the time but the RF1 force is strong with them.

The 'issue' is over so no one will be at this post again

can't see a PM system here sry

16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yes, thanks for the screens.

It used to happen, until B342, only on HIGH road reflection. Now it happens on low.

I actually don't see much point in RoadRef (no wet racing here...) but without it, the tarmac goes really dark. So it's either dark tarmac or these annoying dots...

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Gray button go away
    dont come again another day :p
    (all gray tonight :( )

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

+1

19. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Match Maker working perfectly for me...joining and rejoining without a single issue..Get Mod working even faster than it was in past builds...
    Raced 2 league races: 1 on Saturday (16 drivers-Deuna City) other today (14 drivers-Palm Beach), not a single issue.
    Not sure if it's my new videocard (GTX650), but got 10 to 15% better fps than with the ATI, and no stuterings at all...
    Just sad to know many ones are still having issues...shouldn't be like that...last build was my turn, and now a lotta people is having issues...
    :(

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all,

The soft partial shot is not exactly the same but shows what the option is exactly for,

Soft particals ( option in the graphics UI )

Off :

[​IMG]

Low :

[​IMG]

High

[​IMG]

Sun occlusion

-this is has been taken out of the UI and now hides in the .ini however I think it does nothing
    (someone correct me if I'm wrong), now I suspect the HDR takes care of things ?

On the auto HDR

[​IMG]

The dynamic lighting in Rfactor 2 is now superb

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014