REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Not really when I understood right:
    The physics are stable since.....>enter number here<.

Greets
    Pete

2. Silentsnoop

Silentsnoop Registered

i noticed that popping out in many games. is this n amd issue? than i sell this card

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I don't know now what other games you mean, each games has it's own problems, but yes, AMD has it's own issues too and problem is mostly there.

But related to the topic, the 'popping-out' I have mentioned was in the meaning of - that the white lines on the road are more pixelated and more noticeable than in the previous build, not by much though, but for keen eye it is noticeable. Affected are also other track objects, mostly the one in the distance.

AMD users as myself could cure those aliasing with use of 4xSuperSampling anti-aliasing method, which resulted in very nice, clean picture with clean lines on the road, but there is definitely some slight change with this build. Maybe it's because of new HDR which has more contrast in it so aliasing is more expressed.. don't know.

Will try to make some comparison shots.

4. Silentsnoop

Silentsnoop Registered

sure physics are nice, but is it now modern that everyone ac cars rf2 all selling unfinished stuff and the biggest mafia on steam called early acces games.. what is the problem? maybe today everyone get a bachelor and the companys are loosing to much money

5. Silentsnoop

Silentsnoop Registered

just had online race on old spa with old f3. after 20 minutes the t500 with full speed 1080° unstopable left to right wtf thats danger!!!! all people left the server

6. TVR_Guy

TVR_Guy Registered

I reloaded to 382 from my backup. Too many issues with 494. With single player I'm getting intermittent black screens and can't run SilverStone; I get a windows "Memory allocation error". 382 - all is good.

7. lamo

lamo Registered

Strange things happened today on ISI Servers and F3 Fanatics Server:

Two times after someone left server, I ( and everyone who did not leave) had the message : "username" left the race but vehicle ....."appearing over and over again
    About 1 message/sec. Driving impossible (slow motion effect). Everyone left server.
    Guess Silentsnoop was on same server, but I was in lobby. Maybe same reason for strange things happening.

8. elbo

elbo Registered

so is there a cure for the greyed out join button, i get it on every server...

9. TJones

TJones Registered

Known issue, they already working on it - http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18551-Driver-has-entered-the-race-Driver-left-the-racer-loop

10. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Registered

I think inactive JOIN button needs to be fixed like first thing... Nobody can play anywhere... It's terrible! Its should be HOT FIX, not in next build in 3 weeks...

Also some people cant see any servers in the list. But who can see the server - cant join.

Epic.

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

12. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

About this join lark, I have been badly affected by this, I think we all have. ISR have a server and I had problem with this server too, until just now, this is what they did at ISR to solve :

Installed a clean install of server + remade VMOD to have no spaces in it.

Note they remade the vmod, not just rename it. Not sure if it is necessary to do clean server install tbh, but they did and now the server is running good.

Still minor join button probs, for me it lights up now by the 2nd attempt generally, before it was impossible. Could be worth doing the same with your servers.

13. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Some others guys did precisely what ISR did that I mentioned and it did NOT work, so this is not the solution in fact. Sorry

14. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

@hardtohandle

After install the new vmod, my Join continuous off.

15. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Yes mate sorry, see 2nd post. Its all messed up.

16. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Registered

I uninstalled what was in the folder, downloaded build 494 lite, installed mod and track, created vmod, launch the server - the same issue, JOIN is inactive.

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

We auto updated server today, recreated vmod, no issues. able to join and no reports on others having issues joining.

I have to say, even though I just joined our server and not tested anything else, i'm impressed with the build so far. It looks seriously beautiful on my dated pc, increased fps and my God the current Nordschleife is just frigging awesome now. the shadows and lightning on this track....truly stunning!

And that's with an auto-updated sim, haven't done a fresh install in 3 builds now, more goodies to come I reckon when I finally do that fresh install but i'm a bit lazy :)

The way it was released though.....build notes posted in random threads by random people, updater showing new build but no announcements made, top of the boards still showing 382, no staff around to pick up on issues, a bit messy tbh.
    it looked like ISI was caught off guard and just went with it :)

18. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Yeah that thing seemed to work for me, but not for most others, just a chance occurrence it seems.

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Spoke too soon, ctd issues for some :-(

20. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

Finally, the race has been cancelled.