REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

???
    Man, if i thought what you think i thought i wouldnt be on a f&%%$ sunday morning behind a pc monitor trying to find a way of helping people joining servers.

I think ill do what others do. Keep on my corner and let guys like yourself keeping this fórum clean and saying that everything its a wonderland filled with hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Im off from this. Good luck.

2. PMC

PMC Registered

Had this idea http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14973-Restore-Previous-Version?highlight=

Yes Noel, I know you can chase up previous builds or have multiple installs , but the average person doesn't do this ( or know how ) and also defeats ISI's idea of only having 1 install .

EDIT: Not that I think this would have fixed the MM problem .

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  3. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

Can anybody find out which Tracks causing this MM problem ?

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I never suggested a previous build. Your quoting someone else.

5. PMC

PMC Registered

No , I did and you replied ,did you read the link .:)

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The one I know of was Hockenheim. But the MM properly escapes (not to be confused with filter) Unicode characters now. The problem is solved. People can name a track or server what ever they want now. We are talking about an old problem now.

7. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Anyone else seeing this? Update our server, launching of RF2 Dedicated via task scheduler is now broken. :( Need a fix for this STAT! [please]

task script:
    ..\rFactor2\Core\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" +path=.. +profile "RF2Practice" +oneclick

This has worked effectively since the very earliest RF2 builds, frustrated that this latest build has broken it. Not to be a downer, but not too long ago ISI asked the question to league admins wondering why they hadn't converted over to RF2. This might be a perfect example of why. If you [ISI] are serious about convincing league admins to jump in the deep end, then perhaps you might want to ask a few of us to actually participate in testing before releasing new builds.
    Sorry, just frustrated...

8. PMC

PMC Registered

9. Silentsnoop

Silentsnoop Registered

i wanted to start singleplayer and saw sin e build 494 (fresh install all) i can only use braham mix or megane. If i choose all cars and tracks, i can find all other installed cars like skip barber, clio, fisi etc.

Maybe thats why in multiplayer it says mod not installed join greyed out

10. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

Its solved ? why in cannot join to certian servers . Once it work but going back to other one it is still theit "Join button greyed out ?

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That is another problem which is a build problem I think. The problem that was fixed was the CTD when pulling up the MM.

12. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I spent quite some time trying to understand this "greyed join/getmod button".

I haven't been able to identify a pattern: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, seemingly random.
    Waiting as Tim suggested a few times doesn't seem to work either.

For now, the only workaround that *seems* to do it for me is to quit the lobby and restart it again from the launcher.
    Doesn't seem to be linked to any particular track.

I also tried setting up my own dedicated server, with single and multi track mods, mods built with 382 mas2 tool and built with 494. No difference. Tried to access my own server from my own network and from a remote network. It worked all the time ... :-|

I also tried to dump network traffic from the lobby application. What I see is that the MM server returns the correct information on active servers. BTW, I haven't seen any parsing CTD problems anymore. Then when you click on a particular server, the lobby app makes a request to that particular server for session information.

That is the point where things can go bananas.

When it works, the rf2 server (not the MM server) returns back the session info just fine, and lobby app displays all the information about it, including the getmod/join button (active).
    At times though, the data from rf2 server is never seen by the lobby client. Reason unknown though. My theory was that the rf2 server wasn't reachable, or maybe it was crashing or something. However, it's not clear this is a server problem. Might just be that the lobby client is doing something wrong, because (AFAICS so far) quitting lobby and restarting seems to be a good workaround.

Last thing I noticed is that when you select a server once, and no session data is received back, not only the getmod/join button is greyed out, but lobby app will continue issuing session info requests every 0.4s-0.5s or so, no matter what. I wonder whether this can have any impact on rf2 dedicated servers load. Not all of these failed requests die immediately without reaching the servers though. Some of them actually do get a response, and that is usually a HTTP 404 Not found error. Sometimes this error is, oddly enough, in German.

I'm sure ISI is on top of this, but I wanted to help as much as I can by doing "black box" testing :) to get this issue fixed sooner.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

anyone else noticed a change in Anti-Aliasing (AMD)? seems to be a lot more of it with this build, noticing it way too much and it's beginning to bug me.
    Yeah I know AMD and RF2 in this area is'nt exactly great but following that guide posted a couple weeks back (Spinelli was it?) I had 384 looking great, just does'nt look the same in 494...may have to do a comparison to check but in the meantime anyone else see the same?

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

The new ffb min setting in the .ini -is it this ? :

Steering torque minimum=

If so it's different to what I thought it was (although this is a useful setting too )
    Or is there a new minimum forces setting somewhere else ???

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Yup this is it.....i've been looking around for a while also before someone told me this is it.

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cheers

I see, this option just seems to put a peak in the center for those that suffer dead zones

Be good if ISI could add an even min force setting (that dosnt effect the higher forces)

Not moaning the rf2 ffb is top notch

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I don't think you need it Adrian, your wheel has no dead zone if i am correct. But using a G25/27 like i do when using the steering torque min i'm feeling a lot more of what the car is doing and i think yes it's most in the center of the wheel (do i still make sence :confused:)

edit: agree on the rF2 ffb being top notch....i love the sim

18. Silentsnoop

Silentsnoop Registered

´before i had often lost sky textures complete greyed.
    this is gone now, but the issues sucks :( i came from cras preaplha to rf2, and now same **** :(

19. Gupster

Gupster Registered

This build is a huge improvement in visuals. The auto HDR is great, colors are natural and shading is realistic. Cars now have shadows full time underneath.

Still no random weather so I keep hoping ISI will make this happen.

Tire model gets better with every build and is top notch now.

They have added a line in the controller ini that fixes the dead feel in the center of the steering rack

Steering torque minimum="0.08000" // Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction

Default is 0.00 but if you set it at .08 you will have some ffb even when running in a straight line, it feels very natural to me, try it!

It seems they have slowed down the rubber buildup in the real road so the track doesn't rubber in so quickly, more realistic.

Great build and Thanks ISI!

20. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Yes, I've noticed it too, it looks a bit less crispier than before.
    Have noticed that mostly on the white lines on the road, in the distance they are "popping-out" more than before.