REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Domi

Domi Registered

Lots of people can't achieve it with more than capable systems. What is really ridiculous is still ignore this issue that is affecting many people.

2. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

started with a full clean install (windows 8.1 and rfactor2) but still having CTD´s all the time so clearing the cbash folder wouldn´t help

ps just tried it anyway but like I thought... didnt help, thanks anyway

3. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

The weirdest thing is I'm running a GTX650 (crap 125€ GFX card) and with ALL MAXED and 1920x1080 I achieve 37fps min, and max of 59 in Silverstone last test I did in the new build. It's because of that I sometimes also doubt about some users PC specs. And the league I'm running, nobody has performance problems, there is guys with similar specs to me, and others playing 3 monitors with high spec cards with no problems too.

I do not play all MAX, of course, I'm not confortable under 60min fps, but I'm pretty happy playing at 720, with pretty high settings, and high antialiasing levels (It's with I'm confortable, playing at ~90fps).

4. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Yes, ok...how do we do that?...where are those files? What are they for???

BTW: do we need to be Computer experts to run a what-should-be an enjoyable racing simulator?
    Whom is ISI releasing the builds to? Game Developers, computer genius, or us simple mortals?
    Why do we have to tweak so many things in a game we already have paid for and is not doing what it is supposed to do: giving pleasure to its costumers?
    Why do we have to do fresh installs, deleting and re-installing plr/ini/ffb/mp/etc files and start all over again in every build?
    Is there a diabolic plan to drive us all nuts?...or a subliminar message on the way to tell us to "go play PS4, you're too old and dumb to play this simulator..."?

Sad thing is that the driving feeling is excelent in rF2, when it works...

5. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

No people wanting the graphical detail to be the same on medium or high setting is what is ridiculous.

People acting surprised when a new build doesn't have the features fixed that they deemed most important is a bit mad too.

People comparing the framerate of this program to a different piece of software all the time is just weird.

6. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Testet the new build. CONGRATULATIONS ISI!! Fantastic!
    The Lighting is awesome! Perfect. The FFB with my T500RS and 0.08 in the new .ini setting is the best I've ever felt. The handling of the car is very predictable. The best ever! Thanks for the best Simualtor.

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have a high spec PC!

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Ohh man, one thing is 100% sure, you are not running this game with you card with HDR on, high settings and high AA comfortable at 90 fps.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I don't get it... The minimum FFB torque does not appear in the ini files I'm looking at...

Is it: rFactor2 > UserData > player > "Controller"
    Or is it: rFactor2 > UserData > Controller > "Name of controller profile"?

EDIT:
    Is it called "minimum ffb torque" in the ini or "steering torque minimum"?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  10. albim75

albim75 Registered

I got an high spec PC but in the last 8 months I have no more issues with RFACTOR2. what's your system spec ?

11. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Funny thing just happened, a server got restarted and I'm waiting for it to show up in MM but it didn't, I'm thinking its just taking longer than usual, 10 mins passed and I saw from liveracers that the server IS up and a guy is in there.

But in game it would still not show up. Then I see on MM web page http://rfactor.net/rf2mm the server is UP, in game tho it is still not there! And that's the way it stayed. Seems to be some problem here, in game MM results were different from web page MM.

I quit game, and launcher RS and the servers are now visible, so OK now for me but some problem here.

It is most annoying that the MM sort order gets cleared every time I click refresh so that ISI Server can be at top. Should just do this once at game startup if you ask me, leave our sort orders alone pls.

Btw I have a super-crap 560GTX at 1900x1200, important things on max and everything else off/low and no FPS probs at any tracks, it just takes tweaking.

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

See, and this is where RF2 is just really unbelievable.

I have a HD6970, which by this chart http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/AMD+Radeon+HD+6970/compare is faster than your card.

If I run all max except road and vehicle reflections at 1920x1200 4xFSAA and FXAA, I get top 50FPS in Silverstone. Enabling the reflections fully would drop that to about 35 or 40.

Yet you say that with a nominally slower and cheaper Nvidia, you are running more detail at more FPS.

So why pick on Wajdi? I had the same with 342, -20% or more FPS, while others were reporting increases...

13. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

HDR on, rF2 AA lvl6, resolution 1280x720, texture/cardetails/trackdetails high, shadows high, soft particles low, and only environment reflections off (since ISI fixed reflexions there is no difference from cockpit against high env reflections). And 90fps It's not false, playing alone I get around max of 110fps (in better cases), and mins of 75fps. I adjust my graphic settings to be able to start online races I praticipate with at least 60fps in a full grid. It's not 1080, but It's a good performance if you see my graphic card.

All full and 1080 I get min 37fps and max 59fps in Silverstone.

PS: If you still not believe me, just say me and in 3 mins I will have a video showing you It's true ;)

And sure with some tweaking you can achieve close to MAX visuals with great performance. Some players of my league has similar to GTX560 cards and they are so happy with results. Maybe for TV cams you need to max all to achieve the best axperience, but to race from cockpit, at ground level, you can achieve near to MAX visuals playing with options... Is what I do with my even more crappy card.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is this line: Steering torque minimum="0.04000" // Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction
    and you find it here: Libaries\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player "Controller"

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks mate!

I don't understand this: if I change the line in that file you pointed me to, will that then affect my custom made controller profile, located in "Controller" folder?
    Or should I change the value in both files?

EDIT: just had a look, and there is no such line in my custom made profile. Guess that answers that.

16. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Should be because of AMD related rF2 issues... but even in AMD, there is at least one driver in my league playing with an AMD with no probs at 3 monitors. But there is something true, AMD for rF2 = not good experience. Even people run fine AMD in rF2 has some performance loss comparng to similar nVidia price range. Others just can't as you are reporting, i something I hate since rF1, because of that I neve bought AMD, because my main activity in my PC is rF2, and for other games... does not matter if I'm running nVidia or AMD.

17. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

OK the servers have gone from in game MM again, but they are still up and still showing on webpage MM. This is a problem.

18. Silentsnoop

Silentsnoop Registered

i was at the doctor, i said to her i play rfactor2 now and im 2 seconds slower than the first place at malaysia. than she said ok lets test ur eyes and she took her clothes off. tomorow i get the glasses (that looks very perv - i hate it!), but she said after 4 weeks i can get lenses.

so beware :D tomorow ur in my mirrror.. with HDR :D

19. Domi

Domi Registered

Well, with that resolution what do you expect? It's very low for current PC standards.

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

1280x720 is why you get more fps and that is not what is comfortable if you ask from me :)