REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I suspect the MM problems aren't build related but server related (MM server) or possibly a new server is online that has a name that is causing some sort of parsing error.

Hard to believe that the internal team tested this for a week and then the public tested 493 for a day and no one saw a CTD. Not to mention the CTDs didn't get reported until the past few hours. The join button not showing is another problem though. That I suspect that is a build issue.

Let's see what happens in a few hours when the devs are back in the office.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Considering setting shadows to high and decreasing reflections, car detail, track detail or texture detail instead.

In the end - it;s up to us to decide which features are most important to us and where do we want to spend processing power.

3. clockit

clockit Registered

My problems are solved by disabling crossfire, although I still get a random CTD when I hit the refresh button.

I say solved, 40fps is no good for online racing.

4. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

I see 496 on the isi servers hope its better and out soon ... the join button some leave it on there for a good 2 minutes and then the join is yellow but for others its not..

some feedback from our forum from a die hard rf fan

RF2 is a piece of Sh-t.....with new update keeps crashing to the main menu when trying to get online....what crap!!!! No wonder people are turning away from it...GSC 2013 is so much better.

vmods we have to edit the mod id manually for them to work and everyone be able to join

using the original 3 letters and a random 4 figure number

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

What?! what does that have to do with the under-car shadow?! why I doesn't have this issues with others sim?!
    And tell me why did I lose almost 50% and more of performance in this build?!
    Today I did a new and fresh installation after deleting every thing and it the same thing!
    Before this build
    Silverston+Civic
    Setting: High-medium setting
    FPS: Min-55, Max-77

After this Build
    The same setting

FPS: min- 33, Max- 43

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

i was obviously making a comparison, like I said if you can't run the details you want upgrade or as above turn other details lower so you can run high shadows....it's not really rocket science!
    Can't explain your other problems, that's for you to figure out not me.

7. Domi

Domi Registered

I also had a huge drop on framerate... and it's especially worse on track cams, getting ridiculously low fps (like 10-12fps when I used to have x3 or x4 more than that at Silverstone with same settings).

8. Boydet

Boydet Registered

Same here.... Anyone from ISI got any ideas??????

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

How come I can't find the minimum FFB torque parameter in my controller.ini?

10. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Tim please update the "Latest rFactor 2 Build" link at the top of this page. Tested the new build. No FPS performance increase on my 780ti with latest drivers and like others, I have also noticed some very minor stutters on Silverstone which wasn't present before.. New HDR works fine for me.

11. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Run the build first and then it should magically appear.

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

After first time use, it generates an ini in the plugins folder

Edit: nvm, techade said its now in documents/rfactor 2. I still use an older version.

13. TechAde

TechAde Registered

With v9 the ini is in UserData, not Plugins. Please see post #92 above.

14. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Look, at this point I'm giving up about rfactor2's graphic quality and I don't even care any more about graphic, but all what I ask is to have a decente graphic quality with a costant 60fps, but it seems that rf2 can't achieve it!

16. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Graphically rF2 is quite bad I agree,NFS The Run is actually better.

Same as others random ctd when hitting refresh,otherwise ok so far

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

If your having a few problems with rf2 then no worries! Give it a break for a while all is not lost,
    Rf1 has some really nice tracks & the historX mod is a blast :

http://youtu.be/sdrqqtwQ-as

When newer series of gpu's come to market &
    people start upgrading etc rf2 performance issues will not be a problem then (hopefully)
    Hopefully the oculus rift will be released by then too, happy days.

Thinking back to what the case was with rf1 it's similar to what's happening here with rf2

Be good when ISI can sort sound / weather / update existing tracks & UI in rf2

P.s with rf1 dynamics (lighting/track/sound) are lost (& some ffb enhancements ) but the big fps boost & stability it's worth it.

18. RJames

RJames Registered

Try clearing the cbash folder located in rfactor2/userdata/log/CBash - then restart. That worked for me.

19. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

No rF2 can achieve it, I can achieve it, lots of people can achieve it. You or your hardware cannot achieve it. Which is of course ISIs fault, your system is obviously the benchmark system that shadows need to look the same when set to medium or high. Sounds a little ridiculous to me I'm afraid.

20. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

The Civic flips almost on evey curb it climbs...many complained about that...
    ...try to compare with the Vette, for example, at Deuna City, where the speed on turns are not so high: hit a curb with the Vette and then try the same one even on lower speed with the Civic...it will overturn...