REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Yes, it's not a matter of opinion but a matter of fact. You can test it yourself too and i would urge that you do so that you can see first hand how signifant the ffb clipping is with a ridiculously high value of "3.0": http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18526-rF2-Build-494-Released?p=250626&viewfull=1#post250626

Just to give you an idea, when you race the megane at any track, to avoid hitting the ffb clipping point on (any) wheel during a normal race situation requires an ingame ffb multi of "0.75". That means for you, when you use "3.0", you are clipping ALL forces above 25% ingame (0.75/3 = 0.25 = 25%). That means you can even get ffb clipping on the straights just from mild steering inputs! The entirety of your corners are ffb clipped and you are just getting "bad" information through your wheel for each and every moment of every corner from the moment you start turning in till you've completely exited the corner with the steering wheel straight and car driving straight again.

It makes the wheel stronger because your getting 100% of your wheel's ffb output when you should be only getting 25%. When your driving down the straights and just gently turn the steering wheel as slow and as lightly as possible, you're probably getting an ffb force of 30-40% at your wheel alone. "3.0" is just ridiculously high. If you want that type of strength from your wheel as standard without sacrificing driving precision (though i don't know what your using atm), you need to get a bodnar wheel.

I understand why people increase this value to increase the strength of the wheel which is really apparent when you drive down straights but you are actually setting up your equipment unrealistically (as well as setting yourself up to fail in the long run) and not as the wheel was intended to be used! Yes, your getting the ffb to be closer in strength to the real world but it will never be able to get as close and you end up just getting 100% constant force at your wheel in the corners which is completely unrealistic and will make you a worse driver. If you want the range of forces to be as close to reality.....get a stronger wheel!....there's no way around it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Forget FFB

More important issues in rooms need fixing fast.

Please can you put up F3 so we can test , I know 10 rookies who wont join BT20 damage but would jump into a F3 room Head first

3. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

...maybe ISI forgot to fix the flipping Civic?:confused:

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

What was wrong with it?

5. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Just a heads up - by having too many windows open (and getting too excited) I began the launcher-driven update process without exiting rF2 (was running in the bckgrnd). This caused an install error (obviously), and now the launcher update does not work.

Downloading and reinstalling it now

Update: Manual download and install no probs - great work. Loving the ungratefulness!

6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I found a temporary workaround for the 3DVision tyre shader issue. I copied the 382 vs30_deformableTire.obj file from UserData\Log\Shaders 382 version directory into the equivalent 493 directory overwriting the 493 version (having run the 493 version at least once). These shaders are cached on startup and placed in this directory if they don't exist, otherwise the version in this directory is used instead (caching mechanism I assume). This allow the use of the previous shader version rather than the new shader (as I have effectively cached the 382 version instead). This works for me as the tyres now seem fixed.

Obviously, backup all affected files first and if you're not sure what you are doing, then don't do it. This is only for those who are desperate for working 3DVision in latest version (although I only tried it with my unstable version 493).

If you cock up the shader file, deleting it from this shader cache directory will result in it getting dumped and recached so recovering should be easy.

Obviously any enhancements that were made to this shader will be lost. I suppose I could try and fix the newer shader code to add depth via helix mod, but this is fine fir the moment I think.

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Thanks for that link. The plugin works but how do I access the INI everyone is talking about? I want to make it bigger and move it to another corner.

8. Tom Satherley

Tom Satherley Registered

hmm. i finally had a look at my ffb clipping.. and it was. Problem is, to get it not to clip in fast corners, i need to use a ffb multi of 0.5. This means i can barely feel the ffb in slower corners, defeating the purpose..

i have a g27

9. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Grab the .ini from one of the previous versions, put it in the plugins folder where you put the .dll, edit it and see if it works. I'm still using one of the previous versions that came with the .ini and the plugin works great, so even if it doesn't work with the latest you can always give a previous version a try.

Version 8 has it: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7546-rF2-Pedal-Overlay-Plugin?p=198184&viewfull=1#post198184

10. bwana

bwana Registered

Loving it... had a ctd when refreshing in MM .message on MM (got response .parsing) then ctd. select car on isi servers didnt work . didnt on another server to start with but did on second attempt.
    No tyre sound either at present will play with audio settings some more

11. datanode

datanode Registered

I haven't actually been able to change the size or location. They are options seemingly present in the INI file. Maybe I was using a different version?

Please post back if you are able to change it, I would be interested.

12. TechAde

TechAde Registered

13. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Thanks ISI! :)

14. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

updated threw the launcher ..... multiplayer says waiting for response.... then .. got resoponse, parsing then.. ctd

nice work isi my patience is running thin

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

How does one clean out the cbash and shaders folders? Can someone explain?
    Is this good to do after every autoupdate?

16. RichFreed

RichFreed Registered

Same here!

17. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

MP is not working, how should it be, join button is often greyed out for no reason

18. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Random CTD in multiplayer list here too. Did fresh 493 install, and updated to 494 with autoupdate.

19. RichFreed

RichFreed Registered

Work around;
    Can be fixed quickly by renaming (or deleting) your player.plr file and letting it recreate it.

Pain in the arse re-customising the plr file!

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

OK.. I got the plugin to move and resize. Version 8 had the INI in the plugins folder but Version 9 moves it to the Userdata folder as rF2PedalOverlayPlugin.ini.

[​IMG]

I run 1920x1200 and the INI looks like this now to get it down there.

[General]
    OffsetX=1800
    OffsetY=987
    BarWidth=25
    BarHeight=200
    DetailedLog=False

Most cars are alright so far with 1.0 gain in the ffb but some I have to put down to 0.6 and they still clip in hard turns. I have started heavily modifying the Controller.ini's FFB settings to try and get what I want out of rf2. So far I have the minimum FFB at 12% and it feels great. Not fake force just constant.