REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Noooooooooooooooo! don't do that, lol.

0.8 = 80% minimum ffb torque. You want 0.08 for 8%. Your wheel be appear possessed if you used 0.8.

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thnx H :cool: i just think i didn't read that well......*sigh* my bad :p

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

4. Ensonic

Ensonic Registered

Hi Adrian,

I am back to rf2. Any tips for the Bodnar Wheel? I cannot find settings that fits in all situations... Here to weak, and there to extreme....

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Whoops i realy should stop posting at these sleeping times but thanks for the warnings hehe....

BTW till now i love this build thank you ISI

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Stop posting....... Stop drinking........;) lol

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya henning (it is henning right?)

Hope your fine, you'll see my post containing rf2 settings ( .ini ) in the bodnar owners on the iracing forum
    I only usually stick to one car & have it feeling just right for that, but it feels decent on the other rf2 cars too I only adjust the strength in the rf2 UI between cars.

I wanted to spend a bit more time with it ( .ini file ) before deeming it final especially now this new option available
    (If it needs to be used .....not tested it yet), you should be getting great results in rf2 though (with that file)

How you getting on with it? ( the bodnar wheel )

P.s I seem to remember you posting somewhere you had quite high settings on your bodnar profiler (in windows)
    Try around 33% for overall forces

P.s Adrian judge -remember the scn6 actuator covers etc etc

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

That would be the ingame "car specific FFB multi" value which set to "1.0" by default. I've come to realise that this value is usually too high and causes ffb clipping. But furthermore, the ideal value (that avoids ffb clipping) is sometimes different for different cars.

For example, i found that for the megane and 60's f1, a value of 0.77 was optimal. However for Corvette, its higher.

You have to test for yourself with each different car and if you want to find the truly optimal value, use this tool:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7546-rF2-Pedal-Overlay-Plugin

You need to drop that file into your "Plugins" folder.

In game, once your on track wait about 10-15 seconds before the following box will appear in the top left corner of your screen:

[​IMG]

blue bar is the amount of clutch your using.
    red bar..........................brakes.............
    green bar.......................accelerator......
    yellow bar shows how much ffb (as a percentage) is being sent to your wheel.

You do not want this yellow bar to be clipping (i.e. reaching 100% which it then turns red to warn you) whilst in the corners on tracks in any cars. If this happens, you are getting ffb clipping and you are not getting only a constant 100% force at your wheel. It's ok if it clips when you drive over kerbs or rumble strips, however you are using a bodnar wheel so there is no reason not to use a low enough ingame ffb multiplier to avoid this ever happening to you.

Get the ingame ffb value below the clipping point and then add take about 25% more off so you have a nice cushion zone. Then if the forces at the wheel are still too strong, lower your bodnar wheel strength in the bodnar control panel on the desktop (if there is one?)

10. Ensonic

Ensonic Registered

Hm, the Throttle, Gas and Clutch effects... are they for the wheels FFB? They are at 10000 while the normal FFB has to be -10000, otherwise it is reversed.... May it be, that I also have to invert all these other FFB Values to work in the right direction?

Hi Adrian,

was chatting a lot with John, to fix problem with other users here in Germany... The Spring settings in rf2 made some of them and us big trouble :) I learned from him, that I should use 100% in the Bodnar Tool and limit these values in the Game's options... hm... That was the reason for going this high.... in Iracing I changed everything after some days.. I am there (at 100/ 100 in driver) at 6,4 FFB and 20% dampner.... Nice feeling but in the middle to weak, and bad heavy spikes ....

Feeling in rf2 is great, I never used it , because performance was sub zero on my 7970, but now Silverstone was a very nice experience today... I need only FFB sorted now, and I will try your settings from here tomorrow:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/17283-Bodnar-Wheel-Rfactor2-Setup

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

OK, I already saw in the change loge that there is no unde-car shadow fix in this build! I don't understand when ISI think to fix this shadows issues!

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Press the "detect controller" button ingame.

13. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Have you tried putting shadows on high? ;)

14. Ensonic

Ensonic Registered

Hm, wrote a long answer.... Edited it to answer to Adrian's new answer.... and now it is gone???? Why? Have to go to bed, will write everything again tomorrow...

15. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Under car shadows look great on my rig now ! nice job ISI wajdi chk what Mulero says and maybe clean out cbash and shaders folders !

Im a bit confused on the vmod name no spaces deal , I was able to download the vmods from the ISI server that clearly had spaces in them .. something else must be up ..like others posted ,the first try the check box stayed greyed out ,then next it was lit up and I was able to download the "GT Mix" vmod that had no spaces .. lol ;-P

nice FPS increases here to , HDR looks great ! I must say im not a fan of the ISI mods being at the top every time until you adjust .. I like having it set to "players" so I can see what servers have action on them , now its a 2 step presses .. no biggie but was real easy before ..

16. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

It is fixed mate. Already was in the unstable 493 build.

17. RafBR

RafBR Registered

How can I adjust brightness and/or gamma in game? Is it possible?
    I always have to set a high gamma on ati catalyst software and then change it back after playing...

my regards!

18. RafBR

RafBR Registered

I use to set 3.0 to every car. Are you sure this clips FFB? To me, if set to 3 or more just makes it stronger!
    I would be glad to hear someone from ISI about that, even because rFactor2 FFB is state of the art...

19. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

What happened to the local connection button in multiplayer, cant get into my own server now, either need that or a join by ip button please :)

20. coops

coops Banned

don't forget to delete cbash files and shaders files if you did the auto update.