REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Looks Good

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I see your logic, ( never center dead zone), there is a point that if the overall ffb is reduced then the lower fine forces become to low / subtle -there still there but you'd have to concentrate to feel them (-so the problem is the range from low to high)
    so the min force comes in handy for this but again only minor adjustments to the min force ( I think I've used 4 before in iracing but no higher )

In rf2 I have x4 ffb profiles , I've changed various bits in the .ini to get everything just as right as possible -rf2's ffb output is totally top notch,
    but will re-check everything again now that this new option is available, it will be easier to get good results with this option ( in the avoiding forces that are to strong yet maintain a correct strength of fine detail department ) that feels just right & natural ( as possible )

P.s the rf2 .ini adjustment figures may be much deferent to iracings but I've mentioned iracing to explain my thoughts, when I have a play with this setting in rf2 the adjustments may be very different so anyone experimenting with these settings it really is a matter of testing,

Best way

Make about 5 or 6 different ffb profiles (copied from your usual favourite one)
    Name them test 1 , test 2 etc

Make the adjustment to each,
    Remember to load each one (test ones) when you go back into rf2
    (You'll see them in the controller options page press load)

Bit of a pain but only way at the mo

P.s what you've wrote about it is correct, but just adding that the range of forces is an important factor too (level of importance maybe depending on the hardware)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Ah....gotcha. That makes perfect sense to me now! :p

And yeah, this is applicable to everyone else too i guess....even more so considering that if you think it can feel weak on a bodnar...imagine how that translates to others with 100-200x less torque wheels, lol.

Btw, i just tried iracing for the second time ever (first time was on your rig) and with all my sincerity and honesty i can muster......it's a joke compared to rf2 after today's test (i wasn't able to get a fair and decent feel for it in your rig though because it was so violent lol!). FFB was not even 1/10th the level of rf2's. The only thing that stood out to me were the sounds. I really liked the detailed sounds of the brakes for instance. They were squelling as i applied them and in proportion to how much force i added and then as i held them from a high speed to a complete stop it went through all the changes of sound they produce in real life and it sounded phenomenally realistic and impressive to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I don't even see ffb minimum torque :confused:

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Will there be a hot fix? Or we now stuck? ( 3d users )

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Welcome to the exciting world of .ini my friend

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

LOL!

It's actually called "Steering torque minimum" Eddy.

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I didn't have much time; it's 1:15 am here and I have to get up early tomorrow (damn) so I just tested it a bit.
    I did some settings though and found out that 0,08 was okay. Giving it more, makes the wheel shake.
    The damper has to be on at a minimum of 20 because the wheel rattles a lot. Tried out with the modern F2's and they seem to be worse with that, so, have to test more on other cars.
    I was able to get the FFB overall down from 1,50 to 1,20. Lowering that, made the wheel feel numb when steering.
    Still have to look for a good setting and I'll come back on that. Friday is my day off, so; whole day of testing, yes! :)

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ehm, in documents/rf2/player/controllers.ini and go down to the bottom half :)
    Good luck mate! ;)

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I would say use 115% overall effects strength in your profiler and use the 0.08 min ffb torque and try using 5-10 ffb smoothing ingame with 0.90 ffb multiplier. Lower ffb multiplier the better (0.8 or lower is best but you need to use the pedal plugin to check for ffb clipping per car with different ffb multiplier values) because if it's too high (such as your 1.20-1.50) it's going to harm your driving performance whether you realise it or not. You will be getting ffb clipping in the corners which means your getting a constant 100% ffb force instead of the dynamic changes in ffb forces that tell you how the car's balance and yaw are changing throughout the corner. This information is critical to driving as well as you can and as easily as you can (i.e. by feel and subconsciously).

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Can you please put up F3 .....so we can get 20-30 cars in not a empty server for weeks on end again.

Please

12. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Also might not appear until you've started your updated rf2 in single or multi and quit out. Controller.ini is the file you're looking for.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

The motion was only at that time set up for rf2's Historics ( but only roughly as I'd only just re-instated my PC )
    It's nicely setup for Iracing now with fantastic results , also Better settings in rf2 again fantastic results etc,
    The ffb in iracing isn't as good as rf2, bit since you've came the latest build (of Iracing) has improved things a tad
    (But rf2 is still superior ), you'll have to try it again when your passing (both rf2 & iracing ) as you'll have a very different motion experience which might change your views of motion systems etc.
    Tire sounds in iracing are pretty nice but all sounds are static,
    I've done a half decent job getting rf2 dynamic sounds to work ok and I really miss that in iracing.

On iracing Stick to just one car & use the set tracks for that car you'll get the best out of it then it's a decent sim.

Be great when rf2 is further down the road hopefully it will get to the point so it becomes the obvious choice for many.

Try the historX in rf1 too it's a truly excellent mod and rf1 has a bunch of really decent 3rd party tracks
    It's mainly what I've been using lately ( iracing ffb is good but I prefer rf1's & rf2's +I like the ISI physics )(Made a nice motion profile for it too)

Sorry to go off thread topic

14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for explaining that; something to play with friday. I'll test it out.
    Something went wrong; when I spoke of "overall FFB", I meant the multiplier in game. I think you meant the setting in the profiler? I never changed that one; default at 100 I believe and it's still there now. So; another thing to play around with.
    I suppose it's not the same as the multiplier if I read your post well.

Well, tomorrow evening another test session, really have to go to bed now :)
    Thanks, I'll get back on this, goodnight!

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

LOL Thanks guys...i looked at the right place but never saw it.....to late i guess :eek: Will try again tomorrow and report back what is imho the best setting for the g27
    @Navigator, hey mate realy setting ffb ingame to ~0.75 helped me a lot to feel much more (overall in logitech profiler set to 115) and if i understand all said here well it's going to get better with minimum torque set to 0.8 but as said i will check it out tomorrow

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There was some held code that couldn't come in until this code went out, I think the 3D user issue was deemed as being OK to leave as-is until the next update (whether you or I agree, is another matter, just letting you know), which would be a relatively short term release for the held code. Devs didn't want too much of a code change in a specific area.

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Yeah, thanks Adrian, i'd love to have another go some time. :)

I spent about 20-25 minutes on iracing this morning and in the mx5 at lime rock park and after the first few laps of spins (the ffb feels so different and lacking in any realism compared to rf2) i managed to stay on the track for the remaining laps. I ended up just uninstalling it afterwards because i really didn't enjoy the ffb feel. I did it to test the min ffb force setting in iracing originally but glad i managed to get a proper comparison on my home setup so i now have perspective of just how different the two sims are (night and day).

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I still have no under-car shadow!
    [​IMG]
    I c have shadow on medium! I can upload more screens!

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya Tim

Thanks for response, I'll put rf2 back on hold & wait until next update then.
    ( historX On rf1 has been my saviour lol )

Cheers

20. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ Eddy, it's 0,08, don't do 0,8. ;)
    Sorry, short, typing on phone and it sucks ;)
    Will play with the overall, thanks!!