Official servers

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Without some rubber on the servers, using them is pointless from the perspective of the driver.

All tracks are always green. There is no possibility of personal bests. There is no possibility of chasing lap records. In light of this, there is no one on the servers and never enough drivers to rubber tracks - besides - the sessions are too short!! As a result, the tracks are always green ;) See the problem?

It is a fatal flaw. Implementing real road into the structure of rF2, then leaving it off the servers, is pointless. In RL, drivers are not endlessly faced with a 100% unused, smooth rubberless track.

For $10 I will save a real road file for you and upload it. Set AI to 120%, 16 AI, 2laps. Even that is enough.

Seriously.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
  2. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Outright personal bests and lap records are meaningless as the track and environment conditions are always changing.
    You shouldn't be comparing one day to the next since there are many variables which effect the ultimate lap-time.

The only thing that matters with RealRoad, and in real-life, is being fastest on the day against your direct competitors at the time.

3. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I manage to set them regularly, and often chase best-of-best times. Certainly not ''meaningless" as I think most would agree. Removing the option wholesale via settings is resulting in empty servers.

4. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Funny I got told using any AI for rubberizing was wrong and by self confessed experts know it all.

I will tell you another TIP ( I have more ) I don't see there.

Use accelerated mode for 30 seconds then restart weekend and repeat 10 times.

Saved that then start your normal rubber process.

You get proper rubber in pits looks more authentic.

6. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

... and he did.

When i click the former known as GetMod button, now only MOD. It imediatally says "failed to download". Civic/Silverstone, just the actual time of the post.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What build do you have installed, Luis?

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

There's nothing wrong with AI doing the rubbering for ya. sure, their lines might be a bit 'off' at points but at least you get a base surface for all to use.
    And if its medium and sessions progress without too much restarting, the new rubber will be provided by the drivers.

I will do it for $8 btw Tim.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

So can we get a refresh of sorts with the servers? Like historic F1s replacing the F3s (being flat out almost 100% of the time with small top speed isn't fun at Spa or Monza), or a better rotation for F-ISI and maybe even FIA F2 coming into the mix?
    [OT]Also I notice I can't really get RR to be properly laid out as I keep trying to drive off the racing line in some bits (like straights for example). Lastly it'd be cool to see tire marks extend over kerbs.[/OT]

Edit: Light rubber and parc fermé shouldn't be there.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  10. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

+1

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'd like to see the removal of parc ferme and also have no practice session. Just a 30 or maybe even a 45 minute qualify session would be good. Drivers can always vote to go to race if they are ready. Thanks. :)

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Current rotation was only put in the day before you posted.

Don't understand what you're saying about RR. Drive where you want it to be. That's how it works. It will extend over kerbs, where it can, where it's driven.

A completely green track isn't really representative of any real situation. Of course light rubber should be there?

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

What I was saying is that it looked like the server was set to light rubber, not progressive. A few other users had reported that beforehand in-game. Perhaps it just was poor timing and nobody had turned laps.

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Realroad is always progressive over session. Light rubber profile simply means it will start with light rubber instead of green. If you want a quick rubbering you really need 10+ cars on track, a couple of cars will not do much.

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Unless admin made a mistake and set a pre-set for all sessions. that way it will only be progressive in 1 session and resets to pre-set when the session changes.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Everyone whinged about the race starts fiascos at Indy

No one will ask.

Don't expect me to my pleas for a sensible F3 room setup fell on deaf years.

17. RichFreed

RichFreed Registered

Does ISI even know about the skip formation lap on rolling starts issue........

Dear ISI,

When your Indy servers automatically skip the formation lap the AI takes control of everyone's car for a few seconds. The problem is the moment they grab control after the 'skip' to green flag all cars jag to the centre line doing their best to crash into one another.

Bug needs fixing!

In the interim just turn off the auto skip formation laps.

Cheers

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Hm I thought Tim already fixed this, yesterday it was skipped formation, few hours ago it was full formation and might I add, much better. (apart from driver errors of course)

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

There was a easy way around it

We had one start where we had 2 bad crashes with some rookies.

The next restart I chatted this.

" BEFORE GREEN FLAG HOLD THROTTLE 100% and HOLD WHEEL TIGHT IN HANDS STEER DEAD STRAIGHT"

But changing it is heaps better for sure.

THANKS ISI !

Another logical change would be to reverse the session times ?

That would give people 15 minutes to try setups in that time you can do at least 6 sprint runs or 3 or 4 longer ones :)

5 minutes is heaps to set maximum 6 laps which cuts down on cars concertina and getting draught in laps 3/4

------------------------------

Hope we can set up another F3 rookies room soon with settings deliberated by the people that actually run the room. :)

I do not think that is unreasonable and would make for happier campers . :)

-------------------------------

What is everyone Indy times :)

No Tow: 39.512 ( I have seen some drivers do 39.4s were no tow ) thats damm fast :)
    IE: most 39.4s you see are some draft .....well all mine are ! :)

Pass and tow 2 cars, no bump : 39.158 ( 1 set yesterday morning with 20 cars )

Bump tow or push : never even attempted it , it is not cricket especially in race.

-------------

Last thing I see a lot of pros weaving in tow or front car snapping out of tow.

If you did this in real life IRL you would be banned for life. ! lol

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
  20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah, 1-move to break the tow is good enough but guys weaving....
    well just ignore them I say, their weaving only slows them down. and they often crash due to it.

next week we will host this event as well, will be closed but public password for people on these forums in an attempt to get things a bit more under control :)