nVidia 3dvision2 Skippy Wheels: tire separated from rim

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by pemigris, Feb 25, 2014.

1. pemigris

pemigris Registered

Hi,

I tried the current unstable build and on skippy the wheels are pretty strange: tire and rim can be separated with the convergence setting of the nVidia 3d function settings.

My system:
    - projector benq set up as acer h5360 dlp 120Hz due to requirements of 3d vision
    - 3dvision 2 set
    - trackir-5
    - gtx 780
    - amd 8350 @ 4.4 Ghz
    - 8GB RAM
    - Windows 7 64 Bit

If I set the convergence so that it fits the view best, the rims and tyres on AI skippies are separated.
    I installed the current unstable build 483 simply over the old stable 382 one.

Regards

Michael

2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I can confirm this issue also with 3DTV Play. Tyres are always at screen depth (as well as being completely disconnected)

Its the same with all open wheelers.

Actually....its all tyres on all cars. Tyres are now at screen depth only and as a result look disconnected from hubs. It effects player car and AI cars and transparent trainer, ie all tyres. This build isn't really playable in 3DVision.

I also installed over the top of a duplicate 382 build.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
  3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Sad to hear that cause I played in 3D Vision also - hopefully that won`t carried over to the stable build.

4. pemigris

pemigris Registered

issue persists even with the stable 494 build. I also tested as clean parallel installation.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

They were made aware of it. Sorry.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, 494 is likely the same as 493 in every regard. Hopefully the stuff they held for this build will go well in internal testing and the next unstable -> stable comes fairly soon, and they can fix this as well.

7. pemigris

pemigris Registered

thank you Tim.

8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

So this 493 unstable is now becoming 494 for release and thats it? Its not playable for me so what is the point of unstable releases if problems aren't going to be fixed before stable release anyway or have I misinterpreted something?

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Seems as good a place as any to ask this... is the unstable phase working well for this sort of thing?

I know if there's some serious issues that haven't been found an unstable gives a chance to find that out without breaking the game while it's fixed, but assuming :rolleyes: this tyre depth thing is a quite simple bug/oversight you'd think it could be fixed as a 495, quickly checked basically to make sure the game still runs, and then we get 496 (so what we had in 493, with a very quick bugfix or two)

I'm guessing development doesn't stop when an unstable is released, and the issue might be having to fix the 493 code as well as putting the same fix into the ongoing dev version? Is there a way to better manage this sort of thing?

Depth-less tyres isn't a showstopper, but it's going to suck for 3d users until the next build comes along...

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's working how the devs want it to work, and what they're looking for, yes.

11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Err, its a showstopper for 3DVision users. I don't play any games in 2D.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I guess I was comparing it to a consistent rF2 crash bug, or something similar :)

You can still play the game... it'll just be really irritating in 3D.

13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Which makes playing it a pointless exercise. Will have to stick with 382 I guess. I thought the whole point of unstable releases was to get general feedback for a little while, not just a matter of hours. Still, what do I know, only been a software engineer for 30+ years.