NEED INFO Build 493 Unstable

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by 88mphTim, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

I've got massive stuttering issues with the build although the FPS are around 100. Never had it this way before. First it runs fluid and after half a lap it starts, sometimes right at the start also. Max frame rate fix doesn't help at all too.
    It goes like tak tak tak tak tak tak.....
    Not playable at all.

Couldn't really test anything else yet.

2. Hectari

Hectari Registered

That line is in controller.ini but hasn't been added to any of the wheel profiles, does it need to be in the wheel profile .ini if you load one? I thought any wheel profile would override all the controller.ini settings. I'll find out asap.

Line is 'Steering torque minimum="0.00000" // Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction' if anyone is looking for it.

Haven't tested yet, just setting up, had a look for the online test server but can't see it, is it still up?

3. Hectari

Hectari Registered

It still works from controller.ini after loading a wheel profile, guess it can't be removed if it doesn't exist in the wheel profile. Copying it over to my wheel profile anyway to keep all my wheel settings in the one place.
    Testing it online in the F2 with G25, it makes my wheel rattle a lot on straights using 100% overall strength in the profiler with 0.15 steering torque minimum. F2 isn't the best car for me to be testing it with, it'll need some fine tuning, seems like a great addition though and looking forward to trying it out in other cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  4. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

Trying to download from either location, ESET quarantines the download as a NewHeur_PE virus. Anybody else experience this or know why? Want to make sure something didn't get infected after time of posting or confirm it's a false positive. ESET rarely has false positives unless there's a specific tool so just want to make sure.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Infection of online hosted files - especially on 2 or more different hosts - just doesn't happen. False positives on the other hand are fairly common.

6. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

Anybody care to respond with factual HELPFUL information? Preferrably someone with ESET and their experience.

7. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Well, naptime (past 2AM here...)!

I wasn't able to drive yet because I was too tired to set up my new profile, but the increased shadow draw distance makes quite a difference already. I hated the floating cars in the background up to build 382. :)
    Framerate didn't change much for me I think (I learned pretty much all FPS values by heart on Silverstone using the TV cams. No change for me, maybe something around 3 FPS less at 90-100 average on maximum settings. Will test the new build a little more tomorrow.

Good night guys, and thanks for the update ISI!

8. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

Same thing over here, and my default browser page changed to delta-homes.com with an lightning new tab extention installed... Used the dropbox file to install and did no other installments so ISI check that file for trojans.

9. Tony

Tony Registered

Yea both download sources behaved very oddly - as when I scanned each of them with my ESET they seemed to instantly disappear from my download location - and ESET has quarantined both :p

QUOTE: C:\Users\Tony\Downloads\rFactor2_Unstable_493.exe » NSIS » rFactor20Dedicated.exe - probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus

Edit: so at the moment I can't risk it, so can't test this build either

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
  10. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

It is not a fals positieve I now have a infected browser and **** this is unacceptable!

11. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Nobody else seems to have been infected, only you. This would indicate the source of the infection is something other than the build 493 installer.

12. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Is there a build 493 SDK release or do we have to wait for a stable build to get that?

13. Tony

Tony Registered

I also might end up with an infected browser &/or pc if I ignored the virus warning from Eset and ran the .exe

14. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Only ESET is picking this up, if it really was a virus then surely we'd all get it? I've installed it without issue and haven't been infected therefore it's a false positive, surely?

15. C3PO

C3PO Registered

No virus here either. A classic false positive.

16. Tony

Tony Registered

Yes, I agree - it's very inconsistent that only Eset users are getting it, & you obviously are running it with no probs - I did attempt to submit the quarantined .exe to Eset but was unable to, probably as the size of it is too large..

Edit: of course there is one other possibility: you are infected but don't know it. I've been in touch with Eset UK so they will be able to tell me whether it is actually a false-positive. Which I imagine will be reassuring to us if it turns out to be so..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
  17. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

ESET user here. I will be checking this out later.

18. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Sure, that's possible, I meant that I'm not infected with the delta-homes.com browser hijack that Ruudjuh thinks came from the 493 installer - it clearly didn't otherwise we'd all be infected with the same thing. I'm 99.9999%* confident ESET is reporting a false positive but yes, it'll be nice to get rid of that 0.0001%* uncertainty.

* Like most statistics those numbers are picked out of thin air :)

19. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

To make your statistics a 100% please try the dropbox link and install build 493 and report back to
    ushttps://www.dropbox.com/s/h5zb8bfvutdwdtd/rFactor2_Unstable_493.exemaybe this is the link that downloads a infected installer. Just troubleshooting over here

20. TechAde

TechAde Registered