NEED INFO Build 493 Unstable

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by 88mphTim, Feb 25, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hi folks,

Please make individual threads for each issue.

Don't hesitate to let us know about things you think/know we already know about (let the devs decide what they can/can't fix/alter now/later).

You can post screens from this build, mention it, etc, but please don't confuse people or share it with them directly (see below how to share it).

You should NOT use this in any official capacity for your league, etc.

You should NOT share a link to it anywhere else. Send them to the Dev Corner and tell them to scroll down.

There are some major things that have taken a good chunk of time, and we're summing them up with a single line in the release notes as usual (or I'm sure not mentioning some things at all, which is just one of those things we do at ISI... Sorry). The biggest is probably the automated HDR, which accurately predicts what real lighting conditions should be, day and night. You can still use profiles, but they probably aren't required any more. Lighting should now be consistent in a way it never really was before. There is also some code and changes we have developed HELD from this release. We need what is in this build tested in a wider group before we do the internal work on the rest.

I'll have a multiplayer server up running this unstable build shortly. It should be at the top of the MM.

Known issues
    Notes
    Thanks,

Tim.

2. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Downloading (where???), will configure a server to test with the rest of admins in our league :eek:

Edit: ok, my fault, I know now where was the instable build...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  3. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

If we upgrade to this build and it causes too many problems, will we have to fully re-install 382 to regain functionality?

4. 88mphTim

As a part of testing unstable releases, anything can happen to your rF2 installation. See the last paragraph on this page you clicked agree on: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/devscorner/unstable-build-testing/

5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Just do two installs ... keep 382 and add a new one to a new location for 493 and label it thus.

6. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I get error when installing. In the tab that opens says "Error decompressing data. Corrupt Installer?

I'm downloading again from the Dropbox link.

7. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Just ran two short offline races: no dialog boxes, no warnings, no problems whatsoever

Initial Thoughts:
    • I still don't like how HDR looks so I will continue to not use it
    • I'm still getting the weird grain effect in the sky that was introduced in B300
    • The shadows seem to be better looking and more persistent in replays

8. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Installed from DropBox and no errors, now I'm just waiting to install all official content I had in my packages folder.

PS: clean install, I uninstalled and only saved my controlled configuration, car stups, and packages.

9. Mulero

Mulero Registered

No problem from the Dropbox link.

10. 88mphTim

I downloaded for the test server from the isi link, so I know the file is there. I guess it got broken for you.

I was able to update the server, new prediction is disabled by default as it should be. update went fine. able to install mods, uninstall mods, create vmod, host, able to getmod, able to join.

11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Try this: load a race comprising 14 GT-Rs, at Sebring, at 0430. Set time to x5 for a ten lap race. Enjoy the visuals. The best yet. Notice how the rays of sunlight cast light on the smallest objects, like inside of curb...it really does look gorgeous from what I've tried.

12. 88mphTim

Thanks. Be helpful to have your system in your profile, along with what settings you are using to put the feedback in context on how things look.

13. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I don't have that content on my computer. I only have Meganes and SB2000 with tracks from ISI and feel3. Everything else has been deleted because it didn't appeal to me. Also, I'm a photographer so I'm unusually picky about levels and tone curves.

Did that info get wiped at some point? I swear I had it in there.

Edit: I've updated my system profile

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  14. 88mphTim

Yeah it did. I like to screw with people like that. :) I changed how they were displayed.

15. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

WOW, don't know what you did, but I can now see shadows from infinite distances haha this changs absolutely all. And I also need to compare fps with older versions... but I MAXED all and I get minimuns of 40 at Silverstone, and maximuns of 59, and I'm running with a GTX650!!!!!! to race confortable I need more than 60fps stable, but I think now I can use a little higher graphics settings than before.

Need to test deeper, but seems like this works fine for now.

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

Do you want us to test karts? ;)

17. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

what a good idea ;)

18. 64r

64r Registered

Dropbox worked no problems and installed ok, no karts :(

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it's a Software Build, Content is seperate.

20. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

[​IMG]

If you have a g25/27 or older, try 10-15% (if it's in percent or 0.1-0.15 if it's in units) with 100% overall effects strength in the logitech profiler.

And 8-10% for a T500 with 60% overall effects strength in the t500 control panel.

Depending on your ingame ffb mutli, you may not like the results if you have ffb clipping issues. So you need to use around 0.7-0.75 for something like the megane (and it varies from car to car...you need to test yourself with the pedal plugin to check it's not clipping in corners!).

Downloading now...:)

Thank you for passing on the message Tim and for adding this in Devs!