[Essential feature] Scheduled server sessions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Esteve Rueda, Feb 25, 2014.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I do understand you and feel your pain. I've always wanted to revamp online racing in rF2 without joining a league and tried a few things but as it is now, the rF2 API does not support what you need without very serious hacks! Myself and a friend of mine went even further and tried to not only make scheduled rF2 session iRacing style but also choose the tracks/cars and everything is configured and started/automated.

Unfortunately we just could not do it in a clean way and any help I asked for to make it possible was all in vain...

It seems that they are happy with how things are and there is nothing you, me or anyone else can do about it :)

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

But he said it was easy and a couple of weeks work! Why can't you make it?! :)

3. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Are you kidding me? IT'S ALREADY DONE!!! in this thread you have a response about that, in my league we did even more complex system by an amateur programmer as a HOBBY, other leagues did It too. In diferent ways and with more options.

But we need It native, in the launcher, as core, visible, "check, click and race"... not in hidden webs, with unknown plugins for closed leagues.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This! Even if you have something made for mods some stuff will never reach everyone, this is why some of them have to be made by the developer

5. stonec

stonec Registered

ISI probably had something like this in mind with the "Dedicated Server Prototype", which allows to create event queues etc. This prototype dedi still exists in the launcher today, but development was stopped over a year ago. I think the mod packaging system is the main hindrance to be creating automated scheduled events, which is a shame.

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

You are absolutely correct!!! I tried that too but look, not even an answer or some feedback!

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/29021-Can-one-create-an-rFMod-file-dynamically-on-the-fly

Luckily I can do all this with Assetto Corsa and Raceroom Experience so it's not the end of the world :)