Is BoostEffects engine parameter working like in Rfactor?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by rigodon, Feb 24, 2014.

1. rigodon

rigodon Registered

Hi, I put this line in the .INI file of my engine:

BoostEffects=(100,0.02,0.006)

The boost has 10 steps, at 2% more fuel per step, the engine should use 20% more fuel at boost 10 compared to boost 1. Am I right? testing the car, the difference in fuel use between 1 and 10 is much less, around 5%.

Is the FuelConsumption parameter the consumption for boost 1?

Any clues?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If your engine boost is set to have 10 values, like this:

EngineBoostRange=(0, 1, 10)

then your available boost values are 0 - 9. So the first setting (1 in game, 0 mathematically) uses all your base settings for fuelconsumption etc, then each higher setting adds your BoostEffects step settings (your 100RPM, 2% fuel use, 0.6% wear). Highest boost, the 10th setting and 10 in game, is then your base values + (your step settings * 9).

So yes, that should be how it works. I'm currently reversing the boost effects and dropping 10% fuel use per setting (-0.10) and it seems to be working out about right.

If your EngineBoostRange settings are different, it may affect the relationship between your lowest and highest boost settings.

3. rigodon

rigodon Registered

This is my setting for EngineBoostRange:
    EngineBoostRange=(0, 1, 10)

So the engine should use 18% more fuel with boost 10 compared to boost 1. I'm receiving the extra 100 RPM per step, but not getting the extra fuel consumption, game is ignoring it... :confused:

4. brook

brook Registered

I confirm