Introducing - the F3 FANATICS WORLD CUP!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Feb 14, 2014.

1. RustyM

RustyM Registered

haven't had a join button in over 2 days now..... hope it works friday

the build is spectacular in single player.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  2. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I think I am gunna cry. It is very good in single player. I joined our server a cpl of times yesterday. Mostly greyed out, however.

I have no hopes left for the Cup. As the organiser, people can only imagine how gutted and pissed I am.

I never once considered the possibility that the coming update would preclude running the Cup. Not. Once.

There is EVERY chance the Cup will be cancelled. I will not call cancelled until the last possible moment, however.

Feels a bit weird being in the hands of the ISI 'gods', but that is how it is. Maybe they will release a hotfix. Something they can fix (have?) without an update.

Otherwise, this is the word for now:

..................'the next public release'.

3. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

If anybody that made a donation or donations to the F3 Fanatic's paypal account and would like a refund please don't ask here, rather, PM me and I'll have it refunded within 24 hours. I understand.

I am terribly sorry for this, but can not control any of it.

I am going to ask that if you are or plan on being a regular to our happy little gang and did donate, that you decide to leave your money where it is.

It ALL goes to the renting of the server and know also, that it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the read,

Bryan

4. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Server is currently working and joinable.

Thank you to the 5 ppl who have collectively donated a total of $80 so far.

$50 of that has come from just 2 donors.

This will pay for the rent of the server for a total of around 7 weeks.

A big thank you to those who donated.

Current F3 Fanatics Cup Quantum State:
    Not-yet-cancelled.

5. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Please remove 'cs' from your list. I can't join at the designated time.

6. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Can do. Sorry about that!

7. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

As it stands - at this minute with this setup - all seems well.

BB has worked some magic and I can join and leave at will........

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No you can't use underscores.

AS already pointed out by someone in another thread sometimes the server displays the Game Name with no underscore as you see here not 10 minutes ago.

If they are missing, you will not get in. When BBs room was first up you could see the line of underscores now you don't.

No underscore and no spaces has worked for me all along, I just was not aware of no spaces in game name as well.

View attachment 11850

9. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Keep my money, This issue is short term (I hope)and we all will be crashing on turn one again shortly

10. Bryan Birtwell

Thanks DD!

I just got back from getting injections in my eyeballs... sounds like fun eh?

Anyway... I checked on the server via remote desktop and noticed that nobody had been in today.

DD is correct, when my server shows the underscores in the name of the room, not the vMOD name everything is fine.

While the underscores were showing last night, everyone in the room tried coming and going... Nobody had any issues at all.

Well the underscores weren't there this afternoon and I couldn't get in... Tried 6 times. BTW, where do they go?

Restarted the server (dedicated.exe) and instantly had a join button. And the underscores showed up as well : )

Hope this helps the code writers at ISI.

Bryan

11. Bryan Birtwell

Hopefully we will be crashing in turn one this weekend!

I believe all I'll have to do is re-start the server right before the event. This worked extremely well last night. People came into the race that had been trying for over 24 hours (their report, not mine).

Thank you for supporting one of the most popular servers in rF2! Your donation and others have guaranteed that it's up for another 2 months!

Bryan

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Same thing today BB we had 3 in I just went and checked server and spaces are gone.

I know it drops you down the default list but I would just use F3-Fanatics as that format does not seem to crash at all.

13. IntertubesDriver

IntertubesDriver Registered

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

There really isn't a full proof work around for 494. You will just have to wait until 516. There are a few problems with 494. First it doesn't support spaces in the vmod filename. The server name and mod name can contain spaces. It's only the actual file name that can't have spaces. The other problem is the HTTP server that is built into the dedi server is unstable. You can't join the server once it crashes. The problem is when it crashes you will not even know because the dedi will still be running and drivers that are already on the server can keep driving. What I have been doing is monitor the server's SessionInfo URL with a powershell script. When it stops responding it sends an email to my phone so I know when it's time to restart the server.

Unstable 515 is released to the public and hopefully it goes stable by the weekend. So far 515 seems rock solid.

15. Bryan Birtwell

I don't really know how to put this...

Gingerbread Man... Nand Gates... anyways... He has backed out of running this event. If you need to know why, you'll have to PM Nand Gates.

I am not prepared or qualified to try to run this series of events.

If someone else or league would like to run the event, I'd be more than happy to turn the reigns over to you/them.

After all I can't take down the post or this thread... It's out there. But I can't run it.

Anyone wanting a refund is more than welcomed to it. This has been quite the little ride for all involved.

I am truly sorry for all of this mess and also find it a little embarrassing, if I had any idea of what this was going to turn into... I just would have let F3 Fanatics fade away.

Hopefully someone wants to take over... If not; all I can say, once again is, I'm sorry.

Bryan

16. Bryan Birtwell

Thanks for posting Noel,

That is fantastic news and I'm looking forward to updating the server. Meanwhile this server is running very well. Whether or not it's because of the spaces taken out of the name... we'll probably never know.

Too bad GM didn't know about this before he got himself banned.

Once again thanks for the update,

Bryan

17. RustyM

RustyM Registered

I was able to connect last night! Too bad no cup now. Was looking forward to this big time. Maybe next attempt we graduate to F2 :) and have normal tire wear and normal fuel usage with a required pit stop. IMO more fun. Regardless hope BB keeps the server up for nightly fun?
    Dave/Rusty

18. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Bummer

I'm very sad/mad to hear this news, I wish I knew what went into running an event. BB, Thank you for all you have done to keep the F3 group going.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Ahhhh

I tried your new game name 20 times it worked not a issue.

Then this morning it is dead just like it has the spaces.

Must be another issue.

edit: Now it works 10 times again.

may have just been a bug that time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  20. Bryan Birtwell

It's still intermittent. But much less so than before when it had the spaces.