Silverstone 1.14 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 9, 2014.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

Happened to me yesterday with URD, the Apex Merc and the GTR. One car was even stopped in the middle of the transit lane.

2. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Great track!

I have on this Track an extremely high tire wear. This is the only Track i have this extremely Tire Wear. Do you have that too?
    And if so, what do you adjust the setup so that the tire wear is less? Thanks in advance!

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Makes tons of sense because the wing itself eats half my frames for breakfast...

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Lol Luc :) don"t wake up the sleeping dogs !
    I'm very satisfied with the released tracks. Since the performance improvements for LochD and Silverstone this tracks are one of the best out there in the sim market.
    Also very promising for future content :)

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Bad answer, Luc. My cynical side suspected that the pit area was left undone the first time around not because of lack of time to finish it, but due to performance issues. We are all interested in just what hardware is required to run a "full" high spec track in rF2.

Of course if the jaggies issues ever get fixed so we can run multi-sampling instead of super sampling, the performance issues will be gone for most people with relatively current hardware.

6. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

What's is done and what's undone in a race track, where each series is going to put together a huge amount of specific one way structures, different elements, different tools, different garage hardwares (etc etc) used just for that series, just for that specific day of the year? I also think we could put the entire IRL stuff into a track, spending 15 years to model every single bolt on its own place and releasing a zillion triangles track, playable at 0.1 FPS on a titan black on low settings...so, where is the "full" limit? There is not any. There are just choices in the "reasonable" range. Every product in the market it's using a different way to manage that range for both structures quantity and quality (aka details available) keeping the performance on a safe limit for average to high end cards in a scalable way and in relationship with the product itself, but as we're not realizing a specific track configuration for a specific series for a specific year, first stuff on the list to cut are secondary structures & objects used just for a single series (with a specific grid of cars, colors, etc...), and thanks to this we can also move all those triangles on other details, which are available for all series as they're in there all the time. About the "high spec track" concept, I can say we're putting a very high amount of details already and our approach for Silverstone was to release a sort of "naked" version of the track without any specific series structure & objects and this helps to keep the track "fresh" for a long period of time and for a wide variety of series. Furthermore we don't have a F1 license (for a specific year) to put all sponsor signs, brands, team trucks with original liveries, original F1 stands along the pitlane etc... so I think everything is fine as it.

Cheers.

7. C3PO

C3PO Registered

We don't need more detail in the pitlane. It looks great as it is anyway.

8. Comante

Comante Registered

Also, it the part of the track where you spend less of the time, I don't look into other pits when I pass by.. there is a track ahead, there I want to be.

9. pas74

pas74 Registered

I don't know if is the right tread..a curious question ....are you going to implement visual effect like depth of field for the camera view in the future?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9500 utilizzando Tapatalk

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

It was long time ago. Couple of months ago actually. Tim said that there is possibility of DOF effect for rF2 (Correct me Tim if I'm wrong :) ) but it's not high priority. So I guess maybe sometime in the future. If you want details I will leave that to the devs to give them to you. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
  11. pas74

pas74 Registered

Just curious ...cause the title is quite mature to looks like it deserves... (first bug fixing like the shadows under the cars )

Inviato dal mio GT-I9500 utilizzando Tapatalk

12. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I may have missed it somewhere in the thread, but are there any HDR profiles for this track? The only one I have currently for 1.14 is 'realistic clear', and while good, it causes a very bright 'bloom' effect on some mods that looks odd. I'm pretty sure 1.01 had a few different profiles, some from ISI and some from Tosch I believe--are these available for 1.14? Or, will there be new profiles coming with the updated HDR in the next build?

13. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Next build should take care of that entire profile mess ...

14. Radar

Radar Registered

Thank gosh for that.

15. Dave362

Dave362 Registered

great tracks, thanks so much!

16. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I've also faced this issue with ISI MR01. Cars stop next to the boxes on 21-22 lap or 40-50 min after start.

In addition I noticed that if I fill the tank with maximum possible fuel level (220L) the car is expected to run 41 lap while the standard F1 distance in Silverstone was 52 laps in 2012. Other tracks (though I haven't tried all available) do not have this issue, at least with MR01. I posted two issues in the same post as those could correlate.

Everything else is just great.

17. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

any news on the problem with AI's stopping in pits after 20-40 mins? i still have it in practise with URD ETG5 and saw the same with the Civic some time ago...

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I just ran an Hour at the International Layout with 19 Meganes, 5 GTRs & 5 370z. All pitted accordingly. I have seen people express it's both layouts of the track but I'm yet to see this on the International layout with the default 29 AI in 5+ races I've had with Pit Stops. (Normal Fule & Tire usage)

When I upped the RFM entry to 34 AI then I did see some drop out of the race due to FUEL, which is probably to be expected if there is'nt more than 29 pit stalls.

19. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

i am driving with 23 AI cars, so in total 24 cars. but in practise after half an hour they stop in pitlane and don't drive any more... like you see here in the forum on some screenshots. like the first post on this side.
    just hoping the devs don't forget this issue... the AI's also crash very often in front of pit exit, when some are going out and another one is coming right out of the garage...

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Which layout?