Silverstone 1.14 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Pepstain

Pepstain Registered

Thanks for answer,
    It is true, the improvement is visible at the start, I'm glad that the results obtained are not due to a problem with my configuration.
    Although a greater improvement would be most welcome

Bye

2. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

I saw something similar on my PC.

As Luc mentioned - it seems if your computer wasn't struggling with 1.01 there won't be much of a performance improvement in 1.14. I still gained about 5fps, and maybe a bit more when driving down the pitlane, but on the whole fps are quite similar.

I'm not sure if the majority of the 1.14 improvements/optimisations would benefit GPU or CPU (?), but maybe if your computer is limited by one of these two factors and the track was optimised more for the other then you won't see much change.

Getting back to the track update itself - it is truly excellent. Trying to drag the MR01 around Silverstone was hard enough to begin with, but with these added bumps at high speed (literally throwing you off line) it's just ridiculous and I love it!

I'm really hoping we get some more F1 tracks in the future as that's my main interest, but when the car, track and physics are of such a high standard it's easy to stick to the same combination for ages - it really doesn't get old.

Thanks for all the effort you put into making this update! :cool:

3. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Thanks for all the help guys. I knew more rendering means less frames, I was just checking to be sure it wasn't just me. Tried the plr file changes and they didn't help. Anyway, thanks again for the info fellas

Any idea when that might get reworked Tim? BTW, track is awesome. Love the new surface.

4. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

Awesome track indeed, fantastic job!

5. JGraf

JGraf Registered

long live the dinosaur. ( :

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Not sure if this is a bug or on purpose but when on International layout the yellow flag comes out when someone drives down the pit lane entrance.

7. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Bug; thanks, added to internal todo list when we revisit the track.

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Awesome. Thank you.

9. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

triple screens = 60 FPS what more ...
    A must for this track
    Thank you to the team

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Same here and with high-full setting too!

11. sFactor

sFactor Registered

For the guys seeing significant improvements how much system/video ram do you have?

Running on an x64 box with 4 GB of RAM (i know...) and a 7870 2GB GPU (Triples/14.1 Catalyst beta) I saw massive frame increases in single player warmup with the FPS hanging in the 90's sometimes in the 100's, never less than high 60's (Basically Medium-High settings, no reflections, Med Shadows). This is a first for me at these settings.

However, entering the race with 12 AI (Civics), me positioned last in the grid, things were pretty much back to normal, barely drivable frame rates dipping into the 20's often. Then rF2 crashed on me for the first time in a long time throwing an error about memory resources being too low after a few race restarts. hard reboot.

The edit to the .plr file didn't seem to make a difference for me.

I am going to try the Civics again after a fresh reboot and see if the Memory Error is reproducible.

12. Thrindil

Thrindil Registered

I came from 4 gigs of ram aswell, and I saw pretty noticeable fps improvement when I upgraded to 8.
    It's not a solution to your problem, but you'll be glad you upgraded.

13. sFactor

sFactor Registered

Yup, cant even load long now with civics. I can run the short course. Need to rob some memory sticks from another machine and up it to 8 and try again.

First time I have ever run into memory issues though. But 4 GB is pretty thin. This particular machine is just a test bed for trying out new stuff.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Dont just "rob" any sticks sFactor, try to get a matched set of RAM if you can. If you can't get a complete new matched set in 1 package then at least buy the exact same model, SKU, etc for the new stick/sticks as your current stick/sticks.

15. sFactor

sFactor Registered

Good Point Spinelli,

Yea, I have to grab all four sticks from another machine, that's how this one ended up with only 4, 4x1GB sticks I had somehow accumulated, I will need to swap out all of em at the same time anyway, so I will have a matched set. I have one machine with 24 GB that I can borrow some higher density chips from temporarily. Unless Newegg decides to email blast me a sweet deal on some ripjaws or the like. :)

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Damn 24GB, do I smell a RAM drive? ;)

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The updates that were performed are great, but where are the pit carts and why as of Feb 14 is this still not listed in the "Latest Official Content" links above (the Honda is still at the top of the list)? Still a fair amount of work left to do the third layout and a completely finished environment.

18. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

We didn't overload the pit area on purpose to minimize the risk of you complaining about reduced performance in that crucial area. That would have been really bad of us, wouldn't it?
    Besides, why are there still no (fake) sponsor signs all over the track? I would have expected a few comments about those, but no one complained about them. How very sloppy of the usual complainers :) .

19. sFactor

sFactor Registered

I never got around to the ram swap, but it appears I no longer "have" to.

Oddly, I kept having the same problem with the Civic, long would CTD every time, short... no problems.

Decided to try the Vette, No problems, Tired the Camaro's, no problem. Went back to Civics and... no problems! ? WTF

I don't know what got hung up where, but all is back to normal on the 4 GB machine..... uugh

C'mon Newegg RAM blowout!

20. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

I've got same trouble during qualifying session (with 33 laps limit) with URD, T5 and Both Nissan Community skin packs.
    Up to now, ISI mods I've tried work normally.
    After 15 mms or 2-6 laps, cars stay in the pitlane but not in boxes. See below :
    View attachment 11677
    View attachment 11678