Silverstone 1.14 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 9, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You shouldn't have a problem uninstalling and deleting those rfmods in the minute or so it would take you then... Just click mods. It's pretty easy.

2. 88mphTim

In the dedi server, I have light and medium present for intl, none for gp/gt.

3. 88mphTim

In your race settings, how many laps did you limit them to?

4. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

That's fine, Luc. I really didn't know if I could expect old presets to work still. I'll just have to drive more to make a new one! ;)
    However, as I said, the new Medium preset is working for me...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  5. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

My intention was to get a better solution in future, the complicated solution (3 minutes for navigation and 100 clicks to uninstall one track) for this mod manager I had already, and amusement sells

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  6. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

At the moment i don't know exactly, i will check tomorrow. is there a limit available in practise?

7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Thanks for the update ISI. Really enjoying the more bumpy track surface. Circuit looks great - as good as anything out there right now.

Also, nice to have a shorter variant with the International layout.

8. 88mphTim

I THINK so, yeah. :) You certainly can in qualifying, and I've ran into it a few times where I had a long session and the AI only ran a lap or two before I figured it out.

9. kevib1

kevib1 Registered

Great update, although my arms are not enjoying the bumpier surface!
    I note there are no start lights on the GT circuit. At least not for me on medium track settings.

10. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thank you ISI track team - very much appreciated! This is an excellent update!

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

It only took me a minute or two because I only had a few mods, but I have to agree with Hagen. It is not funny. It is not difficult, but definitely time consuming. When trying to uninstall, it says "Silverstone 1.01 in use by XX mods". But the name of the mods does not always reveal which tracks that are included so then you'll need to write them down or have a super memory. For example: mod name "USR-howston_round 4" was the name of the mod for my league race at Silverstone. So if there are 18 different mods where the track name is not in the mod name, it's time consuming. What I think Hagen means is that there should be an easier way to do this. Why doesn't mod manager say "Silverstone 1.01 in use by 18 mods. Uninstall anyway?" and then it uninstall the mods too?

But why do we keep old mods at all? Well, we have to, if we want to watch replays.
    I try to clean up useless mods regularly (weekly mods for ISI official servers etc...). But I want to be able to watch replays of old league races and other memorable races, so atm I have 18 different mods saved. Not necessarily installed atm, but I have to save them for future use. If I want to watch a replay, I need to install the vmod. Bit of a hassle, isn't it? I hope we will be able to watch replays without the vmods in the future. Otherwise I'll have hundreds of them lying around.

12. stonec

stonec Registered

Yes, it would help a lot if you could watch replays without having the vmod installed, as they are just temp mods that most of us wants to delete (due to reasons above) at some point. For example in a league with a 15 races season, with each track is distributed through a separate vmod, you end up having to keep 15 vmods installed to watch replays at the end of season. It should be made so that having the content installed would be enough to watch a replay. I would assume it is not technically impossible to do such a change.

13. 88mphTim

Awesome post. Easy for me to forget with the amount I read some of the real viable issues with the system when I'm just browsing the forum. That's certainly one, thanks.

If it helps, here is how I delete mods, no memory required:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/12558-Silverstone-Development?p=246406&viewfull=1#post246406

14. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Thanks for the update to Luc and everyone else involved... It has pretty much made Silverstone useable for me (FPS gain)... It's like gaining a new track for proper use :D

Good job!

On the install/uninstall note... I had only one mod combined with the old 1.01, as it was pretty much useless due to too low framerate, just clicked uninstall on 1.01 and it told me that xx-mod was tied to it... uninstalled xx-mod and uninstalled+deleted 1.01 and installed the 1.14... Took one minutte, but it was also only one mod :)

15. Rik

Rik Registered

Thanks! :D

16. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

I mean, it would be nice, if the mod manager would manage this, because the user wants to play and not manage such routines to find manually 18 vmods in a large list to delete them, because he has to remove one track for an update :)

there is a routine need, to find related mods automaticly, this is a good task for a good manager

the track update is great, thx :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  17. Magus

Magus Registered

Spent all Sunday on the GT layout with F2 cars. A really immersive experience being able to run a full grid with a steady 60fps. Absolutely loved the track details both visually and the feedback from the wheel. Great break through ISI. Now hoping the rest of the ISI content gets the same makeover ;)

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

@Luc

Are you able to write up some documentation on how you did the terrain texturing and all? I'm wondering how this is done in rF2 with the nice contrast maps and such :)

19. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'd love to see Estoril and Sepang get the same treatment.

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Me too, especially Sepang!

That's just how it works, guys, sorry... MOAR :p