Becoming a Satisfied Customer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoser70, Feb 7, 2014.

1. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I've posted a lot of negative comments regarding the rF2 performance and I still feel there's a LOT of room for improvement in that regard, however, I have to say, this latest build gives me hope. While, I still have to run with no HDR and no multi-monitor (running 3 screens), I have found a happy compromise and the racing has been excellent lately.

So Hats off to the ISI team!

I hope ISI will continue to work on optimization, but in the meantime, thank you ISI! I'm once again having a great time racing on your sim.

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I like it even though I crashed out of a race @race2play half hour ago. :mad:

3. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Even with outdated hardware I still like it ... very satisfied.

4. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Fine Line is about ready to kick off a new Saturday Series there Jamie... ;-)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for posting, Lance. Would you mind passing onto me what you learned, to perhaps help others?

6. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I just updated to the latest build Tim. I've used ATI and now Nvidia graphics cards, so not sure if it's the Nvidia card making the difference or not, but with the latest builds, I'm finding the racing much better.

Lag and weird crash lag seems much improved.

7. Jamie Shorting

I'll be checking it out.

8. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Nothing to see at the web site at this point Jamie... Once we get it set, I'll post here, then update the web site.

9. Jamie Shorting

Sounds good.

10. lamo

lamo Registered

Hi all,

It is the Nvidia card. RF2 requiers some up to date hardware to show its potencial. At the beginning I had a system, that was about 7 years old (Q6600, HD 6870, P45 Neo)
    and began to slowly upgrade.
    Buying a new GPU (Asus gtx 660 ti) made a big difference, and last week I got all the other goodies (I5 4670K @ 4.2 GHz, Asrock Z78 Killer, 8GB Ram 1600).
    Now its like playing a different Sim. All maxed out, AA 8x, V-Sync on I have constant 60 Fps, even on in Silverstone. All nice and shining.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I'm seeing more and more leagues moving to rF2. We are finally seeing modders attempting cars. Seeing some plugin development. rF2 in my eyes is starting to gain some traction despite what the "AC hype brigade" (saw someone else use that title and liked it) tries to make people think.

12. filas

filas Registered

I can only see still same forum posters, and they are satisfied customers everyday (for last two years). Negativ vision on this project isnt welcome. When I buy this game to years before, no one said that I will need PC from 2014, and no one said that I will have to wait 2+ years (as its not working) for working game.. I dont even mind that it needs NASA pc to play Dx9 graphic lol. And yes, delete my post censors, as true sometimes hurt..

13. Bkim

Bkim Registered

I am a very satisfied customer! At this very moment rF2 is the only sim i race. Deinstalled rF1, R3E. Sometimes i drive a AC lap only to close it down fast and head back to the megane in rF2.
    Just had a very nice 30 laps race at Mills Metro Outerloop A againt AI at 100%. So far the best AI i have encountered. I have not entered MP yet and as i read i think i should stay away from it. No problem for me.
    The last 6 rF1 races at R2P i was bumped of track by idiots. I'd rather be bumped of track by AI than by those idiots who want to jump from 6th to 1ste in the 1ste lap.
    I do hope ISI keep on doing the good job!

14. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

I'm a satisfied and happy customer since day one (a year ago I installed rF2 for the first time). Coming from rF1, GTR2, Race07 I've never touched them since. Everything else "next gen" can't get me hooked: Pcars is looking nice but offers not much else. AC feels just bland and sterile. I might give iR a chance though just to have a comparison.
    Our little league (more like a bunch of friends) has already done a megane cup, a 2.4 hours event and is in the process of doing a cup with URD's T5 mod.

I'd like the devs to be more talkative though - at times it feels as though they didn't care much for their brainchild. I'd be content with a little more insight in the development process: a regular Q&A, a random screenshot - nothing that raises to many expectations (danger of disappointment), but something that serves as a "sign of life".

15. sFactor

sFactor Registered

iRacing doesn't feel anywhere near as good as rF2 In my opinion. The FFB in rF2 is in it's own league.

The worst part of iRacing for me is you really need to spend a lot of time to be anywhere near competitive. Unless you have a lot of time, or are just an alien to start with, it is tough. I just don't have the time required to be competitive.

If you are really hardcore, the competition is great on iRacing. If you are more causal like me, you may struggle.

16. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

How did this turn into a discussion about iRacing?

17. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

100% agree with everything quoted.

To my surprise Assetto Corsa didn't actually feel that much different from PCars in the end, although I know neither are 'finished' yet. It does feel a bit better (a bit more predictable in car behavior) but in comparision to rFactor 2 neither of those sims offer anywhere near the same driving experience. When I drive rFactor 2 it feels real - and it feels like a real bloody effort to push the car to it's limits. I feel like I know exactly what the car beneath me is doing, and when the sodding thing spins out I feel as though I always understand why.

That's a lot of 'feelings' going on there, but that's what it gives me. It's quite important in a driving sim.

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Nice thread and +1

I'm becoming slightly more critical (or impatient) but in the end its still all about what happens on-track and that is just frigging awesome :)

You don't need a lot of time in rf2 to become competitive? or do you mean there are simply more drivers there so also more fast drivers to compete against?

19. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I am satisfied with rf2, but I want to be delighted, hence the constant hope for improvement. (Read as complaint by the usual suspects). This applies to all titles I own in the sim racing genre. Each has its plusses and minuses with none being anywhere near perfect.

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think the talent pool in iR is more accessible. In rF1/2 the talent is in leagues and talent level from one league to another is massive. I spent several years racing in a few different leagues and was always in the the top three spots and setting poles regularly. Then I found a new league that did multi driver endurance racing (6 - 12 hours) and ended up being a mid pack driver for several months. But it just drove me to to get better and I ended up a much better racer. My team won the championship in LMP2 last season. rF has talent just like iR, it's just harder to find.