Bug creating the race logs

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by lagg, Jan 31, 2014.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi.
    I want to tell that there is an error in the logs of the races.
    We have in our web a championship with the FR 3.5. We use the build 382.
    In the last race of our championship (Mills Metropark), there was an incident.
    It seemed that a pilot (1) bumped another (2) in the rear side.
    Looking the replay (of the server) we don't see the contact, but there is a strange thing in the log.
    The log "says" that another pilot (3) bump both pilots in this incident.
    And this third pilot is in the opposite side of the circuit.
    In fact, this third pilot never is near the pilot 2 during the race. Alwais ther is, as minimum, a car between them.
    The contact shown by the log is impossible to have happen.
    If ISI wants to check it, i have the server replay and the server log. I'll tell you the exact moment of the replay and the line of the log to check it quickly.

I've compared the server log, mine and the pilots 1 and 2, and all show the same.

I want to say that this is a very big problem for a league, because we don't have real evidences of the accidents.
    ¿How can we punish the bad acts in the races without the evidence of the log?

Thanks.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you Lazza.
    I'll take a look when arrive home.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk 2

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I thought it was not working properly yet? we've disabled incident reporting in our xml files because of this. it gave too much non-info and it was messing up other stuff like times etc as well.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Erm... that's what this thread, and my thread I linked to, are about, at least partly. But as I eluded to in my thread, we know from past statements that the results system will be overhauled at some point, so what we're dealing with here is a stopgap in the meantime. The incidents are still useful pointers even if they are very repetitive and make results files huge. For me it's better than the no incidents we had until build 300 or whichever it was.

6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I would like to know how you do that please? cheers

7. lagg

lagg Registered

This is what Lazza put in his thread.

This is exactly the same has happened to me.
    But i have a problem. As you said, there are some repeated lines, but it isn't a problem, can be annoying, but it's understandable.
    I'm going to show my log removing theunnecesary lines (mantaining the repeated ones):
    Code:
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.52) with another vehicle Driver_C(16)</Incident>
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.52) with another vehicle Driver_B(46)</Incident>
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.32) with another vehicle Driver_C(16)</Incident>
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.32) with another vehicle Driver_B(46)</Incident>
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.06) with another vehicle Driver_C(16)</Incident>
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.06) with another vehicle Driver_B(46)</Incident>
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.16) with another vehicle Driver_C(16)</Incident>
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.16) with another vehicle Driver_B(46)</Incident>
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.13) with another vehicle Driver_C(16)</Incident>
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.13) with another vehicle Driver_B(46)</Incident>
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.06) with another vehicle Driver_C(16)</Incident>
    <Incident et="809.5">Driver_A(37) reported contact (0.06) with another vehicle Driver_B(46)</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.3">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.03) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.3">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.06) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.3">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.52) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.3">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.68) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.5">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.06) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.5">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.06) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.5">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.29) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.6">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.55) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.6">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.48) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.6">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.42) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.6">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.39) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.6">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.39) with Immovable</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.6">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.45) with Wing</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.6">Driver_B(46) reported contact (1.00) with Wing</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.6">Driver_B(46) reported contact (0.97) with Wing</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.7">Driver_C(16) reported contact (0.29) with Wing</Incident>
    <Incident et="812.7">Driver_C(16) reported contact (0.03) with Wing</Incident>
    <Sent et="877.5">Driver_B has left the race but vehicle has been stored in the garage</Sent>

If i understand correctly this log, it's telling us:
    - Driver_A hits Driver_C
    - Driver_A hits Driver_B
    - Driver_B hits something solid
    - Driver_B hits his wing
    - Driver_C hits his wing
    - Driver_B press ESC

Here are several problems.
    - When this happened the Driver_A was in the opposite side of the circuit. And never was near Driver_B.
    - Driver_C doesn't hit his wing.

Whatching the replay i can see.
    - Driver_C is near the rear part of the Driver_B (it's difficult to know if there is contact)
    - Driver_B hits the left wall.
    - Driver_B hits the right wall and loses his rear wing.
    - Driver_B press ESC.

Any ideas?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As per my post (not sure you completely understood it), you've got multiple lines reporting contact with Driver_B and Driver_C, which actually indicates Driver_B and Driver_C made contact. I'd be surprised if you didn't have Driver_B and/or Driver_C reporting contact with each other above those lines, but prediction could also be at work here.

Remember there are 3 versions of what happened when 2 cars 'collide': what the first driver saw, what the second driver saw, and what the server saw. You can't expect these to always agree, so from an admin point of view you need to decide what your final reference is going to be. Personally I use the server replay as a kind of happy medium, and if that happens to disagree with what someone saw on their end (for better or worse) then that's just how it goes.

This also means you can't rely on incident reporting alone. Depending what the prediction code does a driver might see (and feel) contact with another driver, and his game reports it. But the server doesn't see it, and the second driver doesn't see it either. You might still have the incident reported in the XML but if you use the server replay as your reference there's no contact. The first driver might be sent off line or even crash because of the 'phantom' collision, but unless you're going to get everyone's replay and rule that half a collision is a collision that's just bad luck. You can't avoid these grey areas unless you only race on LANs... no prediction will ever be perfect, no matter what any fans of particular games might say.

You already cleared up what happened by looking at the replay. Trying to work out how to interpret the xml so it correlates perfectly to 'what actually happened' is unfortunately a futile exercise.

9. lagg

lagg Registered

Thanks Lazza.
    Of course, i always use the replay an log of the server to take the decissions.
    In this case the replay is not clear, because i don't see any contact, but the trajectory of the car in front suddenly changes.
    And the log doesn't help too much.
    All the logs (server and both pilots) tell the same.
    So i supose this is one of that grey areas.
    Luckily this doesn't happen very often.
    Thanks.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Usually everyone ends up with the same stuff in logs. I think the server sends out log updates as they happen. That doesn't mean the 3 replays will show the same thing. For there to be contact reported someone must have 'seen' contact.