Expectations for next Build?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mibrandt, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Functional additions and bug fixes. Driveline model, tire model, real road deceleration. Content-wise need ISI Lienz, ISI Toban (or Vincent's is good but incomplete), ISI T280, cobra, 50s gp, roadster, stuff finalized so modders confident.

2. elbo

elbo Registered

Animated feet...would be cool if they animated the damn things onto an actual working clutch...don't know why but when I read this I had the image of little toes with animated clown faces...:rolleyes:

3. Bart S

Bart S Member

Don't get me started on what I think about animated feet coming before fixes to other graphic features like windscreen problem in bad visibility conditions.

4. O11

O11 Registered

This is getting LFS-ish.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I understand the argument (I've said the same to others before, too) but I find it hard to believe there would be absolutely no programming involved in setting up foot animations - they obviously have to be linked to what the car is doing. How much programming? Maybe a few mins, maybe up to an hour... and both the things I mentioned wouldn't take any longer. So I'll stand by what I said... :)

6. 1959SLP

1959SLP Banned

Hey DurgeDriven,

Not sure what your point is with the video?

AC is evolved, no question. Grainy YouTube vids don't always do justice. GPL was quite ahead of it's time.

It's 15-16 years old and in many ways looks better than rF2. Is this what you are trying to say?

7. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Smoked or unsmoked ?

8. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Animated feet? Really?
    [​IMG]

9. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Thats rFactor2, lot of features, any finished and/or working as expected.

Expectations for next builds, nothing, more problems, more promises more teorical optimizacions, and bigger build number, thats the only thing that never gets wrong, it is always going up.

What I want for rFactor2 is having completly stable and finished core, with all features working correctly, buts thats like when someone ask for ''if you win the lottery what will you do?'' - ''buy a Ferrari and a big house'' something that never will happens basically because I dont buy lottery :D

10. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Animated feet sounds like a nice additional feature, I'm thinking of the videos and replays featuring graphical throttle control and braking.

I'm still waiting for a GUI and usability update with things like better keyboard control such as Enter saves setups and cursor is already on the chat input or filename input boxes without having to click on them, I'm sure admins would like better and easier ways of doing things without typing war and peace into the chatbox etc. More info and options in the multiplayer side of things would be nice to see.

I think a lot of people would like to hear from ISI what they are working towards (when are they gonna overhaul the UI?), at the moment it seems every update contains a load of random, seemingly unrelated things.

11. nowayjose

nowayjose Registered

Opponent cars that get off the line and don't shy away from passing you in the slipstream.
    Shadows that stay there.
    A user interface that wasn't made on the PS2.
    Harmonized colours between circuits for HDR.
    No new features, please.

12. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

…hours to get it to work again. nothing more…

(thankfully iR and AC just need one click when they are updated… so there is some freetime left on these days)

13. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

+1

14. bwana

bwana Registered

karts ,carts and cobras.. please

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think you're referring to AI, the first point can already be accomplished with a change to the talent files, I agree about slipstreaming needing improvement.

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Oh yes :D

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It depends, if passing the player, it can be due to low setting in aggression slider or the talent file. If it's AI passing AI, then it most likely is the talent file not being varied enough in different ways.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

not in my findings, I've had aggression 100 with talent the same, block path was long enough for them to move out but they don't. (I tested without block path too to see if this path attributes to overtaking) They still have the tendency to sit behind the human car touching the brakes and the same behind other AI cars, simply put there has been improvement in overtaking into corners but not in slipstreaming in general especially on long straights.

the addition of block paths has helped no end with battles and overtaking of the AI, but there is still work to be done as we all know in many areas of the AI.

edit: Just to add Composure in the talent file helps with overtaking into corners, lower that and you get more overtaking/dive bombing.

19. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Yes that's the main thing I'm looking forward to at the moment. I've driven Karts in the real world, so I have a base of feeling to go on and I'll know if they aren't working correctly (no pressure).

We've had Karts in other games of course, but this is the benchmark for me. When I'm sick of trying to figure out what's wrong with various sim/physics/FFB combinations I just load up the rF2 Skip Barber and remember...

I remember what it's like to drive a car that does exactly what it's supposed to and responds to every input like a dream.

20. williang83

williang83 Registered

+1