[WIP] Neva Ring

Discussion in 'Locations' started by tos187, Jan 29, 2014.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I had read someone else had crashing with Neva, so I hadn't even installed it while using this build.
    Just loaded it up and it ran fine.

Question: Is it possible that you updated (not fresh install) and didn't delete the cbash files before running it again in the 798 build?

My 798 is fresh and I cleared all files except packages. While running on the track it is easy to tell gmt's and such are different with this build because track (while dry) is extremely shiny in places as if it had just rained. (I think the Indianapolis track has same problem, only Neva is more severe) . It very well could be a conflict with the old cbash file that was created with previous build)

Track is still fun though, just a lot of road reflection and some trouble with shadows now.

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Solved. Sort of. Changed number of AI from 19 to 14. Should this no longer be required with 64 bit? Fresh install. GTX 760 2GB. 6GB system RAM.

Edit - Scratch that. Was working with Spark F3. Then tried with Spark F2 and crashed. Then tried with 9 AI and crashed. Done with this track for now. Just FYI in case anyone wants to look into it. I will be happy to test further if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
  3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Sorry it's not working for you. On the brighter side though, you're not missing a whole lot right now. It wouldn't be worth the headache of researching unless it gets updated to work with 798. Surely that will happen at some point. It's a too great a track not to get another 40 minutes or so of attention.

4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Agreed

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

FYI works now after turning off reflections go figure

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Hey, good trick, never would have thought of it. Makes sense tho, still, I've got reflections on. Such is life with computers.

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yeah and sometimes works for me with reflections but is temperamental. Ah well. No prob at all for me though as graphics are fine IMO without reflections. Hopefully not souring others from this incredible track though.

8. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Hello, Tos. Thanks for this amazing track. It has such a great flow and is also very versatile in that it is fun with many different types of vehicles.

I just wanted to share that I am getting CTD with this track on build 860, but only with T280 and Skip Barber for some reason. By contrast, I can load 60s F2 vehicles with 29 AI and maxed out graphics with great performance no problem. I am not having this problem with any other track.

I also noticed wet reflection in dry environments is no longer happening but there is a weird texture with blue/purple dots on some areas of the track surface so not sure if related.

Last thing I noticed is that it looks like there are holes in the mesh as car tires are sinking into the track surface.

Anyway, as this is one of my favorite tracks I would love to see it finished. If you would like screenshots, videos, etc. just let me know...

9. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

One more thing is noticed is that AI are a mess on this track (60s F2). Chicanes really mess with them and they end up spinning and on two wheels and flipping, etc. I am using auto line smooth = 3 so may have something to do with alternate path definition...

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Yeah, I agree, I really would like to see this track improved at least on stability side. Even if it was one of my favorite I stopped to use it due to too much CTD which seems random. I didn't try removing all reflections thought. Will try.

11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Sad sad sad I still not able to use this track even by settings all reflections to off, at the end of the track loading, "rF2 stopped working" blablabla and CTRL-ALT-DEL. That's pretty sad as it was one of my favorite track. TOS was also working to a kart layout on it.

No news from him?

12. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

There are holes in the mesh too, etc., etc. Too bad b/c ToS very talented and also did amazing Lada mod :(

13. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Guess we will have to close the entrance gate to ole Neva.... pity.

14. tos187

tos187 Registered

Hello all. Sorry for the long wait. Happy to report that the problem is solved and the track will be updated in a few weeks.

15. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Great news, ToS! Great to see you back!!!!

16. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

That's good news.

17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

18. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Thank you for your kind attention!!!!

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Once again I'll let my Latino friend here do the the talking:

[​IMG]

20. tos187

tos187 Registered

ToS_NevaRing_v09
    Mirror

v0.9:
    -fixed a crash
    -fixed reflection road
    -increased the number of reflected objects. adjust the settings if the FPS low
    -new cameras
    -new objects on the track
    -Added KART configuration