[WIP] Neva Ring

Discussion in 'Locations' started by tos187, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

It looks great!

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

At over 300mb it's quite heavy in size, was it all made through 3DMax and not the rf2 tools?

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Mate, this track is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites! I just love the flow of it, the fast sweepers and the clunky chicanes, going into hairpins with the suspension going crazy over the bumps.
    It's just awesome, plus the scenery is quite beautiful.

I can't wait to try the next version. Keep at it! :)

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Amazing track, tested with Lada (off course), great fun, with F3 Historic and Clio, really cool, challenging with the Civic and the Megane: really demanding and hard, swearing, stunning, heart speeding.With such track we can challenge for the longest time keeping the car on 2 wheels thanks to kerbs ;)

Now one of my favorite for sure, the kind of track I'll bring when new person will come to test rF2: easy to learn, nice looking, challenging when pushing, great ! :)

Thanks a Bunch, great work, a must have ! :)

5. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Very nice track and great 3D modeling, it's very cool to drive in 3dvision.
    Thank you :)

Envoyé depuis mon SM-N9005 avec Tapatalk

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I have tons of fun with this track :)

I just had a small problem at the end of a 5 laps race against 13 AIs. After the race we were doing the last one to go to the pit and and AIs didn't enter in pits. They continue another lap, so I followed them. Before then end of this second extra lap several cars suddenly turned perpendicular to the road and crashed in a wall, like if the pit entrance was here, but it was a tires wall. Weird...

7. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

This is very impressive, thank you

8. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Couldn't resist driving the Lada on this. Great fun and track looks great, too. Nice work :D

9. antgen

antgen Registered

Great job, good looking and fun to drive track. Thank you Tos :)

I have more aliased edges with this track compared to other but the Alt-M thing really works here

10. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

This is very good. Graphics are nice too.

11. Thor

Thor Registered

Very perfect track. Appeared more a creator of track quality. :eek: Thank you!

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I took this track for a spin today and the layout and graphics are fantastic, the realroad comes in very nice and trackside objects all are top notch.

-the video shows the road is very rough and has a huge crown int he middle- all this makes sense since it is a city track. The mod track surface is very smooth and has no crown to speak of. This makes the course much too easy to drive. Judging from the looks of the way that the track surface is so rough and the way the road crown is, this should be a very tricky track.

-There's no pit crew member to wave you out of the garage park and on to the track (minor touch)

-It's very difficult to find the course first time out until the AI puts down some rubber, I think it'd be very helpful to have cones out or like they show in the video, tires laid on the ground or a tire stack chicane. That'd add to the realism a bit too.

-Once the AI got on track they were fine but in pit lane a couple smashed into the Clio safety car at pit exit

For a WIP, this is fantastic though, I'm looking forward to the final product!!!!

13. DA

DA Registered

It's first release without optimization! Release build will be light, then now! It's simple for beta-test. Calm down maan! :) Really Neva Ring looks very good for many championships! :)

14. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

i thought size means quality in tracks

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hehe, I'm calm :p. Just speaking based off what I read from Tuttle and Luc, conversions or creations done through 3DSMax tend to be heavier than exports from rF2's tools. Have a look at Aintree or Topeka, they're massive but extremely poor, quality =/= size.

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

There is nu such thing as rF2 tools for building tracks, there's an exporter plugin for 3dsMax, that's it :)

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

So mate! How is progress on my new favorite track in rF2? :) :)

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

That is correct, the bigger the file, the better the quality. its simple science.

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

At first I was lost here but once I learned this track it's quite fun :D and good looking of course. Performance was also ok for me.

I would like to see track markers in the next updates ( telling not to go straight when you have to turn :) )

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Or placement of a few simple cones would also accomplish the same thing.