Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello Ernie,

I have the data for the first race winner, http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...T3-mod-(0-930)?p=405980&viewfull=1#post405980

"Are these guys had driven with (almost) default setups"

Why don't you ask them?

Default setup were designed to be drivable as is at ISI Portugal, not race setups even at Portugal (undesteer built in).

My setups for Portugal are quite different of those I would use for Mid Ohio.

I believe Tosch was driving a setup based on Emery's for the SLS in the last race, cannot confirm.

Cheers.

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here is my setup I used at the race. It's Emery's setup slightly modified.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oqvln9aiwwnbmme/AM_SLS_0930_MidOhio.svm

Here is the replay file of the race (medium quality. 26MB).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e7latszqr1xbcqc/APEX+Race+Mid-Ohio+Miller+200_Jan09.Vcr

As you can see I was able to follow Bumble for the first five laps but that overheated my tires (SLS is heavy :D), so I had to reduce the speed a bit. My hope was that he had to make a pitstop later in the race, but he didn't. :(
    Tiretemps were pretty equal and manageable over the race. At lap 15 the tire indicator showed yellow for both left tires. The last 3 laps were a bit slippery, but nothing to worry about.
    Yoss had a pedal failure at lap 10 or so, which is a shame, because it would have been a very exciting battle at the end of the race.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Thank you, sir!

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Adapting to conditions--tire wear, rain or moisture, sometimes heat is what racing is all about. These cars, especially my favourite the 799, are all realistic and simulated well enough to allow that "management" to occur. You can't just go out on track and recklessly drive your fastest possible laps at 10/10ths. Racing is about risk management.

Winning a race is not about going as fast as you can. The goal is to go as slowly as you can (minimal risk taking), but still be ahead of everyone else. Lgel's quote from Zandvoort shows that when you have longer races with multiple drivers, it can get even more complicated with one teammate having a different mission than another depending on their skillset and the timing or situation in the race.

5. Bumble

Bumble Registered

Hi

All I did with the Z06 was Rear wing down 1 and softer front springs and moved towards Emery's damper settings. It wasn't a cracking race set up as I ended with (approx) 50% fronts and 75% Rears left. Like all good things it takes, (me anyway :)), time to get it to feel how you want, as I was driving most of the cars as a test they could all be improved to suit me with time and effort. The times I have been lucky enough to be given a set up by an "Alien type" I have noticed two things. They are wildly different approaches to the same end and I can't drive any of them very well. The Apex mod is great if you put the time into making them suit you, apart from the Camaro but the fault lies with me and how I am approaching it not the "Dark work of Satan".
    SLS, 799 and 458 I used Emery's set ups as a starting point, many thanks for your time and effort, and then changed what I didn't like. Z06, MP4 and Z4 I used defaults as a starting point, Camaro I didn't :).

One observation I would make re the tyre model, I have not yet found a way to make a double stint on one set of tyres a workable alternative to changing them every tank of fuel. I have to give away more time protecting the tyres, when I do have a balanced set for a track ;), than I gain by not changing.

Thanks for all the effort to all involved, much appreciated.

Dave

6. yoss

yoss Registered

7. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

The tyres are intended for endurance racing, if you are getting tyre wear above normal, try lowering your springs (lower possible) and check your ride heights on the motec so you are not losing speed due to car bottoming out, after that, try lowering damper's velocity (rebound should always be higher than bump speed).

If your problem with tyre wear is during slow speed corners, maybe your anti-roll bars are too stiff for the track, if you are having problems on fast corners, try to change wings.

Some tips about pre-load:
    Pre-load (low throttle range)
    High = Nervous transitioning from braking/acceleration, easier to balance turns with throttle, harder to keep stable accelerating from slow turns, easy to spin under power, easier to break traction with rapid power lift-off
    Low = Less responsive transitioning from braking/acceleration, easier to accelerate from slow turns but tendency to understeer.

Last but not least, try messing up with tyres pressure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I tried your setup for the MP4 in Sebring (which you shared with me thanks again :)) and it was very stable and quick but yes there was also some understeering and a bit loose rear (for me) noticeable.
    What I remember I reduced the rear height a bit changed the steering lock moved the brake bias a little bit to the rear and (not 100% sure) made the front a bit softer.
    Helped in my case a lot. But as I often mentioned I'm also still in the learning process.

9. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

Despite the fact that it drives awesome, I don't get how you can remotely drive the McLaren without getting completely annoyed by the horrible sound blending. The sound itself is fine, if not great, but just like the Mercedes the blending is completely off. Most cars have minor blending issues, but these two are the very worst.
    And while the interior of the Corvette sounds okay, from the outside it sounds just like it doesn't reach 3000 rpm. Even my C4 Corvette with stock exhaust screams higher and sounds more menacing when it reaches 3000 rpm.
    If these issues don't get fixed, I'm going to do it myself. I like this mod too much to leave it.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I have been a fan and also a critic, but it is important to observe this is still v.930. There will be updates until the team decide it's up to v1.00 standard. So our concerns, from audio, visual and driving realms, shall be addressed at some point or another.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Ask if you can help. If you are able to provide better samples or mixes, the team may choose to use them in an upcoming update, as Gui said.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I didn't say that.

13. AceLain

AceLain Registered

You took the rear wing all the way down on a track like mid ohio ?

Intereseting...
    What you do on a track like LeMan ? Reverse in the wall to let it fall so you don'T have it at all ;)

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

yoss can't pm you, inbox full, by the way server is with sao paulo up

15. yoss

yoss Registered

i made some cleaning ,25 mp today ,hard to let some place

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Are there alternative sounds to the Vette so I can listen to the engine in the cockpit?

17. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Question?
    I am testing at Bathurst for the Neo BR 12 hours. (Porsche 799) 2 weeks ago I had fairly bad front tyre wear. (V930). Last night through get mod there was an update.
    The tyre wear was much more even (nice). The rear grip was less (hence the more even wear I guess). I needed to lower rear ARB and springs. Now my lap time is the same but with even tyre wear.
    Does anyone know about these changes?
    Thanks

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Apex Modding has not changed the physics of any car since V 0.93 release.

I confirm that with standard V 0.93 I can also reach a very balanced tyre wear, with adequate fine tuning of setup and sensible driving.

Cheers David.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  19. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

OK thanks,
    I must be doing something different! But the wear is better. Thanks

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

By any chance, you dont meant the flat6? Because with the Flat6 i get the same wear problem with the rear tire...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016