Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. yoss

yoss Registered

still in the pîpeline
    subscribe to this one : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=570027793

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah I realize all that, I subscribed anyways ( I have non-steam )

Did someone else add v0.92 then or is there some other reason you added it now ? , that is all I was wondering.

Just weird lately, ASR has new listing for v1.86 rather then v1.865 ?

Then there is a new V8Supercar15 v2.01 at bottom there ...... I got no idea on that one. lol

[​IMG]

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Well, with ASR 1.86 was their own work, Frenk did his changes on top and ASR provided that 1.865 option

4. yoss

yoss Registered

where do you dl the 0.92??you need to remove 0.92 old thing, dl 0.930 and install ,
    link is in the first post of this topic

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Yoss,

Is the separate sound package still necessary?

6. yoss

yoss Registered

7. Emery

Emery Registered

I take that to mean Apex did not put the 0.92 on the remote content tab in the rF2 launcher. We know Apex is managing the Steam download.

It would seem to be in Apex's interests to list the 0.930 version in the remote content tab so that unknown parties who put old versions are overridden.

8. yoss

yoss Registered

my knowledge of steam is very limited , explain "It would seem to be in Apex's interests to list the 0.930 version in the remote content tab so that unknown parties who put old versions are overridden "

9. AceLain

AceLain Registered

I dont think they are talking about the steam, but the remote content page on the launcher of the game

10. yoss

yoss Registered

ahhhhhh ok !!! like 3pa thing?

11. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes. See the picture that Durge posted.

12. yoss

yoss Registered

yes i see
    [​IMG]
    ok i ask to isi how to do

13. EaglemanGT

EaglemanGT Registered

Someone is Publishing Content that is old or not working. Don't know who though, I guess anybody can do it? There should be an "Uploader" identification so there is a responsible party as well as a "Date Published".
    There is quite a bit of "Published Content" that is out of date or not working.
    There were over a dozen files uploaded within the past few days.
    Looks like this could get out of hand quickly huh?
    I too am also non steam and not going to steam.
    All the FVR cars have been posted with no working links as Failed Verification gets prompted when trying to Download and Install. (for me)
    As you said the AM FIA GT3 is an old build. There is also an Old build of SCES Daytona, URD EGT Vettes as well as a few more.
    Cheers for the heads up DD ;)

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

ISI need to remove 6 old track versions themselves. :)

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Alpha-Bravo was kind enough to forward me his Motec data of the 40 laps race they ran on line last sunday at Mid-Ohio.
    Driving a Mc Laren, he won the race with a best lap in race of 1 19 831, without changing tires in the whole race, his last lap was still under 1 21...
    At the end of the race the tire wear was

FL 30.4
    FR 22,6
    RL 20,01
    RR 21,4

Congratulations, no doubt he is a fine driver and that he had done his homework with the setup.

Cheers.

16. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thank you Lgel! Makes me proud to read this [emoji4].

I' still in the learning process but with the handbook of david things are now easier to understand and as a result my setups are getting better and more stable. The hardest part was to get a stable rear on the track part with the up and down waves. Some changes on the fast rebound rear dampers a bit adapting the line did the trick.

Have to say it was a real pleasure to drive this car, track and setup combination. It happen not very often to me that I get some good feedback from the sim because of this it was possible to drive the car most time on the border between grip and slip. In case of over or understeer it was always possible to correct the line with very small inputs on the throttle or brake. With every lap I was more and more confident with the handling of the car.
    It was a real good feeling to drift over all four wheels in a corner (for example first left after start finish) in case of to much enter speed a very small input on the brake to transfer the weight to the front was enough.

I know there are a lot of faster drivers then me out there. Hope to see them on the next race on track.
    If anyone is interested in my setup for the MP4 and Mid-Ohio pm me I will share it with you.

greets alex

17. Emery

Emery Registered

I've found the McLaren to be an interesting challenge for setting up. Take away the aero and you can't tune out the inherent oversteer! Of course adding rear downforce then creates an aero push, so you have to strike the proper balance for the track you're driving.

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

yes that's the key if you want be fast and stable with this car you have ro find a stable oversteering setup.
    The biggest challenge during the setup process is always to get rid of the snappy tail which does also not like fast left right weight transfers [emoji3].
    Let me say I like this it gives the MP4 his npersonal touch.
    I drove now so many laps with this car and I'm still in the learning process [emoji57]

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes Alpha-Bravo, you are totally right.

Have you ever heard of a racing car that doesn't require counter steering?

I haven't, so if you never need to counter steer when you push your car, may be something is wrong with your setup or driving style.

For a given car and setup, driver inputs affects a lot understeer (tire temp widget is your friend here).

Understeer in high speed corners is mainly cured by aero tweaks and ride height -affects diffuser efficiency-, in slow turns it is mainly cured by suspension tuning (mechanical grip).

Don't believe that Alpha-Bravo's setup is very far from default setup, but even with his setup, it requires an adequate driving style to obtain the balanced tire wear he was able to obtain (most drivers would describe his car as understeering).

As he was able to use the four wheels of his car his lap times were better than those who drove mainly with two tires.

To prepare a race, remember that RF2 options allows you to run with 3 times fuel consumption and tire wear, so you can simulate an hour stint in 20 minutes, with both high and low fuel conditions.

Cheers.

20. gkz

gkz Registered

Fact is that gt 3 cars a generall oversteer cars because of abs/esp/tc aids. So without these aids u should make easy setups where u spin out because of to much oversteer. But i only test the z4 and this is not possible for me, it does not feel
    like a gt 3 car should feel. I don t know the reason because im not in modding. I only know something is going really rong maybe tiremodel ? i don t know.