Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+1 would be a nice contribution. Looking forward to do some test laps and give you my feedback [emoji106]

2. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

This kind of person comes here just to complain but then you ask him what he did for the community and the answer is:
    nothing

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+1 just blocked a couple of days for extended test stints :cool:

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I never said that i could create suspension physics, lacking of real data. I am here to give some basic inputs. But ok, i see its only ok when everybody says, hey great, amazing, oh my got and so on. I don´t know what wheel you are using, but with a more powerfully one, it feels really strange with the inverted centerforce in a tight corner and you dont need to be a genius to recognoize ,that this could not be correct.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I invested many hours for betatesting other Rfactor2 Mods to improve physics.

Tell me somesthing about your projects.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Don't take it personally, that kind of response to words that aren't absolute praise is the latest forum sensation.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  7. hak

hak Registered

Is Andregee talking about the Force Feedback on his wheel is reversed? That would be in the settings on his end of course. Just sayin.....:)

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

As an advanced user and physics tester, you certainly know that the Camaro is the only car whose front wheels are of the same dimension as it's rear tires (but you didn't tell to help Ernie), so basically it's front end is more efficient than the front end of the other cars (it is like that in real life).

It would be very sad if ISI made cars, were not the best looking and driving cars available, due to the advantage of knowing the inner workings of the sim.

You can have whatever opinion on the mod as you want and post it, but Ernie had trouble setting up a balanced car, other posters tried sincerely to help him, you didn't help the least.

In the same way as you are free to voice your opinion on the mod, other posters can voice their tiredness of purely negative posts where you imply things that you ignore (the fact that physics are invented vs real data for ISI cars).

For your information, Yoss has contacts with real racing teams (with real car data, setups sheets, some telemetry data, etc., and a very detailed data base of the cars of this mod).

No one pretends this mod is perfect, very far from it, but at this point this mod doesn't need any more expert tester input (we had some very good beta testers who were able to give very detailed feedback), it needs real experts in tire modelling, suspension design, to bring next version to a higher level.

And yes, this mod was tested with a variety of the most affordable steering wheels (G25, G27, T500 RS, and Fanatec).

But feel free to post as many negative posts as you want.

Cheers, and have fun racing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  9. sg333

sg333 Registered

I FINALLY had time to play with 0.930 this weekend; absolutely outstanding in every way, congrats! :)

Any update on the Bentley? I know, I know; I'm being greedy now :p

10. hak

hak Registered

I had a great time @ Valencia with the 799. Power slides in 4th gear @ turn one! Incredible fun.:)
    Really enjoying this car. Thanks for the update and continued support.

Randy

11. yoss

yoss Registered

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Additional to the Fanatec equipement I use a self build motion rig (merged my rig with a SimX Stage 1 Seat). Du this I have a lot more feedback of the mod specially in the areas suspension and tire grip.

13. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

I did some more testing today. Most cars are superb.
    Only in the bmw i have some understeer in quick corner i cant get rid of. Even with rear wing 1 it understeers in the rain in corner where all other car would oversteer with a similar setting.
    Has someone else the same issues with this car?

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

In real life you can't allways get rid of understeer in fast curves.

Sorry, wet tires in this mod are pending a revision, as wet racing in general in RF2.

Cheers and have fun racing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
  15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

For those who find the SLS tail too nervous, just try reducing steering lock to 19º, it may help on very twisty and technical tracks like Mid Ohio.

Cheers and have fun racing.

16. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Sorry for the bad example with the rain. But its the same in the dry with slicks. I just cant get the Z4 even to a neutral handling.

17. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I havent done much with this car, you might have done all this but just in case since you only mention aero have you....
    Lowered; Front slow bump dampers, springs, ARB
    Raised same at rear
    Lowered diff pre load.
    Raised front tyre pressures.
    (Edit) another option is to ensure front camber is optimal and then move rear camber away from optimal, thus lowering rear grip. These cars like many are very sensitive to rear camber change so it shouldnt take much. Morerear camber will assist mid corner at high speed, so poss go lower, that way you will get good accelleration-braking as a trade-off.

18. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Hiyay Wishmaster, having driven all of the Apex cars the BMW Z4 is easily the most consistently quick car for how I drive. All of the cars are fairly heavy understeerers on but still quick (BOP is exceptional) and unless you overdrive them, (guilty) the tyres last well too once you find a setup. Good advice as usual from Davidporeilly. Particularly for the BMW more ( meaning more negative) camber on the front will add to your problems of understeer. Do try more positive front camber settings, you might be pleasantly surprised. I find these cars are very sensitive to rebound settings and a high rebound on the front will again compound any understeer issue you may have. Good luck, they are very rewarding cars with persistence. Like all cars you can't get a good feel in 1 or 2 laps, 5+ laps is required to fine tune.

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Anyone explain why v0.92 has just been put up on remote content and not v0.930.

Thank You