Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Promag

Promag Registered

So far so good, like to hear some opinions as if this is league ready yet.

2. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

My thanks to Apex and every single person involved. I can only imagine the amount of man hours spent to get the mod to where its at. Amazing job all of you.
    TK

3. yoss

yoss Registered

unsubcribe to amgt3 0.930 in steam

delete the vehicules in steam\SteamApps\common\rfactor2\installed /vehicules .

go to:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\downloads\folder with number
    delete one numered folder with Inside him AMGT 3 version 0.928 .

after go to : Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\folder with number
    and delete each numered folder with am gt3 Inside

after dl 0.930 from the apex link and copy paste rfcmp in package folder , install as usual

the problem come because i delete the old 0.928 before add 0.930 and because better way is to update workshop and don't delete
    my bad :eek:

we have a project to create something with the mod around january

4. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Oh you have noooo idea how many hours. :D No idea whatsoever... xD

Drove me crazy sometimes but Lgel was super responsive with his work from my feedback. Still I feel there is A LOT more more to do with it and I mean ENORMOUS amount of work/rework to be done maybe for the next version but if I'm asked to help again I will gladly do it.

Anyway objective was to make the mod a lot better than previous version, not make it perfect (there is still time to make it a lot closer to what I feel it could be one day) so the whole team achieved that. So congratz to Tosch, Yoss, Lgel and others that helped. Thanks Lgel for your patience. ;) I tested it a lot of times.

Don't worry guys this mod has just become 10x better, but it won't stop there and next update will make it even better. ^^

6. cocothecoco

cocothecoco Registered

ok i did that, and now i have the 0.930 version !! but i'm not subscribed to your mod on steam anymore, and i subscribe, steam will start to download the old version again !! should i wait the future version to subscribe again ?

7. yoss

yoss Registered

oh !!
    those steam are crazy.
    don't subcribe for the moment to the 0.930 i ask to someone who know better than me how the workshop work .

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
  8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I'm in love....
    that's all, really thank you so much. only tested 799 at the server and wow wow wow it feels like a porsche.

Small thing i noticed, i get some strange reflections in the heat haze of all cars. more heat haze view-able then ever before. No game stopper for sure but just wanted to report.
    all team Yoss Tosch lgel you guys rock just like the testers for that matter :eek: no time anymore need to get behind the wheel again.

9. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Fantastic job¡¡¡ Beautiful update. Thanks :)

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah, me too, the heat haze is causing a few little oddities here and there.

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The heat haze is indeed a bit strange. The first time I saw it was when I exported the complete SLS with 3dSimEd. It was invisible before. Maybe it's an antialiasing thing with my gfx card (GTX670), maybe the 3dsmax exporter produces different results.
    You can turn it off. There is a tuning option for the SLS and when you force it to the AI it should be completely disabled for all cars.

...and yes, the real stars with this update are the physics guys around Lgel. It is simply amazing how different and believable the cars feel and behave, but at the same time they are perfectly balanced. I believe it will take some time to get an idea how much work and expertise has gone into this.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
  12. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I can only agree. Thanks for the tip Tosch (tho i knew it ;)) but good for the once's who don't. Tried SLS and ohw man i have to stop and go to sleep but don't wanna. And i have to say Lgel is a star/hero but you are also. i loved the mod before but this has gotten 100 times better. Sorry for sounding so fanboy but i am :eek:

13. yoss

yoss Registered

thanks eddy , happy to read this kind of things

14. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Thank you guys again, mod looks great and is very nice. Seems a bit heavy on my system but I need to see if reducing some settings will help and also less cars, I checked with 30, can't complain tho, gotta consider my PC specs
    Also:
    View attachment 18738

The AI was a bit too happy lol

16. wholigan

wholigan Registered

Absolutely amazing job!!!!!! thank you to everyone involved

17. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Well done. I feel like there's not much FFB in regards to wheel feel in slip angles. I've had a few spins that I felt were unexpected given feedback.

18. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Nice work, the mod is really coming along.

I see you're working on getting the Bentley in-game. Are there plans for other cars?
    One of our members was asking about the GTR. I was hoping for the Audi and a Mustang to go up against the Camaro! :)

19. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Hi guys, firstly congrats on the update, cars look fantastic!

In regards to FPS, what kind of frames are you guys getting?

I'm running an i7 4770k GTX970 G1. and at 1440p MAX settings, i'm getting slowdowns in the 40fps region with 20 cars mid pack.TV camera, and some drops in the 50fps cockpit back of pack.

stock content seems fine. is this due to the reflection on cars?

is this normal for RF2 performance? i lock my FPS @ 60fps. but unlocked around 100fps

20. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

I think I driven these cars more than 100 hours, and still enjoy a lot!!!
    The amount of work these guys put on this hobby, is amazing to see.

Congratulations on the release!