Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. peevee

peevee Registered

Excellent screenies Tosch
    Would love to know your settings, and graphics card details
    I have a 'life' mission to rid my rF2 of jaggies and you seem to have nailed it....

2. tpw

tpw Registered

Really looking forward to the update of this awesome mod.

Not sure if my issue has been addressed in this thread, but I notice some weird collision/fps issues with certain vehicles, most noticeably the Merc SLS. Basically if I get too close behind the car in front, the framerate completely tanks and I get bad stuttering. As soon as I pull back from the car, the framerate returns to normal. I don't know enough about collision boxes etc to offer anything constructive beyond this observation, sorry.

3. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Wow this all looks great. Top notch everyone involved!

P.s Any chance the McLaren could end up with the 2013 changes? (Bigger Wing, Bigger Splitter)

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I think Tosch mentioned that the reason of the FPS drops has to do something with the backlight/brake lights shader of the SLS.
    I reported that too.
    Cant't say (I guess I know the answer) if it's in the next public update fixed but maybe yoss can give you the answer.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The fps drop while driving close behind a car is fixed. The problem was the amount of glow shader objects for the taillight glow. They were created for an earlier build because the glow was barely visible. The new rF2 builds have adjusted tonemapper/hdr settings and there is now only one shader object (plane) for each light needed. The old version had 15 shader planes per light (3x15 per car x 20 cars = 900 planes) and I think these created some kind of hickup in the gfx pipeline.

I believe the collision boxes have nothing to do with the fps drop, at least when there is no collision, but they are the next topic on my list. :D

Have anyone noticed strange collision behaviour with the Apex cars (cars get stuck in other objects for instance)? I ask because I had a look at the collision meshes and they seem way to complicated for some cars and have lots of missing polys which may cause glitching/clipping into other objects. The cars with the problematic meshes are the Porsche, Ferrari and the Z4. The other cars look ok to me.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

May i report 1 small bug?
    In the SLSGT3_AMG.GEN file is a small typo in the lines:
    <HIGH> MeshFile=slsgt3_body_c.gm............LODIn=(5) LODOut=(20)
    <HIGH> MeshFile=slsgt3_body_d.gm............LODIn=(40) LODOut=(850)

And what make me wondering a little bit is, why the SLSGT3_BODY_BUMP.DDS has a size of ~10 MB at 2048x2048.

7. yoss

yoss Registered

Mp4 2013 aero kit : we made a deal for have the use of a mac laren 650s gt3 3d model , better than rework the actual mp4 12 c gt3 in the mod.we have a imposed delay to wait before show
    Something

Same thing for the bentley and vantage ,we waiting the normal delay imposed by the deal we made.
    For the moment those thing are not to the top list .we are focused to debug the most possible thing for the next update and remade b.o.p. We touch the physcs for kill the understeer some things change dramatcly.

Moving mirror : i try 2 h yesterday for made working these things with no succes , mirror_in is the right place but don t move .any idea?

Gen sls : i think Tosch resolve the problem from a long time

Bump : when you export the bump from gimp or toshop 2048 give this 10 m size , reduce the size (1024 x 1024)
    give bad result on graphical rendering ingame.
    May be This week end, for thanksgiving we can release a fat "turkey "

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
  8. redapg

redapg Registered

The GEN file is from 0928.
    When i save it here with Photoshop and 2048x2048 i get 5462 KB.

9. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

FPS Drops and strange behaviour in collision

That's the News i was waiting for so long ! Big THX Tosch ! Now it will be my number one mod for sure.
    Indeed i had this strange behaviour with both Porsche and Ferrari, driving "Huckepack" (Germany calling^^), one car is transported by the other one.

Thx again for all your efforts, keep on doing,

Jruuss vum Mikk:cool:

10. yoss

yoss Registered

He is blue ? Or grey like us ??

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The bump map has an alpha channel (double file size).

12. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Just doing crash tests. :D

Here is one with the collision mesh for Z4 disabled (removed from the gen file). There is no collision object in the gen file but it works anyway?

13. gkz

gkz Registered

the last update does not allow me to adjust the mirrors. Will this change in the next update ?

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes. Caught on a couple of serrated curves and some random strange behaviour while mowing grass ;) But it is not extreme or predictable like the mods where the car stops dead when driving over a small rise in the surface. Your description sounds like the exact cause.

15. yoss

yoss Registered

Also yes

16. redapg

redapg Registered

I take your file and save it in Photoshop with NVidia Plugin as DXT5 with creating all MipMaps and don't matters if i use as "2D Texture" or as "Volume Texture", it saves with 5462 KB.

And BTW your other Textures with that size and Alpha do also have 5462 KB, what is normal in my eyes, it's just the Bump Texture that has ~10 MB.
    That was the reason why i wondered about the different size of the Bump Map.

I don't know which car is meant, but in general you have to split the mirror mesh into 3 single objects (left, center and right) to make it work that each one is independent adjustable.
    If you don't get it working, i can do it for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
  17. yoss

yoss Registered

if at the end of the export in dds the file is blue , it s not good ,whatever the final size she have .

thanks for your help but i have the max file , it's better that i made the thing working myself and too much people who touch the car in different way in the same time is a very bad way , at the end ,big whorehouse
    i follow the way i see in the camaro gen file :
    MeshFile=camaro_lmirror_in.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=False LODIn=(0) LODOut=(2) NoHDRLum=True
    MeshFile=camaro_rmirror_in.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=False LODIn=(0) LODOut=(2) NoHDRLum=True
    MeshFile=camaro_cmirror_in.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=False LODIn=(0) LODOut=(2) NoHDRLum=True

18. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

650s GT3 was recently confirmed for Assetto Corsa. Your deal?

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Interesting, so this will have model updates which basically means it won't be "just" a 2012 mod. That's nice.

20. yoss

yoss Registered

yes that's not only a 2012 mod