Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. philman

philman Registered

I think that we do not understand well. When I speak about dirty windscreen, I think to that:
    View attachment 18583

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The transition between day and night looks dull with the new tonemapper/automated hdr. There is no edge. Everything is on the "safe" side (white point, black point). At dawn the lighting should be dominated by ambient light, but the ratio between ambient light/direct (sun) light is always the same. In the past, when I created hdr profiles, the day/night transition was the most time consuming process, because the dramatic change in lighting required a lot of adjustments to white point, black point, gamma and so on. It's much simpler now, but that doesn't mean the result (at dawn) looks better. The image quality at daytime is ok. It all depends on textures and shader settings. The extreme white sky at some tracks (especially near the horizon) could be controlled by the turbidity setting, but it is, like so many features (light pollution at night for instance, you don't have a black sky at Sao Paulo), hardcoded and only adjustable in devmode. All this stuff is very complicated and there is a reason why some of the other sims don't have a full day/night cycle. It just takes a huge amount of time and manpower to get this right. Although I'm moaning a lot about this and it seems I'm only interested in the gfx stuff, the reason why I picked this sim is that ISI has, in my opinion, the right priority's. Physics first! The most beautiful sim is worthless if you have the constant feeling something is wrong with the underlying physics.

3. yoss

yoss Registered

the thing about the wiper dirt ?

4. philman

philman Registered

Yes and perhaps more internal reflections on the winscreen.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

@yoss
    I believe a simple copy of the windows gmt with a new reflection map (T1 shader, double sided, alpha blending transparency) should do the job. That should also fix our banner problem.

6. yoss

yoss Registered

i need 2d too , i check

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

yoss you got a pm with the requested files.

8. yoss

yoss Registered

got it

9. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Please make a "clean" standard one too, bacause all that dirt and too much reflection causes trouble in 3D Vision and maybe VR too. TIA

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

You got a pm. Worked better than I thought. :D

11. yoss

yoss Registered

12. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Looks great although the clipping of the "star" blending is somewhat irritating (looks like there is a shadow on the ground!?).
    Apart from this I really think someone should give the grill mesh some shading! :D

13. yoss

yoss Registered

we work on the windshield , may be tosch can look on the grill after

14. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Does rF2 support dynamic dirt buildup on the windshield? Now that would be cool!

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Like NR2003/iRacing?

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

17. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

is it right that the ai mercs are so slow with this mod?? is that realistic ??

18. RJames

RJames Registered

I think it was mentioned a number of pages back that the car balancing was done on feedback/results from a league. No one ran the SLS so it seemed to have got left behind however I think i read that was being addressed. I've been running AI endurance tests on a private server for the previous week across a number of tracks and it's also clear the SLS is not up to the same performance levels - although it seems to have a fairly high topspeed it's laptimes for example around Bathurst are around 4 seconds slower.

19. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

I see... Is this due to be fixed? I want to run offline but this is really annoying me !

20. yoss

yoss Registered

let us finish the current rework we made on the physics , it s not only clic clic clic , request time and long test