Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

iv been playing the Porsche and its a great mod well done..

But( and this isn't a moan) there seems to be more crashes in this mod, say compared to Aless mod. Is it because you have talent files. I like the more incidents, I don't seem to have any in the URD mods races.:)

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@YoLolo69
    Well, I silently sneaked in my cameras from my older FIA GT mod :p where I had an idea to locate a few cams i various places of the car (which could be there in real life).
    You are probably talking about bumper camera, which is located very low, somewhere where antifog lights or brake cooling intakes are. I have to better match their locations and will add a few more - also a more proper "hood cam", you are probably looking for.

@msportdan
    We don't have any dedicated talent files (yet? ). That means, default ISI talent is in use. Another thing, have most of incidents be made by AI driving 799? As that might be the main reason (AI don't really like that car in its current state).

3. msportdan

msportdan Banned

this is really good mate, the vettes are great and don't worry the sound aren't all bad :)

Yes the Porsche:)

4. Marek Lesniak

That might be it, then. I will keep an eye on that problem, although I suspect, where the issue is.

By the way, Yoss put some release notes in the first post and maybe not everyone read them, so let me put them here again:
    - added the 799R GT3 and Corvette Z06 GT3. Those two cars are converted from Apex GT3 rfactor1 mod ,so 3d models are of lower quality compared to SLS.
    - sounds for 799R are actually quite good. With Vette, they are unfortunatelly a bit worse. We are looking for better sources for samples.
    - all cars have updated tyres,
    - by default, gear ratios are locked to homologated pairs but we included an upgrade which unlocks all available ratios,
    - steering lock is locked but for people with wheels with rotation range of 270 degrees and lower, we provided an upgrade allowing to set steering lock between 10 and 14 degrees in 0.1 deg. steps.
    - engine heating and other "minor" things are not yet updated,
    - AI tyres are also updated, but AI don't like 799R, at least not as much as Corvette or SLS.
    - updated sls sfx file (thanks Valter Cardoso and Jamezinho )
    - 799R has rather high default camber and right now it doesn't work well so we suggest you to lower it (to less negative), almost to minimum actually.
    We think, range -2.5 to -3.0 front and -2.0 to -2.5 degrees rear works the best right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
  5. McFlex

McFlex Registered

So you heat up your room up to 40°-50° Celsius, wear helmet, suit and gloves because thats how it is in this cars? I mean it is great that you want to make this mod as real as it is but i think steering lock is more a setting of comfort and personal likes than somethink you must keep as real as it is in real live. :D

6. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I sorta agree, maybe take the locked steering off.

I get the gears ... but the lock I dont

7. Marek Lesniak

What exactly you don't get with steering lock beeing set to how it is in real car?

8. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I just agree as said above u need comfort which wheel.. no entirely realism..

9. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Just tried it... Physics are great, the only complains are about the default FOV on the corvette (the only one i tried) and the sounds that arn't even close to reality... But the main part (physics) you got it great!!!

10. McFlex

McFlex Registered

In all other mods/series/sims i use a steering ration of 15. So 720° set in logitech profiler and 24° (most times this is the max values of mods) set ingame. I know i could adjust the logitech profiler to get the ration of 15 (if i would knew the standard steering lock in your mod) but its kind of complicated to constantly switch these values.

11. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Thank you. For a work in progress it is good. Couple things I noticed is SLS cockpit looks to be slightly too far left now. Wasnt before. Only drove one SLS fwiw. The steering on the 799 is a bit too loose. I assume this is because of the lock. There is a bit too much rotation. Also very bad stalagmite shadows in SLS cockpit at Malaysia. ( only track tested with Merc). I can also confirm lots of accidents with the 799 AI. I think this may be related to the camber as well as the wheel lock. High speed turns at Silverstone is where this occured.
    Thanks for the mod. Keep up the good work. Should be great when done

12. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

At Silverstone with a field of 15 799s in practice session, all cars are sitting in pit stalls after anywhere from 4-9 laps. One thing I am starting to think after a few more laps is that the problem with the 799 may be due to a weaker FFB not the rotation or lock. Will raise FFB and test further. CSW for reference

13. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hey LesiU,

I think you are one of the few who mods the tires theirselves and hence must have some deeper knowledge on the subject. Did you ask ISI for help with the tires to get them working well with realistic camber angles or raised the issue with them? They did help out Pixsim with the Lola T280 if I'm correct. It might be worth the try.

Greets,

Roland

14. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

I gotta say boys. For me anyway. When I bump the FFB to 1.2 this car is amazing! Putting the camber where you suggest is perfect. This may be one of my favorite cars ever. The bump in FFB brings the car to life. Steering and road feel are outstanding. Thanks again. Great job. Cant wait to see whats next

15. baked bean

baked bean Registered

LesliU, any chance of simracingPL or anyone hosting a server as i cant find no one running this mod online, yet. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

16. Marek Lesniak

Sorry for not quoting you guys directly. Will reply in general.

Steering lock vs steering wheel range.
    I assume you guys already know, rFactor 2 will automatically lock your steering wheel at whatever is defined in HDV file of a car. That works for Logitech, Fanatec and Thrustmaster wheels (at least those newer).
    When you do things like set 720deg and keep it like that, then no wonder your experience is different... but then, don't ask me to unlock steering lock for your own comfort, because you like a specific ratio... Sorry, this is not a F1 car, where you can swap steering racks, with different steering ratios. GT class cars use many parts from their street legal equivalents, on which they are based and homologated and that also includes steering rack. They only limit steering lock. They reduce steering rack travel, which obviously reduces steering wheel rotation range as well to not damage brake ducts and not allow wider tyres to rub against wheel arches but that's it.
    So, don't do anything against what rF 2 wants to do. Let it do its thing as designed.

@Ronny1984
    Yes, I am in contact with ISI. No worries ;-)
    For sure, you will see some further improvements but I believe we have to wait for tyre model updates.

FOV
    Default FOV for cockpit view for all cars is set to 21. I can set it to something else... but what forces you guys to not set it to your liking in rF 2 options menu?

SLS cockpit
    I realigned center of the cockpit camera. Previously, I think it was slightly off before.

779 steering lock and ratio
    Once the car get ultra chassis, it will also receive a non linear ratio (I hope I don't have to explain, why ;) ).
    EDIT: Corvette Z06.R GT3 uses variable ratio... damn, I missed that somehow (will get update then, with ultra chassis)...on the other hand, SLS has much tighter and fixed ratio (feels more sensitive). Sorry guys, that's how those cars were designed. You have to deal with it.

AI going back to pits early
    I must investigate that but it I am not sure it is a bug with our cars. Regarding AI, I don't use anything unusual in their parameters. But will check that.

SimRacingPL server
    Yes, in fact today there will be one server running for sure. Probably from 6pm CEST.

17. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks LesliU, will join for some racing when its up :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

18. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks very much for your work. I've been dying to try it since it was first released but I found the seat position was too low even at its highest. Not being picky, its cos I altered seat pitch in plr probably but your car still did have too small a range. Also, dunno whether it was just me but the AI cars' mirrors used to be fully working, viewable from my cockpit view I mean. I think this gave me terrible FPS. Hope these two things have been changed. Looks like quality work and I like the general attitude of the modders too.

19. Patterik

Patterik Registered

Just tried the vette vs the 799 and sls. This is a lot of fun and very well done, thanks.

20. msportdan

msportdan Banned

been playing this mod all morning especially at lock, and its great its beautiful to play and cars feel nice... maybe not up to par of URDs mods (audio n visual wise), but on the other hand its free, and comes with some great liveries. Thanks modders. Such choice and Rf2 is king imo atm!!!

Mainly thanks to you modders.!!! :)