Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hey Tjc, just a heads up for you and any one else also, the merc steering lock only go's up to 20.5 at the moment rather than 26.0 ish so understeer can be a bit of a problem. I found that un checking steering wheel range from 540 down to 450 pretty much match's up with ISI's Camero steering range, hope that helps you and others too, its a great car and im looking forward to the Porsche too. :)

2. yoss

yoss Registered

static : the car have damage implemented :
    [​IMG][​IMG]

for the Template we don't released him because the car is not final and we provide some skins with the car.

the 799 rgt3 is on physics work , we want update the sls gt3 tyres with last rf2 future before begin to talk about a release of the 799 and one update of the sls gt3.

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@Static
    Depends on what are your requirements for that league.
    At this stage, I try to stick within raw GT3 spec. (locked diff, gear ratios etc.). Also, those cars are not like "one physics, different bodies". They are completly different cars so they won't be perfectly equal performance-wise although I try to use standard means to have them perform on the same level (engine performance, weight penalty). But because I plan to use them in my GT3 league, you might expect them to be league-ready once released.

As for steering lock... next revision of SLS will be locked at 20.6 deg with 540deg wheel lock. I will probably provide an upgrade option with lower lock (like 15 deg) for people with 180-270deg wheels but that's about it. Expect the same with other cars.
    Also, for now, only S8 (medium) compound is available (FIA GT3 spec.) for the cars.

In the future, I would like to "open" their specification a bit more, with additional upgrades, so the cars are more useful on Nordschleife, Le Mans etc. but that's just a plan.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice bb, appreciate the info. Will be giving this mod a go later so will keep your advice in mind. :)

5. tjc

tjc Registered

This is good to hear LesiU... :)

6. STATIC

STATIC Registered

cool, I'l check back in a couple months.

7. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I noticed that i can't set the camber more than -2.0 on the front and -1.0 at the back. Is this related to the GT3 regulations or is it a bug that needs to be corrected??

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  8. Marek Lesniak

You mean, more positive camber? That's the limit of this car.

9. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Better said, less negative camber...
    Yep, because i normally use about -1.3 to -1.5 on the front and around -1.0 on the rear on gt cars to get a correct temperature distribution on the entire tyre surface...
    Guess i'll have to wait for the final tyre model to use this car :(

10. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Indeed i had same issues, it really is not upto the mod tho, its the tyre model. But even like this the car is very drivable and fun

11. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I find the car very fun to drive too, but knowing i can get more grip out of it and not being able to gets me bored... :D

Yoss could increase the ammount of positive camber on the next patch until a solution is found for the tire model, don't you think??
    :cool:

12. yoss

yoss Registered

two guys is enough on the physics way ,i m surely don't touch nothing myself and if LesiU say that the actual value reflect the reality ...

13. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Sorry, didn't know that you were not in charge of that.... I was talking about a temporary solution for the tire model issue.... just to let us get more grip out of it... But ok, guess i'll have to wait for the final tire model
    :D

14. Marek Lesniak

In the end, it's the same for everyone. I don't want to mess with parameters fix a temporary bug, because later I will have to go back to them again.
    Also, next revision of the car might have softer front anti-roll bars, so more surface of front tyres will be used in corners (will be testing them in next few days).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  15. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Yup you're right!!! And about the front ARB, that will be very welcome, especially on low speed corners.... ;)
    Any ETA on the next revision?

16. Marek Lesniak

Well, I just finished testing all 3 cars :p Still a few things left to do, but it might be a matter of a few days, maybe one week, before we release them.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

:)

One other thing (sorry if this has been asked already)

Will we be able to alter the gears in the next version? Iirc they cannot be altered atm and I rarely (if ever) get the car into 6th gear, even on the longest straight.

18. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Cannot wait!

Hmmm.....what's the third car?

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

20. Marek Lesniak

Not yet. Eventually, yes but right now I don't have all available ratios for all of the cars, so no point in unlocking one car for example, while the others are still locked.