Your steering wheel, does the rotation match?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by realkman666, Jan 13, 2014.

1. datanode

datanode Registered

I have to say I am a bit confused by this, why can't we speed up the rack as well ?

I think mine is ok now, but I remember with the last build I had to change some things.

The wheel rotation max is different for the r35, and I think I have it different for the civic too, haven't tried the Houston much with the wheel on :S

Anyone with a clear idea of what we should do?

Edit:

I guess to be honest it doesn't matter, as setting a reasonable linear range and turning the wheel off on screen allows the rack change. The visual representation is then just annoying.

The point here might be the user wants to experience the same rotation. As if you put your sim wheel on the car :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Change sensitivity and watch the curve change.

I find that rf2 control system is very very good. I haven't seen another like it where you can add dead zone on top or bottom if you wish or change linearity of the input. It's very simple to use as well since you get a visual representation while you are doing it.

3. datanode

datanode Registered

Yeh true :) I didn't mean a logarithmic change. I also like the steering controls and flexibility.

But with if it had rack speed the visual would always match as long as the deg of rotation were set correctly.

I don't have the issue, I tend to set it so it does match anyway, but that might be just a little bit of OCD :)

4. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

While I said I would check this, I see there really is no need to. Seems to be confirmed by a lot of you guys. But like someone said, I don't think it effects the actual driving. It is probably just visible. Unless I am mistaken, the shaft on the steering column doesn't turn (when wheel is set to Off). Or at least I don't ever recall seeing it turn. So, my guess is that the in-car wheel is not tied to the rack/box or whatever the car has.

5. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Good point.

6. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Steering Wheel Range="576" // Degrees of steering wheel rotation, both visual and physical (if available)

Although not quite sure what 'available' pertains to?

7. ViSo

ViSo Registered

For me it match always:

Steering range on Logitech profiler: 360º
    Steering range on .ini: 360º
    Steering range depending on car: off (so I have always that steering range instead of multiple steering ranges depending on car)

Always 360º both physical and visually working perfectly.

8. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

It have always worked fine to me. 900º in logitech profiler and "vehicle set" in menu controls. Each car has its own degrees and match my G25

9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

View attachment 11465

10. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I think he means he is using the automatic set rotation feature in the game. So a car with 900 degrees, his wheel is automatically set to 900. One with 530 and his wheel will automatically set to 530, etc. etc.

11. Comante

Comante Registered

Indeed, and it work flawlessly with my logitech DFP, 900 degrees and let RF2 decide the angle for each vehicle.

12. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yeah, I'm just wondering why I have a problem and not him.

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I was wondering the same thing realkman666 a couple of weeks ago when all of a suddenly my rotations didn't match anymore. Apparently with the logitech profiler, the global settings can override the profile settings for the wheel.
    When messing about with a mod for rF1 I adjusted the wheel rotation in the wrong menu as it turned out.

For example:
    Global settings: 900degrees
    rF1 GT cars profile: 450 degrees (not at home right now, just example)
    rF1 F1 cars profile: 250 degrees (not at home right now, just example)
    rF2/Assetto Corsa profile: 900 degrees with automatic adjust

Works like a charm :)

Also don't forget to tick the box which say something like "allow game to adjust this property" or else rF2 won't be able to adjust the rotation per car.

14. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

To fix it you need to change the steering sensitivity in the Logitech Profiler to 100% and the game sensitivity to 0%.

I was having this same problem with G27 now that Ive installed Windows 10.
    I wouldnt remember how to fix it like I did before in Windows 7.
    The solution is kind of a mystery:

If you run RF2 with all default settings in-game and in the Logitech Wingman,
    Wingman: sensitivity = 50%
    RF2: sensitivity = 100%

the virtual steering wheel (both the visual and the actual inputs used by the game) will match just fine.
    But the sensitivity will be really high if want to drive the F1s.
    Then you need to turn down the in-game sensitivity. And that will cause the mismatch.
    To fix it you need to change the sensitivity in Wingman to 100% and the game sensitivity to 0%.

Its easy to feel the mismatch if you run a F1 car due to the tiny steering lock.
    Youll notice that the amount of steering needed for each corner will be completely crazy.
    And I wonder if some users are having the issue and not noticing it due to the fact that the majority - including myself - simply disable the visual steering wheel.

15. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

I don't quite get why people want on screen wheel as well as their own physical wheel?

16. tjc

tjc Registered

I don`t get this either. I know some people will have the on screen wheel visible but stationary so they can get the info that`s displayed on some wheels, especially open wheeler`s but personally I never have the on screen wheel displayed.

Each to their own though. :)

On the wheels matching, I`d have to check as like I say, I don`t have the on screen wheel visible but iirc, the lat time I checked, my G25 and the on screen wheels match fine, even with the FR3.5.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Why would the F1 cars be overly sensitive if you run Logitech profiler sensitivity at 50% and in-game sensitivity at 100%? Aren't those both fully linear? If they're both fully linear and the car is still way too overly sensitive than either the vehicles physics have a massive issue (highly doubt this) or you're using some sort of highly unrealistic overly touchy setup (for eg. not using "vehicle set" and lowering the steering rotation there, or pumping in a ton of steering lock from the car-setup screen if the particular car's setup adjustments allow). But if using "vehicle set" and a default or close-to-default steering ratio (from garage screen if particular car allows it) then you should not have any overly sensitive steering cars.

There is nothing super sensitive and "crazy" about the F1 cars' steering ratio in RF2. Check to make sure you have "vehicle set" enabled and that you don't have a super high steering ratio set from the garage screen (if the particular car allows this to be adjusted).

18. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...rotation-match?p=339239&viewfull=1#post339239

"the virtual steering wheel (both the visual and the actual inputs used by the game)".

The way I test if the inputs from the virtual steering wheel are the same as the physical one is making corner 4 at silverstone (135 degrees of steering wheel rotation with F1-like).
    Is such a test too flawed? Is there a way of knowing for sure?

19. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

After reading your reply I checked by loading the controller .json again.
    And I noticed that it loads "vehicle set" checked and "612" below it. And it is "612" on the physical wheel.
    When I click "race" it changes to 450 degrees on the physical wheel and when going back to the menu it says 450 below "vehicle set" (that remaisn checked).
    Ive tried reainstall Logitech drivers and it didn't help.

Can you someone load the g27 .json and check if it loads 612 degrees too?
    I thought it was supposed to be 450 as it is when going to the track - but not overly sensitive.

The part about perceived sensitivity,
    I say it is sensitive with these settings and based on straight line:

With all default (car setup, 18 degrees of lock, "set vehicle" checked, 100% sensitivity in the controller menu using the logitech default.json, 50% sensitivity on Logitech profiler) it is overly sensitive:
    Steering swings on straight.

With all default but sensitivities (car setup, 18 degrees of lock, "set vehicle" checked, 0% sensitivity in the controller menu using the logitech default.json, 100% sensitivity on Logitech profiler) it is perfect match:
    No swings on straight; corner 4 at Silverstone requires 135 degrees.

With all default but sensitivities (car setup, 18 degrees of lock, 450 degrees of rotation, 0% sensitivity in the controller menu using the logitech default.json, 50% sensitivity on Logitech profiler) it is perfect match:
    No swings on straight; corner 4 at silverstone at Silverstone requires more than 135 degrees.

The only fix I got right now is the 0 sensitivity in game and 100 on profiler.

Oh, and the FFB that the default g27 .json loads is 70. Important to note that as "steering wheel swings on straight" could be interpreted by some as "FFB too high".

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yes, FFB swinging on straightaway could be due to FFB settings, that will not have an effect on your steering ratio thus has no effect on steering sensitivity.

If you have vehicle set, then you shouldn't need to fool around with editing values in the json file. The numbers may change depending on your wheel's lock setting and/or the car you use since all cars have a different amount of lock (for eg. around 450 for an F1, 200-ish for a kart, 1080+ for a roadcar, etc.).