Your steering wheel, does the rotation match?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by realkman666, Jan 13, 2014.

1. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yeah, so I enabled the steering wheel again and I realized that the rotation doesn't match on the screen. I knew GSC (and I presume rF1 too) was like that, but I thought rF2 had fixed that. Is nKP the only game that can track the wheel correctly?

G25 900 degrees here

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yes except the FR3.5 which is the ONLY reason I don't drive that car.

3. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

There's a discrepancy after half a turn or something?

4. datanode

datanode Registered

Not on mine? But latest build I think I did something. As mentioned r3.5 doesn't match but I have a different profile (on wheel) for that car that brings it back.

Car rotation is set on mine ...

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

No it just doesn't match. I could turn my wheel 20 degrees and notice the onscreen wheel doesn't match. There is an immediate discrepancy.

6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I see. I really thought that kind of stuff was settled.

7. Panigale

Panigale Banned

What is hard to believe is that hasn't been fixed. Was a thread on that many months ago. One of my fav mods but maybe there is hope in 2014...

8. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

You should really set your onscreen wheel to invisible, or at least fixed, if there is something on it that you need, i.e. rev meter. No use matching them if you can't drive with it that way. By doing this, you ignore if it matches, and you actually set it up to be as comfortable as it is for you to be able to drive with - which is what the real racing teams/drivers do anyway ;)

9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I do that, but why not have it work properly?

10. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

What's not 'proper' about that? It's the most proper way imaginable. It's not proper to have a wheel both on the screen and in your hands. It also confuses the brain about what you are doing with the wheel.

11. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Is your wheels rotation set to the same as the car's rotation?
    Each car has a set rotation amount, so the 3D wheel should be moving that amount, regardless of how much (or less) your wheel is set to. If you are allowing the software to match the car's rotation, it should be equal.
    I'll admit, I haven't checked it. I either have the 3D wheel 'Off' or at least fixed (depending on the car). I will check it out though and see what results I get by setting my wheel to the rotation value of the car. I'll try to check this sometime this evening when I get home from work.

12. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Mine matches fine? Set my out of game profiler and in game degree rotation to the same value.

13. perplex

perplex Registered

i got the same problem with the FR3.5 since the compononent update... i have to untick the vehicle set button and reduce the steering range in settings to make it sync with my physical wheel...
    in the new civic the virtual wheel does not match my physical wheel aswell. but cant get it solved with decrease or increase the steerings wheel range in settings... annoying

14. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Because if the game is calculating the degree correctly, the wheels should match. If I'm not turning at the same rate as in the game, there is a flaw. That's what's not proper. Turning it off just hides the problem, but you're still not turning the right amount with what's in your hands.

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

It's supposed to calculate it from your 900 degree setting. If you have to change the profiler, there's a problem.

16. Domi

Domi Registered

You are turning the right amount of steering all the time, the visual representation of the steering wheel is what's wrong, not the real steering from the physics.

17. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Very well, but if I want the display on the wheel to follow my input, it would be nice to have it match.

18. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Howston has the problem aswell. Made a bug report for the FR3.5 in June aswell as 2months ago about it.

19. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Although I disagree with your point of view, I hope that somebody can help you achieve what you need in this case.

20. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

With rF1 you had to set the wheel rotation in the controller.ini to match your wheels true rotation setting.
    Steering Wheel Range="270" // Degrees of rotation of in-game steering wheel

There is a similar things in rF2
    Range From Vehicle="1" // Whether the Steering Wheel Range is automatically set based on the vehicle's TurnsLockToLock parameter
    Steering Wheel Range="576" // Degrees of steering wheel rotation, both visual and physical (if available)

Whereas with rF1 it was just a visual thing it changed in rF2.