Steering wheel too deep?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andreas67, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

I find in some cars isi no good sitting position.
    either the instuments I do not see, or
    I do not see the hood / street.
    Is there a possibility to adjust the steering wheel height?

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Adjusting the seat position always works for me.

3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Unfortunately Andreas, you can't adjust the height of the wheel, though as mentioned you could adjust the seat angle in the plr file. Doing this however will end up with you looking down all the time, so the horizon will be higher on your screens. Only real option would be to see if there is a button you could program for look down, or get head tracking hardware so you can glance down to see the wheel.

5. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

OK, Thank You all.

6. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

U could try turning the steering wheel off and adjusting your view through fov and seat buttons ingame. but u have to do this with every car u drive.

Du kannst versuchen das Lenkrad abzuschalten damit bekommst du einen besseren Blick auf die Instrumente und mit den Seat(Sitz) und Fov Tasten kannst du deine Position einstellen für eine optimale Sicht. Ich hab selber erst vor ein paar Monaten mein Ingame Lenkrad abgeschaltet und man gewöhnt sich sehr schnell daran vorallem seh ich mein eigenes und bekomme damit mehr Tiefe im Übergang vom Schreibtisch zum Monitor.

7. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Never used the ingame wheel :)

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The problem with turning off the in game wheel is that you lose the Motec screen that is typically embedded into the wheel on most of the cars. This would then require a HUD be displayed, taking away from the immersion. Though I do admit that having 2 wheels in view also takes from the immersion, so up to whoever is driving I guess. Maybe someone should build a wheel with a display screen built in to mimic the Motec screen. Have the buttons around it and everything instead of just having lights like the SLI-Pro has.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That or just use DashMeterPro, now that Smart Phones are more and more common this app really is the answer to just what you're describing. If you dont have a Smart Phone of course you're screwed with that respect, but even now you can buy one dirt cheap and use it just for this app.

10. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Interestingly enough, the problem is not with the megane