AMD GFX card performance issues, report directly to AMD here (link in thread)! Let's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Jan 8, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

have you tried any of the Sync options? Got the latest drivers?
    No stuttering at all for me on my overclocked HD7850.

2. ChristosGR

ChristosGR Registered

No I have sync off. Which of these options is the best for AMD cards?
    Yes I have the latest beta drivers.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Here's a tip: try asking in one thread.

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Calm down :) He's desperate for an answer or solution, as he has just bought a nice new graphics card which he thought would handle most.....
    Imagine how frustrating it must be?

5. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Simple solution: Employ a developer with experience optimizing nV optimised engines for AMD. This is not a new or uncommon problem.

EDIT: BTW it is time you re-charged the people who were here from the very start, but only paid the initial fee - like me.

It has been long enough and you have done enough development. Then you can afford that new, external knowledge professional/s, and get some AMD optimization under the belt.

Pretty important stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If I remember correctly there were only 2 selections, "catalyst 13.11 beta" and "previous driver". I could be completely wrong though lol.

8. ChristosGR

ChristosGR Registered

I have contacted the ISI support and they told me this :
    Can you attach a copy of your dxdiag report so we can pass this on to the programmers so they can make a better informed response to your inquiry?

To send us a dxdiag report:
    1. Click on Windows Start
    2. Click on Run...
    3. Type in dxdiag and press enter
    4. When dxdiag is finished gathering information, click on the [Save All Information] button
    5. When the Save As... dialog opens, save the dxdiag.txt file to your desktop
    6. Reply to this email and attach the dxdiag.txt file as an attachment

9. gneffio

gneffio Registered

I can't reach this 4gb limit, somehow if I hit the 3gb limit the the .exe crash... And no, I have more than 4gb, I have 8gb... I've recently bought rF2 but this AMD issue is really bad, I can manage 60 fortunately in a good amount of cases with my 6850 cf, but then I have a lot's of LOD issue with the Civic (the cars in 100-150mt from seems like no roof and no windshields!). Don't know why I have this issue with RAM, never happened with other sims. That' shad because I really like so much the live track rubber, variable weather and the tyre model... Let's see how it evolves.

10. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

11. gneffio

gneffio Registered

Sorry, forgot to mention my PC spec:
    Windows 7 64bit
    AMD Phenom II 955BE @3.7
    AsRock Extreme4
    Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 8Gb
    AMD HD 6850 CrossFireX @850/1100
    SSD Corsair Force 3 60Gb
    Western Digital 1Tb(Sim installed here)

And those are my setting inside the sim

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've also tried to disable mirror and I've got no more stuttering or fps issue, instantly went to 60 FPS at NordSchleife from 33-35, but i have to drive always in last position to drive without mirrors :) and i don't like to be last!

Seriously, i see a lot of great potential in this sim, but i would like to find it enjoyable, even with all low/off i have this fps issue with mirrors on.

12. drako90

drako90 Registered

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I had that card before my update and didn't have problems, either. I think that card has magic powers. :)

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've overclocked to above HD7870 and there's more juice in there to be had one day, think the most I got was a 25% increase IIRC.

15. 88mphTim

IIRC the 7850 outperformed many later cards anyway. Awesome card. The bearings started to go in my fan though, so it sounded like I was trying to feed a cat through a tree chipper.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah that's why I plumped for it, because it was so good out the box and overclocking potential was there.
    It's gonna have to be my card for 2014 too so hope it does'nt burn out.....flying to Aus to see my beloved V8Supercars in October ;)

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

18. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

What I get from that comment is that you know how that sounds, and this is terrifying.

19. 88mphTim

What I get from your comment is that you have poor judgement. There, that was fun. Your turn I guess.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

For the sake of clarity Tim: are you saying the sound was like feeding a cat through a tree chipper, as in:

1. Pushing a cat physically into the feed chute of a tree chipper, with the intended goal something along the lines of having yourself a chipped cat; or
    2. Nourishing a cat, by placing some unstated food substance into the feed chute of a tree chipper with the intention of hurling said food to/at the waiting cat?
    If the answer is 2, and you've done this, I'd like to know how the cat felt about it. Not that I think it would have been able to actually communicate its feelings to you, but just the general gist based on its reaction and appearance.

Thanks!