Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

lol, please remind me not to hitch a ride with Tim in his road car.

Back on point, if a car does get to a certain point up on two wheels, if the front tire turns to the inside, its hard to keep the car from rolling on over.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I just ran this car for the first time today and don't like the feeling of it. I've read about the whole torque bit too. Anyway, I was cornering into the final turn at Mores and the car rolled over numerous times (and there didn't seem to be any dissipation of energy while rolling over, it's like the momentum was unaffected by gravity). It was hilarious and terrible at the same time, I was going about 120km/h or less and the thing rolled off worse than the preview RUF @iRacing. There is no argument in the world that such behavior is acceptable.

3. Maug

Maug Registered

Show us a video of your driving please.

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There's a video on the last page, although at Mores the corner isn't as tight and there was no kerb touching either. It's only happened in the BTCC Civic and there is absolutely no way something is not off with the car, or a combination of the car plus road.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It really helps a lot if we see your specific example though. There could be a few things at play here, on top of just the car/tyres and the road grip.

Also your apparent dismissal of the car feeling ("...don't like the feeling of it. I've read about the whole torque bit too. ") doesn't make it sound like you're viewing things objectively.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I see what you mean but just because I didn't feel the car was 100% doesn't interfere with that incorrect behavior. I came into the corner from a wide angle to take it in 3rd gear, around 110-120km/h, when the front left just took off and the car rolled over, flipping a few times instead of decelerating due to the friction with the road surface. I had nearly default setup, I just brought 5th and 6th gears down one click and was running on soft tires. That happened on lap 3 of the race.

7. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I think it might be that corner at Mores, it seems impossible to go around there both fast and totally in control in any car. I don't take any notice of any vehicle behaviour once airborne or on grass, as it clearly needs work to the point of being funny in that area. That corner though, it puts me off that track.

8. Maug

Maug Registered

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That's going uphill on a very tight turn at high speed (for the corner) with some weight transfer kicking in too.

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

^ and yet if it weren't for the mudded cliff-face, the car would have continued rolling up-hill (at least back on all fours if not on it's right side or upside down) due to it's momentum....and despite travelling so slow out of the corner.

11. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

The rally cars do not have slick tyres that have much more grip, also rally cars have like 5time larger ride height, again, less mechanical grip, this particular car has much less downforce, but that doesnt really apply in such slow corner

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, but if you had that corner in the game and rolled the Civic but no other cars, you would probably say:

I'm not familiar with Mores, but if there's a bit of a bump that gives the inside of the car some upward momentum (at 120kph it doesn't need to be a bump you'd be able to see when standing in front of it; in fact a slower rise would do a better job) and you're turning with decent grip at the same time, a rollover seems possible. Again it's hard to put it into context without at least a replay.

Note I'm not saying it isn't wrong, I'm just saying it's difficult to be sure. You've already made your mind up, apparently.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I fired it up briefly tonight to get some idea for practice for this one-off race coming up and came across a contact issue. I don't know if it's the car, the track, or whatever but I figured I'd post if anyone experienced the same. What happens is that when coming in contact with the wall, regardless of angle (even almost parallel) the front gets sucked in and rotates the car around. This happens with any wall anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What other walls? I've banged plenty and never experienced that, could be a track specific issue....speaking of which where did you get **** from?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Almost certainly the track. A scratch built track needs to do walls a certain way, while 'retrofitting' a converted rF1/other track takes a fair bit of tweaking. Sounds like that Adelaide isn't done right.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Sorry guys I had to edit my post. It does come from the track!

With regards to the roll, after driving more and watching real life videos, I think the lift bit is perfectly fine but in the game it seems to generate some form of weightlessness that impacts the inertia allowing the car to just continue to roll instead of offering resistance and coming back down. The moment the wheels go up it seems like the car has no weight (from a ton to a kilo :p) and then the momentum from the lifting tire just impacts and rotates everything. So the Civic numbers can be spot on, it's just an issue with car behavior under certain circumstances (like iRacing had with the attached wheels causing cars to endlessly spin after a heavy crash, or AC with kerbs serving as launching pads and highlighting how the cars fly and come back down off).

17. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

But it's the resistance that's causing the roll. If tires would slide, car would fall back down.

Keep in mind that in simulation, you have better feedback during oversteer (FFB) than during roll (when you only have visual feedback).

So we don't "feel" the roll and have to rely on visuals. This has two consequences:

1. We will be late with our reactions. In reality you will get this "whoa!" effect as soon as wheels start to lift. In simulation you will build a considerable rolling momentum before you react.
    2. We will get the impression that car is light, since you don't feel anything. Lack of damage will also lead us to believe that car is light.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's not just from driving, when observing the car behavior at regular speed on replay that it seems light (and consequently how there's no properly gradual deceleration of the rolls). It was an observation that I tried to build as constructive feedback.

19. nowayjose

nowayjose Registered

All the cars in the game are very light, I wonder why the others aren't affected.

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

Good morning ISI, could i please you guys to check the FFB of this car in combination with the T500RS ? I really tryed everything coming in my mind but i can't get rid of this on off feeling which for me sometimes feels kinda like a reversed effect with some resistance holes. Thnx.